Juan Mata

Severinb

if Jose goes with a 4231 I can see Mata fitting in, if its a 433, then I really can't see a place for Mata

Let's wait and see..

I cant believe that Mou would make a non-mata working formation - thats just stupid considering he's our best player.

Needs to give it his all on the defensive end once the new striker comes in. Can't be pulling out of challenges and half-arsing under Mou.

Has he finally forced his way into the Spanish starting lineup yet btw or is the inferior Silva still keeping him out the team?

Unreal stats for Mata. What a player, best AM in the world in my opinion. I'd say only Gotze is close. Ozil was better last year but his form dropped this year and even at his best he can't hang with the goals Mata scores.

Iniesta as an AM is still the best of the lot in my opinion. He's a freak and genius. Mata is probably the 2nd best AM in the world.

On defense it's like he doesn't even try at all. I'm not sure if Mourinho will tolerate that.

He does try very rarely but he's just too small and weak for it to matter. Mourinho won't tolerate those deficiencies especially in the big games. I like Mata as much as the next guy but some games don't suit him, there's nothing wrong in admitting that. If we're under the cosh and need everybody to run and press he wouldn't make my 11. That doesn't mean he won't play the other 85% of the time when we dominate the ball and have other teams under pressure.