Juan Mata

Severinb

I cant believe people forget our game vs tottenham during de mateo's era mata played wide/roaming right of a three including Hazard-oscar-Mata. Funny enough mata is one of our best players, yet i would say he is our weak link in the sense that he is not a winger/ slow and he is defensively poor. when he plays as a number 10 he really plays as a second stiker leaving our midfield two exposed (ie a 2 v 3). a perfect example being our trip to Goodison park ( everton) even though he (mata) played as our #10 we did not control the game, yet when oscar came on as the #10 he was a presence and influenced the game as a #10 should. I would say mata represents kaka, in simple sense a second striker NOT a #10 ' meaning not a controler but a striker really' while you can say oscar represents zidane, a reall number ten, dynamic, yet a presence in the MIDDLE, creating a true three man midfield.

If jose is our next manager and it comes down to oscar or mata as our #10, he will choose oscar and that will be the right choice in my opinion.

P.S. I like mata but funny enough he might be our weak link,and the player holding us back.EX: Kroos-sweinstieger-J. Martinez vs Oscar-KDB-Mikel is more structured, phisical, and compact , and has the ability to hold possessing similar to our Lampard-Ballack-makalele axis containing elements of tiki-taka, and power.

Mata is our best player, make no mistake about that.

But to become a real force to be reconed with, I think jose will develop his defensive side massively and force him to do some gym work to develop his strength to hold the ball under pressure. And I think he will develop his workrate under jose, maybe if jose subs him off early in games to keep him fresh like he does with ozil it will make mata less tired and cancel out that 3 vs 2 midfield that always happens to us.

I also think benitez makes mata stay high up the pitch and makes the wingers come back more like 4-4-1-1 instead of 4-2-3-1

how he's not considered top 5 is beyond me. an absolute magician.

I think its because he's not as "attractive" in his playstyle as lets say Hazard, plus Chelsea aren't that popular I guess.

He barely does anything flashy, he's very humble, low-profile.

^ LMAO Doni! We have more than one Israeli fan :D

Ofc, there's also me! :D