Juan Mata

Severinb

ofaxzr.png

Stamford Bridge (09/02/12)

Term X: *proceeds*

(Reluctantly greets Raul & Hilario)

Hilario: "These two..?"

(Once confirmed, Hilario & Raul add signatures)

Term X: *tactfully nods in appreciation, 'If Juan Mata was the main course, Hilario was a cold side dish'*

(Customary body language)

Term X: "Great hair btw Raul.."

*forces generic small talk*

(A distant gaze, comparable to the 'eyeing up' of an unwanted Christmas present. Wondering whether it could be taken back, unfortunately scousers don’t 'do' receipts. A failed final hour bid for Luka Modric, a permanent reminder of what could have been.)

*proceeds towards Mata*

Term X: "Juan"

*states recipients name, as a greeting*

Mata: "Haha"

(Laughs at the emphasis put on the 'j')

Mata: *glides ink, to form a signature*

Term X: (Prepares to articulate query)

Term X: "Juan, during the 2-1 win over Manchester City at Stamford bridge. You whispered something into David Silva's ear, what did you say?

*onlookers marvel at the ingenious question*

Mata: "Ah.."

*eyes light up*

Mata: "...(Pauses)... Mind games." (Winks without winking)

*anticipates response*

Term X: In what sense?, What were you referring to specifically?"

(Pressing for details after a somewhat vague answer)

Mata: "It's a secret" (As if to say, a magician never reveals his secrets)

Mata: "Haha (Spontaneous laughter, momentarily in deep thought) it's a secret…"

*Mischievously exclaimed*

Term X: ".....Fair enough."

*respectfully accepts stance*

(Realising that his initial response was fruitful enough for interpretation.)

2vx4w34.gif

From this I can deduce that Mata and Silva are having an affair.

I concur with your points, but some of them are exactly why I make the suggestion of bringing in Malouda to keep Mata central. As you said, Mata's tracking back isn't what it could be, so therefore it makes sense to ease him of that responsibility which is where I think Malouda comes in use. It's no secret his attacking abilities are dire, but he gives Cole a great deal of support when we're defending he did it with Bosingwa v. United.

Like you said, again, it's the fact he drifts from that wing (when he's deployed there in a sense) into the middle which does create a type of problem on that wing. Now I wouldn't vouch for Malouda in an attacking sense, but in the case of using the three of Malouda - Mata - Sturridge means Mata can drift as much as he wants and we know someone will be covering that left-flank. It somewhat makes sense why André targeted Perreira in June.

i agree but not on the malouda being a dire attacker thing... we have enough brawny athletic guys that can get themselves into good forward areas and get a decent hard shot or cross out of their feet, which is the kind of player malouda is. that's not what we need to break down well drilled defences though, mata's creativity is needed then. malouda, for me, is a very good player for the middle of the park because of his athleticism, and that does free up players ilke mata to be more influential in the area they can be best in.

"A few years ago Chelsea was in the final, with penalties, and had no luck. I watched it on TV, it was just a lottery and the team was unlucky, but now we want to repeat that journey to the final." - Juan Mata

If they manage to do that this year, I'll donate all my saved money.

He must be wondering "wtf?" Id say when he signed he thought he was signing for a top European club that would be right up there competing for the Premier League and Champions League, instead he is at a club in crisis that is on the verge of going out of the Champions League in the last 16 and currently sit 5th in the Premier League. Not only that but he also plays in a team that plays dull football, at least at Valencia they play some nice stuff that accentuated his positives.

He seems like a good character, I think he will stick around to see if we can make serious adjustments and improvements next season.