Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

he didn't get 1 decent ball like origi got

yes he's first touch was again awful

but for me no striker in the world looks good with a slow midfield with chadli and dembele who really slows a game

and then u r rejoicing in ONE poor performance of his despite him still being OUR player.

fair enough, right? :wank2::rolleyes:

Its not one poor performance. He has had many this season. Rejoicing? No. Is he overrated? Hell fucking yes!

WOW. So much double standards. I knew this would happen. Costa has a below average game and he is rightly defended but people are waiting at the door to bash Lukaku. I am not denying that he had a bad game or am I saying he should be the no.1 striker but fucking relax. This is Belgium's first game in a WC for 12 years. They were all average in first half and some second half. Second game I am sure they will have better team chemistry and we hopefully will see a better performance.

But sorry to say some of our 'fans' should be embarrassed with their comments. Especially the one who described him as a "joke of a striker" or something down those lines. We should be getting behind him regardless of his comments to the media. He is 21 and it amazes me to see how people jump on his back but when he does well you don't see the ones criticising him complementing him.

Patience of our fans is poor and shameful. He had a bad game. That does not make him a bad striker ffs.

Agreed. I don't like judging any player by his performance in a WC. There are too many factors to consider. Some average players manage to shine in a WC and some great players seemingly flop.
That being said, I also agree that:

...he's like Torres. He needs space so he can open his legs. But I wouldn't put a lot of blame on him today, most lone strikers would have had trouble today when the middle of the pitch was so congested. Lukaku just needs to bring himself down to earth and work hard next year as the 2nd choice striker. At worst he'll always be useful when playing purely on counters or when chasing a game and you need more bodies up front.

It's poor but some people have grown antagonistic to his antics because of his big mouth even after professing his so-called love for Chelsea.

Well I can understand why that annoys people but when you see such comments it really annoys me. Why do people slate our striker who while has his flaws has got into double figures 2 season in a row. Look, I know he has some growing up to and play to improve but how many big clubs would love to have a striker like him on their books.

You know what the difference is? Costa has proved himself on the big stage. Without doing so Lukaku is talking non stop to the press about being a "complete striker". Thats what annoys me.

When Costa was 21 please compare his stats to Lukaku. Yes, Costa has proved himself on the big stage but he is around 5 year older than Lukaku. What annoys me about Costa is his nasty antics that can cause trouble to himself and the club if he gets sent off for doing one of his 'crazy moments'. Same way Lukaku speaks to the press too much, Costa too often loses his cool.

I am not saying you should not be annoyed with him for his comments and arrogance but come on he is young and just a bit immature maybe. He will learn but you should not let that turn into hatred as your comments seem to suggest. It would be best to get behind him. The last time Belgium played in the WC, Lukaku was in primary school. The more he plays with Belgium he will get better but as I reitirate he is 21. Regardless of what he says we can't expect him to be a world beater and your comments of him being a "joke of a striker" is harsh considering his age.

Its not one poor performance. He has had many this season. Rejoicing? No. Is he overrated? Hell fucking yes!

15 goals for everton a team that came 5th and 2 spots below us. yes he had a DISASTOROUS season. sell him off for free!!!

15 goals for everton a team that came 5th and 2 spots below us. yes he had a DISASTOROUS season. sell him off for free!!!

So its ok if you play like absolute shit, as long as you score in the game. Its been said already, Lukaku isnt good against teams that load the box. Most teams play like that against us. He doesnt have a great first touch either. Explain to me, how will he benefit our team?

So its ok if you play like absolute shit, as long as you score in the game. Its been said already, Lukaku isnt good against teams that load the box. Most teams play like that against us. He doesnt have a great first touch either. Explain to me, how will he benefit our team?

Dude, he was so shit that even shit was not the right word to describe. I mean u have really seen lukaku a LOT this season, I can see that. :lol:

Lukaku will be our second striker, which would mean his major role will be of a super - sub. Which he will be brilliant at. Be it playing when the team is 1-0 up and we need pace on the coubter, or if we need a goal, him and costa vs a tired and ragged defence would be immense. Also don't act like teams dint play with a low block against everton.but since u think lukaku was shit all season long, what are we even discussing.

Ps- if a striker can score 15 goals, i actually would not mind hin playing "shit" if that "shit" is as good as lukaku's.

I think the whole team was poor - very poor!

Lukaku didn't do the basics well enough though - didnt work the channels, first touch was poor etc. that's why he was subbed.

I know it's poor to critiscise one player, so I'm not. The whole team stank and I wanted Algeria to at least get a draw.

I think this weight of expectation is fucking with them, more than it did with England...

If this is Lukaku letting his footballing doing the talking, then he best get ringing journos again :) (JOKE!!!!)