Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Ba was more worthwhile than Torres this year, scoring about a goal every three matches (since a lot of them were only a couple of minutes long coming of the bench that's not bad). Torres on the other hand scored a goal about every four matches. Most of these matches were longer than Ba's.

Yet Torres keeps on playing. Familiar? :)

Yes we all know Torres is shit but that doesn't change the fact Lulus goals at Everton doesn't automatically mean he will succeed here.

These pages would be on the 368 mark had Lukaku been playing in Costa's position tonight but surprise, surprise the excuses for Costa are that he has recieved no support. BTW that is true but it is funny that when it is Lukaku it is that it is his fault. Some people just wait to pounce and slate you unfortunately because they have made their mind up.

While on the flip side the special treatment he is receiving is borderline KDB if not Torres level.

He is a good young player but still along way from being number one here. That isn't picking on him its just how I see it.

Yes we all know Torres is shit but that doesn't change the fact Lulus goals at Everton doesn't automatically mean he will succeed here.

There is no 100% guarantee with any player

Lukaku for third striker...

No way he beats Torres (or whoever Jose brings in) with Jose as a manager. Before, I can understand the argument that the player power was stronger than the manager, but not now. Jose will picked players because he wants to... Lukaku, is better off being sold and used as a trade piece.

Here's the thing - as a professional footballer he's light years ahead of where Drogba was as the same age. But Drogba came to us as a 26 year old with good technique and presence.

As players arriving at this club, they're quite far apart in those terms. That comparison is probably weighing on people's perceptions of him, and maybe even his own opinion of his talents.

Is it inconceivable that he might not be ready to lead the line for this club until the next World Cup? Might he need that amount of time to mature?

The comparisons to Didier need to stop.... They are nothing alike on the football field.

Lukaku for third striker...

No way he beats Torres (or whoever Jose brings in) with Jose as a manager. Before, I can understand the argument that the player power was stronger than the manager, but not now. Jose will picked players because he wants to... Lukaku, is better off being sold and used as a trade piece.

I hate to agree with you on this but I'm actually starting to accept it now.

Lukaku is better served on a team that won't be facing compact defenses every game. His touch and control in tight spaces is poor and because of that he may be better off playing elsewhere.

On a personal level I'd love for him to be here, on a footballing level he just seems too raw to play for a top 5 club... He's better than Torres though.

AS English@English_AS 14m

Romelu Lukaku close to joining @Atleti on loan. 30M counter bid tabled for Valencia target, Jackson Martínez.

Question, doesn't he has two years left in his contract?

Why loan him now if he has not signed an extension?

Unless he miraculously develop Suarez/Aguero skills in the next 2-3 years he will never be one of the best ST. ATM he is nothing more than a powerful old fashioned forward whose only do well when the team is doing well, crossing/supplying him with the ball. He is not a Rooney or Suarez who will move back to receive the ball and involves team mates and that is why he won't make it here with us. A club like us need someone a lot more that from our ST.

Basically atm he is worth around 15m max in term of ability however his potential means he will be 20-25m. I doubt he will ever get past that 30-35m max even at his peak because of his limited ability.

So far against Russia his hold up play, first touch and movement has been awful, also the last game it was terrible. He'll never be our number 1 striker if he doesn't improve on that aspects of his game, I mean look at Eto'o's movement for us in comparison or how Eto'o holds the ball up when he has to and has very good control in tight areas while shielding the ball, he needs to improve that. I know hes still young but still its so frustrating to see him mess up simple things like a first touch or like Henry, Shearer and Seedorf said before the game he isn't on the half turn to receive the ball when he should be so he can drive at the back 4.