Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Lukaku will come back next year and be one of our top 2 strikers. However, people need to understand that statistics from other teams don't translate to Chelsea. Strikers do not have success at Chelsea. Ba scored 13 goals in 20 games with Newcastle last season.He's scored 3 in 21 for Chelsea. Chelsea are set-up so that our attacking midfielders score. Our attacking midfielders have 15 goals in the Premier League. Everton's have 5. You can't just look at Lukaku and say "he's scored 8 goals with Everton so he'd score 8 with Chelsea." He most certainly wouldn't because the systems are completely different and Chelsea's system is much worse for strikers..

You can't buy all these midfielders that love to shoot and also think your striker is going to score lots of goals. When Drogba was scoring a lot, only Lampard was also scoring a lot for Chelsea. Those 2 were taking the bulk of the chances for Chelsea. There were a few other players who could score but did so effectively when opportunities came for them, The team was filled with guys like Makaleke, Essien, Ballack, Geremi, J. Cole, Kalou etc...who were not big goal scorers but who did the build-up play that allowed Drogba to get scoring chances. This Chelsea team is completely different. We have a lot of players who want to shoot and have the talent to. (Incidentally, one of our biggest problems again. You really need to have defined roles on teams with a common goal. Chelsea have 6 attacking midfielders who all want to be "the man" and feel they deserve it.)

looks at your sig and realises it is pointless trying to reason with you

. I dont feel Lukaku is same league as Drogba and dont think he will ever be. That's all. You may feel differently and you are quite entitled to that opinion. But to ridicule a comment I made by calling it ridiculous can annoy. I will listen to anyone's opinion and will not make derogatory remarks because we are all supporting the same team and just want the best for that team. If you want to annoy supporters go to the Man U forums.

you just pissed me off, that's all :rant:

. I dont feel Lukaku is same league as Drogba and dont think he will ever be. That's all. You may feel differently and you are quite entitled to that opinion. But to ridicule a comment I made by calling it ridiculous can annoy. I will listen to anyone's opinion and will not make derogatory remarks because we are all supporting the same team and just want the best for that team. If you want to annoy supporters go to the Man U forums.

you just pissed me off, that's all :rant:

oh you are precious but then since Torres is your favourite player its understandable

oh you are precious but then since Torres is your favourite player its understandable

Favourite was and always will be Osgood....but I couldn't put him :D​ At the moment it's Torres because of his Barca goal

PS. I was at that Cosmos match...

I think he should be a part of the team next year, but I wouldn't rely on him as the only good striker we have (no, Eto'o Torres and Ba are not good).

He scores a lot which is very good but still he is lacking some traits.

Him as the second striker next season under the guidance of Jose would do wonders for him, IMO.

But for this to happen we need to finally get rid of Torres and also sell Ba and not extend Etoo's contract.

I think he should be a part of the team next year, but I wouldn't rely on him as the only good striker we have (no, Eto'o Torres and Ba are not good).

He scores a lot which is very good but still he is lacking some traits.

Him as the second striker next season under the guidance of Jose would do wonders for him, IMO.

But for this to happen we need to finally get rid of Torres and also sell Ba and no extend Etoo's contract.

Ideally Ba would be 3rd striker but I doubt he'd settle for that next season.

Seeing him today against Arsenal made me realise why I was happy when he left. Moans when he doesnt get the ball and when he gets it he does fuck all. We already have 3 strikers like that at Chelsea.

tumblr_static_haaaaaawk.gif

He's young and hungry, if he wasn't screaming for the ball I'd be worried.

You mean Andy Carroll who has only 27 PL goals in his career compared to Lukaku's 25, despite being four years older and having played double the amount of Premier League games than Lukaku has? Andy Carroll, whose best season goalscoring-wise was 13 league goals and hasn't done fuck all in the three years since that? The same Andy Carroll who is not even a regular at a mediocre West Ham side and only managed seven league goals there last season?

You know hes injured right........

I remember the game vs Liverpool (cup final) where Carrol terrorized Chelsea in the air.... Had a good 3-4 chances to score as well and the game completely changed with Carroll.