Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I see no resemblance of Drogba in Lukaku tbh outside of size.

Drogba clearly spent a lot of time playing street ball in France as a kid, and that translates to his gamesmanship and skills.

Lukaku seems to have been taught, at least as a kid, to use his physical size more than anything else. Probably from his more professional training at Anderlecht.

There will never be another Drogba.........But I think Lukaku has modelled himself on the Great One. Puts himself about, runs at defences, arguably terrorizes them, has much the same physical presence and can score goals (but not at the rate of the Great One )Hopefully he will be a "player" for us in time

On here he is often damned with faint praise BUT those who are still critical do you still consider him only our 4th best striker?

Hard to say as he was never given a consistent run in our system (to compare him to the others). But I really doubt he'd be much worse than them

There will never be another Drogba.........But I think Lukaku has modelled himself on the Great One. Puts himself about, runs at defences, arguably terrorizes them, has much the same physical presence and can score goals (but not at the rate of the Great One )Hopefully he will be a "player" for us in time

No doubt Lukaku will be a great player for whoever he ends up playing for, but he isnt enough like Drogba to be considered a poor mans version of him.

I'd consider him a rich man's Carroll :D

I see no resemblance of Drogba in Lukaku tbh outside of size.

Drogba clearly spent a lot of time playing street ball in France as a kid, and that translates to his gamesmanship and skills.

Lukaku seems to have been taught, at least as a kid, to use his physical size more than anything else. Probably from his more professional training at Anderlecht.

Of course !! Especially because the 'home situation' of Lukaku after being a Boom guy (Antwerp) was Brussels. Drogba some to Le Mans. It is only 541 km with NO cultural difference.

If anything, In Anderlecht there are more footy squares than in Le Mans.

So spending? Nah. Lukaku's dad was a Pro. Lukaku got it since he was a year old. Everything he lacks in natural gift from a non existing god, he gets from thinking about it. This guy does that.

No doubt Lukaku will be a great player for whoever he ends up playing for, but he isnt enough like Drogba to be considered a poor mans version of him.

I'd consider him a rich man's Carroll :D

Carroll cost the Pool 35 million at the time......................What value Lukaku?????????? :D

Of course !! Especially because the 'home situation' of Lukaku after being a Boom guy (Antwerp) was Brussels. Drogba some to Le Mans. It is only 541 km with NO cultural difference.

If anything, In Anderlecht there are more footy squares than in Le Mans.

So spending? Nah. Lukaku's dad was a Pro. Lukaku got it since he was a year old. Everything he lacks in natural gift from a non existing god, he gets from thinking about it. This guy does that.

Is the prized child prodigy playing footy in the street the way a college student trying to live out a dream is though? I know for a fact that famous child Lukaku was treated different playing in the streets than young Drogba. Its like comparing a celebrity to just an average bloke :D

I think Drogba was a late bloomer that he was already in University with a kid before he even became a regular footballer.

Carroll cost the Pool 35 million at the time......................What value Lukaku?????????? :D

Right now?

40 million at the least. He has already proven himself to be a capable striker in any league with the shows he has put in the past two years in the hardest league in the world.

Just watched Romelu live against AFC: definitely not CFC level yet. Immature, doesn't get involved enough for defensive duties, if you can't win one aerial ball against Gibbs in 90 mins. However plenty of passion and good presence.

You are right. We are totally fine with Torres and Eto.

It's time people forget what those players used to be and realize what they ARE.

Lukaku IS ready for Chelsea. He proved it in West Brom, he proves it in Everton. I think we'll recall him in the summer.

Right now?

40 million at the least. He has already proven himself to be a capable striker in any league with the shows he has put in the past two years in the hardest league in the world.

But...(The million dollar question)..Yes or No...DO YOU THINK HE COULD BE CHELSEA'S NO1 STRIKER THIS SEASON ? :D

Lukaku is what it says on the tin...A poor mans Drogba. Big, bulky, runs at teams, draws defenders to him, but as Stingray says, he is not quite the finished Chelsea article yet. Dont think he is our 20 goal a season striker at the moment I'm afraid.

Ridiculous. Didier was playing for a semi-professional French team (Levallois, ever hear of them?) at the age of 16 while Romelu was basically a starter for Anderlecht.

Compare their seasons in the PL at a similar age (26+) before making such assumptions as 'a poor mans Drogba'.

I know for a fact that famous child Lukaku was treated different playing

Ow yes? for a fact. And do you know how much it matters? What are the variables? Was he famous? How was life in Brussels btw?

Do you know this ... for a fact?

lol.

Ridiculous. Didier was playing for a semi-professional French team (Levallois, ever hear of them?) at the age of 16 while Romelu was basically a starter for Anderlecht.

Compare their seasons in the PL at a similar age (26+) before making such assumptions as 'a poor mans Drogba'.

Ridiculous ?????????? whats fucking ridiculous. Lets wait until Lukaku has played as long as Drodba did and we'll compare their stats. Dont think Lukaku will have a Champions league winners medal and two Premiership titles along with numerous cup medals under his belt. And I dont see him scoring the winning penalty for us either.

Never judge a race at the beginning......Judge it at the finish line mate..............

Ridiculous ?????????? whats fucking ridiculous. Lets wait until Lukaku has played as long as Drodba did and we'll compare their stats. Dont think Lukaku will have a Champions league winners medal and two Premiership titles along with numerous cup medals under his belt. And I dont see him scoring the winning penalty for us either.

Never judge a race at the beginning......Judge it at the finish line mate..............

Well, stop calling him a poor man's Drogba then, if we have to wait for him to retire first. ;-)

COMPARE like with like ,, Lukaku at 20 Drogba at 20..