Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I think you're the only one who wanted to read that a Chelsea supporter was being racist because it fits your agenda. You've criticised our support in other threads so maybe that's your thing.

Not being funny, but you don't seem to like this club or it's supporters very much.

Because stating, "To scare opposition', is a well and thoroughly deprived statement and has nothing to do with the players skin when phrased :rolleyes:

The way this club has been running and our support as of late, deserves criticism. To the highest amount. From over the billions we invested , our board and Roman have nearly flushed down this Club's tradition and prestige and have made a mockery of how this club was viewed before Roman.

Because stating, "To scare opposition', is a well and thoroughly deprived statement and has nothing to do with the players skin when phrased :rolleyes:

The way this club has been running and our support as of late, deserves criticism. To the highest amount. From over the billions we invested , our board and Roman have nearly flushed down this Club's tradition and prestige and have made a mockery of how this club was viewed before Roman.

Drogba did scare the opposition though. Maybe he worded it incorrectly, and I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt considering his clarification.

As for our support, no they don't deserve criticism and especially not from you. You keep telling me about this club though, considering you were about 10 when Roman bought it. Regale me with stories of the Bridge under Ken Bates. Paint me a picture of what it was like. :wank2::wank2:

Has the club made mistakes? Absolutely. Which club hasn't? But they're trying to rectify them now and I'll give them credit for the steps they're taking.

As for our supporters though, they've been put through the ringer over the last six months yet they were in Prague on Thursday, and they were in Newcastle last weekend and they were at the game yesterday, supporting this club and giving love to the players. Yes there are rumblings of discontent but that's not very surprising now is it? But they'll still be there, because that's what they do and if they're nervous and quiet for a bit then who gives a fuck? :wank2::wank2::wank2:

Drogba did scare the opposition though. Maybe he worded it incorrectly, and I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt considering his clarification.

As for our support, no they don't deserve criticism and especially not from you. You keep telling me about this club though, considering you were about 10 when Roman bought it. Regale me with stories of the Bridge under Ken Bates. Paint me a picture of what it was like. :wank2::wank2:

Has the club made mistakes? Absolutely. Which club hasn't? But they're trying to rectify them now and I'll give them credit for the steps they're taking.

As for our supporters though, they've been put through the ringer over the last six months yet they were in Prague on Thursday, and they were in Newcastle last weekend and they were at the game yesterday, supporting this club and giving love to the players. Yes there are rumblings of discontent but that's not very surprising now is it? But they'll still be there, because that's what they do and if they're nervous and quiet for a bit then who gives a fuck? :wank2::wank2::wank2:

Fuck reading that :D

Wow, this thread has taken a turn.

To clarify, i was not implying that soveticus was being racist, but simply stating it is their characteristics that make the defenders scared. Yes, as Zolayes pointed out, african players have a tendancy to produce those characteristics which would be scary to defenders, however it is their characteristics rather than skin colour. But anyway, surely we can all move on.

Lukaku and Ba together would be something that would be able to match any partnership combo with strength and pace.

@, stop being so touchy. Racist this racist that. I know it's popular to stir controversy with racial matters but just chill out ffs. In the Torres thread I used phrases like "white pansies" and "white trash", why didn't you attack me there? Because I was making fun of my own race? Actually I was making the exact same point, that we need more black players. Nobody said a word instead I got a load of likes. Had I used the word "black" instead of "white", I would have been banned by now probably.

@, stop being so touchy. Racist this racist that. I know it's popular to stir controversy with racial matters but just chill out ffs. In the Torres thread I used phrases like "white pansies" and "white trash", why didn't you attack me there? Because I was making fun of my own race? Actually I was making the exact same point, that we need more black players. Nobody said a word instead I got a load of likes. Had I used the word "black" instead of "white", I would have been banned by now probably.

I simply implied that to say we need more black players in order to scare the opposition was disrespectful. End of

I simply implied that to say we need more black players in order to scare the opposition was disrespectful. End of

Ah, yeah, I see how that can come off as racist :lol: Think he meant it in a jokingly positive way though.

Anyway, let's put this matter to bed.

I will give my 2 cents...I know what the guy meant and I partially agree with it, but it did sound racist. However, it seems pretty clear he wanst being racist, so I think there is no need to make a fuss about it.

What I do want is to loan Lukaku for one more season. I believe he wont receive so many chances (whether by Torres staying or buying a new striker), so I dont want Romelu playing some random cup games. The dude is good and still very, very young. One more season with West Brom (or another mid-table EPL team) would only benefit him, not counting the fact he will return with a bigger reputation to back him up!

Interesting interview with his former coach in Belgian media:

Ariel Jacobs (currently coaching FC Copenhagen) was the guy who gave Lukaku a chance in Anderlecht's first team at the age 16!

Romelu had a really good contact with his coach... he was often seen as his 2nd father (the two even participated in one of Belgium's most popular television quizzes together).

The two still have weekly contact. This is what the interview says:

You brought Romelu in Anderlechts first team at age 16. After a slow start at chelsea, he seems to be off for a great season at West Brom. Did you expect this?

"Romelu had me involved in his choice for Chelsea, I can imagine how difficult it must have been at the age of eighteen to make a choice like that. For me it was even

difficult to assess the situation. So the only advice I could give him was that it was possible best for him, not to give any advice. Romelu had one big problem... Chelsea is the club of his heart. So he actually had only one final destination in his mind.... eventhough he knew very well it would be very difficult to get some playing time in the 1st team. His heart has
made it on his speech.”

"He did well to choose a league table, where he can play and develop. It will have been difficult for him to, although temporarily, say goodbye to Chelsea. Two weeks
ago he told me, we are sending messages frequently, that he hoped that Chelsea would loan him out another year at West Brom. He notices himself how good this is for his development. It is also very important that he has a very good contact with the West Brom coach."

He also had a good contact with Di Matteo when he trained him in the reserves of Chelsea. When Di Matteo took over the 1st team, Lukaku was hoping for more opportunities, but that did not happen.

"To be fair, I must admit that I had warned him for this. Lukaku knew that Villas-Boas had the short term strategy, so he knew he shouldn’t get his hopes too high to
get playing time. He did told me he had a great connection with Di Matteo. I warned him that it is a completely different story to work with the players as an assistant than as a head coach. A coach should give priority to results, an assistant should give priority to the developpement of younger players at the reserves. Of course an assistant encourages the players a lot more that the head coach. But as soon as he becomes the head coach, he needs to make a lot more decisions for a lot more players. It turned out to be so. "

Have you already discovered a new Lukaku in Copenhagen?

"I have a player under my care who, like Lukaku in his time, was not a part of the squad in the beginning of the season. It is Andreas Cornelius. I've seen him play during one of the first exhibition games. The technical director told me that it was one of three young players who could occasionally agree train with the first team. I liked him immediately and I gave him a chance. Now he is the top scorer in the Super League. "