Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

This thread is cracking me up. What's crazy is that Lukaku hasn't started many games. He's been mostly used as a 60-75 minute sub for WBA. While Chelsea could use him as a super sub next year it would be short sighted. He needs another year in order to get many more 90 games under his belt to develop his stamina and get used to playing 30+ 90 minute matches. Another year at WBA in an expanded role would be excellent as Clarke has been very good at bringing him along slowly.

Ok - so if he goes back to WBA next year and is again used as a 65 minute sub - why would that be different to us using him in EXACTLY the same way?

There's no way that Steve Clarke is going to build a team around a 'Loan' striker... Or any other Premier team... because like Benitez they are 'interim' players...

So, the best option is for him to come back, take it like a man, and get playing time with the club that is going to be his future

The other day I saw Lukaku against Liverpool. I saw how good this kid could be when the game becomes more open.

He is ready to play for Chelsea next year. Give him 60 or so minutes in every other game & he will be happy.

Of course something must be done with Ferda. Otherwise, he does not want sit on the bench & play 5-10 minutes occasionally.

I would not mind a strikeforce of lukaku,ba and somebody like iago aspas(Who can also play on wings and N0#10).I just want us to sign top quality midfielders right now,Capoue/witsel and modric/moutinho would do.But we have to ditch goldilocks that's a must.

I thought he lost some weight. Well, some other sites say he weighs 94 kg, I think that's more accurate.

If we get rid of torres, then i would love to see ba, lukaku and a 3rd cheap choice striker who perhaps can play a number of different roles for quad depth purposes.

Demba ba is one of the best strikers in the premier league but atm is suffering because of the fact we still have torres. Undisputed no 1 would be extremely good for us, also lukaku could then be the number 2 and get lots of minutes of the bench and what i would like to see at some point is us having 2 up top. Demba ba is used to it as he played that way last season for newcastle with cisse and lukaku does it when he plays with shane long, so both are experienced in playing 2 up front.

Just think of the pace and power we would have with a strike partnership of demba ba and Lukaku.

We could have a bit of a return of the power team we used to have that dominated aerially. And with the likes Mata/Hazard/oscar etc in behind that would be a pretty good team.

If we get rid of torres, then i would love to see ba, lukaku and a 3rd cheap choice striker who perhaps can play a number of different roles for quad depth purposes.

Demba ba is one of the best strikers in the premier league but atm is suffering because of the fact we still have torres. Undisputed no 1 would be extremely good for us, also lukaku could then be the number 2 and get lots of minutes of the bench and what i would like to see at some point is us having 2 up top. Demba ba is used to it as he played that way last season for newcastle with cisse and lukaku does it when he plays with shane long, so both are experienced in playing 2 up front.

Just think of the pace and power we would have with a strike partnership of demba ba and Lukaku.

We could have a bit of a return of the power team we used to have that dominated aerially. And with the likes Mata/Hazard/oscar etc in behind that would be a pretty good team.

Yeah, each day I'm leaning more towards the option of not buying a top class CF in the summer and instead invest massively in the midfield where we are clearly lacking and as for the strikers get Lukaku back and use both him and Ba regularly next season. Then get some cheapish 3rd choice striker who won't complain if he has to sit on the bench, maybe some older guy who can still be relied upon when needed but who's already played his fair share of first team football at some smaller club and would now be happy to be a backup at a top team and enjoy a nice last paycheck. Or alternatively some top class player who would primarily play as a winger / attacking midfielder but could also play as a striker if the others were unavailable, for example Jovetic whom I've wanted at Chelsea for years now.

No need for Lukaku to spend another season on loan at WBA if we could offer him the same playing time and would get a good return of 10-15 league goals from him even with him as the number two striker behind Ba. If he stayed there and got handed a definite spot in the starting lineup, it would be good if he stayed there for another season but I can't see them building their team around a loan striker. If Lukaku stays on loan, we simply have to enter the market for a striker because Torres is done but I'm afraid of what it would mean for Lukaku's chances of ever making it if the new guy was again another record buy like Falcao. We have a gem on our hands here in Lukaku and the situation needs to be handled properly.

Yeah, each day I'm leaning more towards the option of not buying a top class CF in the summer and instead invest massively in the midfield where we are clearly lacking and as for the strikers get Lukaku back and use both him and Ba regularly next season. Then get some cheapish 3rd choice striker who won't complain if he has to sit on the bench, maybe some older guy who can still be relied upon when needed but who's already played his fair share of first team football at some smaller club and would now be happy to be a backup at a top team and enjoy a nice last paycheck. Or alternatively some top class player who would primarily play as a winger / attacking midfielder but could also play as a striker if the others were unavailable, for example Jovetic whom I've wanted at Chelsea for years now.

No need for Lukaku to spend another season on loan at WBA if we could offer him the same playing time and would get a good return of 10-15 league goals from him even with him as the number two striker behind Ba. If he stayed there and got handed a definite spot in the starting lineup, it would be good if he stayed there for another season but I can't see them building their team around a loan striker. If Lukaku stays on loan, we simply have to enter the market for a striker because Torres is done but I'm afraid of what it would mean for Lukaku's chances of ever making it if the new guy was again another record buy like Falcao. We have a gem on our hands here in Lukaku and the situation needs to be handled properly.

Exactly the thoughts i have been having recently. Buying someone like falcao would be great on the outset, but then Ba would be number 2 and Lukaku would get virtually no game time. Also if for some crazy reason we don't get rid of torres in the summer, then i wan't lukaku to stay on loan... Because having to be third choice behind torres would probably just be the end of things. So i have always loved the prospect of seeing someone like falcao in a chelsea shirt but the more i think about it the more i would love to see a Ba and Lukaku strike partnership. And that is something that could thrive under a manager like mourinho who we know likes a 4-3-3 and we could easily interchange between the 2. It would also mean we would have Quick and Powerful strikers which would differ us from a lot of our rivals.

I agree with you mate (Ba and Lukaku no. 1 and 2) but how would we off-load Torres if he wasn't part of a swap deal with someone like Falcao. I can't see us selling him the conventional way because he wouldn't get that much return. We might be stuck with him :(