Alvaro Pereira

Wilson

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If AVB wants him then there has to be a plan. I think I'm one of the very few people that is starting to think Ashley Cole is on the way down. He seems to have lost 2 yards of pace, can't cross and is very weak physically. Who says Pereira has to play LW? Considering Ashley's current form Pereira could be first choice LB.

I'm with you. The midfield and Torres have taken up all the oxygen that Cole's performances this season have gone unnoticed. Not by AVB I bet. I thought WBA was a bad game for Cole and it wasn't much better against Norwich. Maybe the high defensive line has a lot to do with it. But since AVB is insistent on using it, it would make sense to get some insurance just in case Cole gets benched. Cole was a solid performer last season but if he's slowing down defensively, it only compounds his limitations--can't cross or pass or shoot...well you can see why he may not be untouchable.

Cole was a solid performer last season but if he's slowing down defensively, it only compounds his limitations--can't cross or pass or shoot...well you can see why he may not be untouchable.

In fact I personally thought he wasn't too good last season either.

Guest justin_3d

Interesting you guys mention Cole.

Cause when he was on fire, or RB was not as explosive.

Now that Bosingwa seems to be getting back in form, A. Cole seems to have lost some.

Perreira LB and Bosingwa RB might not be bad now that i look at this conundrum.

Moutinho, Marin, Martin, Ninis, Albrighton.

Moutinho- you dont need him if we're signing Modric. If not, so i agree.

Albrighton- cant get the hype over him.. but alright.

Marin, Martin, Ninis- i dont know them very well. They are all youngsters, i dont think thats what we need, we have Sturrigde and

we want him to be a reguler starter as an RW, we have Josh and we want him to play more, i dont think more youngsters are

needed as squad players right now.

Again, i dont know them much, but i dont think they are such a "must buy" instead of Perrira.

Thanks God you aren't the Chelsea manager.

But they all have shared the same view so far. It was the case with Bruma, Mancienne etc. Many fans declared them "ready" and if they played they didn't do that well. Face it, not everyone is talented or good enough to be a world class player. Coaches monitor them day in day out and there has to be a reason they're not playing regularly. Bertrand's age (22) could assume he should be ready. That's why there's transfer market. There's difference being supportive and encouraging to your youth players but presuming everyone will one day become a world class player is just delusional. Manchester United bought Jones and Smalling (Blackburn & Fulham respectively) although I'm sure they would have had chances to bring through defenders from their youth system. They saw that they're wasting time and brought in those two and they've been brilliant so far. Not everyone will cut it these days. Just as we did with David Luiz. There is and always will be difference between a player and a player...

Thanks God you aren't the Chelsea manager.

AVB has, so far, shown himself as a manager who trusts his youth.. now if even he wont give some playing time to pva etc then it's time for a reality check bcs you can't be totally sane and think that you are more knowledgeable than the past few gaffers we've had.. if they are good.. they will get a game.. if not then HSV seems to be the destination :D

On topic: Perreira seems a quality player and im trusting AVB on this..also different reports describe him as a player who always gives his everything on the field..

AVB has, so far, shown himself as a manager who trusts his youth.. now if even he wont give some playing time to pva etc then it's time for a reality check bcs you can't be totally sane and think that you are more knowledgeable than the past few gaffers we've had.. if they are good.. they will get a game.. if not then HSV seems to be the destination :D

On topic: Perreira seems a quality player and im trusting AVB on this..also different reports describe him as a player who always gives his everything on the field..

Thats good enough for me.

But they all have shared the same view so far. It was the case with Bruma, Mancienne etc. Many fans declared them "ready" and if they played they didn't do that well. Face it, not everyone is talented or good enough to be a world class player. Coaches monitor them day in day out and there has to be a reason they're not playing regularly. Bertrand's age (22) could assume he should be ready. That's why there's transfer market. There's difference being supportive and encouraging to your youth players but presuming everyone will one day become a world class player is just delusional. Manchester United bought Jones and Smalling (Blackburn & Fulham respectively) although I'm sure they would have had chances to bring through defenders from their youth system. They saw that they're wasting time and brought in those two and they've been brilliant so far. Not everyone will cut it these days. Just as we did with David Luiz. There is and always will be difference between a player and a player...

your right not everyone will cut it, sad but that is the truth. But no one at Chelsea makes it.

I wonder why we even have academy, waste of money imo. although i love watching the reserves more then the senior squad.

your right not everyone will cut it, sad but that is the truth. But no one at Chelsea makes it.

I wonder why we even have academy, waste of money imo. although i love watching the reserves more then the senior squad.

I agree and that's a whole another problem. Primarily the reason why Arnesen left for HSV. We can hope it's going to improve but at the moment times require to improve season after season, look at any club and you'll see they bring in talent. There are exceptions but its rare.

I agree and that's a whole another problem. Primarily the reason why Arnesen left for HSV. We can hope it's going to improve but at the moment times require to improve season after season, look at any club and you'll see they bring in talent. There are exceptions but its rare.

They waren't good enough card is being over used. The difference between our youngsters and ManU's and Arsenals is that they make them feel like they belong at that level. While we tell our youngsters that they belong at Hamburg, Vitesse or Championship sides.

I would be happy with Pereira. All of the top clubs have a couple of 'utility' players in their squad who have the versatility to play a number of positions and perform a number of roles. I do agree though that he is good enough to become a permanent fixture in the side.

I agree with the Ashley Cole comments and have also noticed not just a lost yard of pace but he has also seemed far more reluctant so far to venture forward. I read the other day that he's a heavy smoker...maybe something to do with it?!

However I must say despite Bosingwa's goal against Norwich and assist against WBA, he is still too defensively naive for me. Alex took the flak against WBA but in my opinion Bosingwa was hardly any better.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You