Alvaro Pereira

Wilson

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you just get easily pleased with a good player coming at a ridiculously high price, the money for which could have been put to much, much better use.

Okay well you bitch and moan and I'll trust AVB that he knows what he's doing with this. To be fair the only way we'll know if it's a good sign or overpriced is after we've signed him and he plays, so I'll judge him then but you go ahead and judge it now.

Okay well you bitch and moan and I'll trust AVB that he knows what he's doing with this. To be fair the only way we'll know if it's a good sign or overpriced is after we've signed him and he plays, so I'll judge him then but you go ahead and judge it now.

I'd rather let him and AvB prove themselves before I blindly endorse everything they do :rolleyes:

I'd rather let him and AvB prove themselves before I blindly endorse everything they do :rolleyes:

Well then reserve judgement until then like I am, instead of people saying it's a stupid signing etc etc.

Also I've seen on some saying its 22 million euros not 30 million.

Well then reserve judgement until then like I am, instead of people saying it's a stupid signing etc etc.

I called him a good player which you ignored. My only contention is that 30 or 22 or whatever price is, it can be used in more pressing areas. How a LWB cum makeshift LW falls into that category I don't understand, especially since we have Mata and are keeping Malouda.

I called him a good player which you ignored. My only contention is that 30 or 22 or whatever price is, it can be used in more pressing areas. How a LWB cum makeshift LW falls into that category I don't understand, especially since we have Mata and are keeping Malouda.

Fair enough! I think if we do sign him we'll play Mata in CM as our creative force, or even not play with a DM and play with Lampard Ramires with him behind striker and then Perreria Sturridge.

Guest justin_3d

I was thinking Mata might play behind the striker. This being Torres.

That's if we can't get Modric.

Then Alvaro can play on the left wing.

Malouda to the bench as a super sub.

AVB knows A LOT more about him and football than all of us put together. He wouldn't buy a player just to experiment, he has certain vision and we have to accept it and support Villas Boas.

If Cole, let's say, is injured? Who would we play? And don't give me that Van Aanholt and Bertrand answer, we know they're not good nor ready enough. If they fail, they'd be slaughtered by fans no matter what fans might say at the moment. Perreira is an utility player, great corsses, 25 years old - about to hit footballers best age. He wants to come here, ambitious, point to prove. Money isn't an issue for Chelsea right now, where's the problem?

And that excuse of "there are tons of better options out there", this is not Football Manager. Get real, people have preferances.. face it, not everyone wants to come to Chelsea or England for that matter. Someone brought up Cazorla - he didn't want to leave Spain thus joined Malaga. They aren't just TV figures, they're real people with their own ambitions and preferences. Swapping club isn't just a matter of putting on a new shirt. It's moving, re-organising their lives, possibly moving families over, finding schools for kids, place to live, transport, getting used to surroundings and at the same time play at the highest level or again... get slaughtered by the fans.

I think he'd be a perfect fit and would shine for us.

Guest justin_3d

AVB knows A LOT more about him and football than all of us put together. He wouldn't buy a player just to experiment, he has certain vision and we have to accept it and support Villas Boas.

If Cole, let's say, is injured? Who would we play? And don't give me that Van Aanholt and Bertrand answer, we know they're not good nor ready enough. If they fail, they'd be slaughtered by fans no matter what fans might say at the moment. Perreira is an utility player, great corsses, 25 years old - about to hit footballers best age. He wants to come here, ambitious, point to prove. Money isn't an issue for Chelsea right now, where's the problem?

And that excuse of "there are tons of better options out there", this is not Football Manager. Get real, people have preferances.. face it, not everyone wants to come to Chelsea or England for that matter. Someone brought up Cazorla - he didn't want to leave Spain thus joined Malaga. They aren't just TV figures, they're real people with their own ambitions and preferences. Swapping club isn't just a matter of putting on a new shirt. It's moving, re-organising their lives, possibly moving families over, finding schools for kids, place to live, transport, getting used to surroundings and at the same time play at the highest level or again... get slaughtered by the fans.

I think he'd be a perfect fit and would shine for us.

I remember a lot of here where saying, "let the manager buy his own player"

Now that he is trying to buy one he wants, it's all chaos.

I don't care who he signs, as long as he signs! Cause my concern was that he thought this squad was good enough to not spend. But the past few days has shown me that he realizes that the squad needed some new faces.

I remember a lot of here where saying, "let the manager buy his own player"

Now that he is trying to buy one he wants, it's all chaos.

I don't care who he signs, as long as he signs! Cause my concern was that he thought this squad was good enough to not spend. But the past few days has shown me that he realizes that the squad needed some new faces.

Exactly! Good points there justin

I want names.

Hazard good enough for you?

Save the 30 million from Perreira, spend it on Hazard. Play something like this :

-------------Torres-------------

---Mata-----------------Hazard---

-------------Lampard-----------

-------Mikel-------Ramires------

Much more balanced.

Guest justin_3d

Save the 30 million from Perreira, spend it on Hazard. Play something like this :

Much more balanced.

Where does Sturridge fit that picture?

And you do realize that Lille don't want to sell Hazard?

They are in the CL, and he will also want to play with his team.

Much more balanced.

Would rather see Sturridge play right wing, and Hazard has said he's not leaving and Lille have said he's not going.

Much more balanced.

Hazard wont leave Lile this summer. Its been said by him and by he's club like 300 times. He dont want to leave.

Okay, Hazard...and?

If AVB wants him then there has to be a plan. I think I'm one of the very few people that is starting to think Ashley Cole is on the way down. He seems to have lost 2 yards of pace, can't cross and is very weak physically. Who says Pereira has to play LW? Considering Ashley's current form Pereira could be first choice LB.

If AVB wants him then there has to be a plan. I think I'm one of the very few people that is starting to think Ashley Cole is on the way down. He seems to have lost 2 yards of pace, can't cross and is very weak physically. Who says Pereira has to play LW? Considering Ashley's current form Pereira could be first choice LB.

I agree, Cole is on his way down. He's not finished yet though, which a credit to him. He played almost every game last season, I'm sure that's going to take a toll on him soon, so you could be right. But I'd like to see Bertrand/PVA (whoever's still here) come in now and then to play as LB with Perreira supporting them in MF.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You