Alvaro Pereira

Wilson

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea why we need him atm. He definitely isnt gonna replace AC at LB and neither is he technically so good as to play on LW. If he is bought to be a squad player, why pay so much ?!?! Get a true winger I say.. cough... hazard.. cough..

I hope that we don't get him - £25 million +? Surely AVB can see that a RW is needed more that a LB? Ryan Bertrand will be fine as our back up LB and we need to move Kalou and Ferreira on. De Bruyne, Johnson or Marin please...

No idea why we need him atm. He definitely isnt gonna replace AC at LB and neither is he technically so good as to play on LW. If he is bought to be a squad player, why pay so much ?!?! Get a true winger I say.. cough... hazard.. cough..

And Hazard is worth 35m?

No fear is right. 20 years old, true winger, very talented and promising, the youngest player to win UNFP Ligue 1 player of the year. One of the biggest talents in today's football. I'd say yes.

A player that costs 35m should imo walk into our first 11 and start performing. Hazard is interesting, but he is not 35m player.

Out of the Porto lot, I would want (and think we could really use) Moutinho or Hulk. The former is still a remote possibility. The latter is a dream due to his absurd release clause. But back on topic. If we can get Perreira for very close to our first bid, I'll be ok with it. I think it is a bit much for a player that doesn't really fit our pressing needs. However, I trust there is a good reason that AVB deems him a must-have. I don't know what that good reason is, but I have a lot of faith in our ginger-bearded Portuguese.

Porto president Jorge Nuno Pinto da Costa is adamant that Chelsea target Alvaro Pereira will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is met. Chelsea have seen a £15million bid for Pereira turned down, with the Uruguayan's release clause standing at €30m (£26.5m)

Does he play on the right?

If so, then i guess the days of Ivan on the right is no more. But with Bosingwa back in from, i don't think we need another fullback :(

Spend the money on a right winger or a creative midfeilder.

Guest justin_3d

Porto president Jorge Nuno Pinto da Costa is adamant that Chelsea target Alvaro Pereira will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is met. Chelsea have seen a £15million bid for Pereira turned down, with the Uruguayan's release clause standing at €30m (£26.5m)

Don't think Chelsea will get him no more, cause that is too much for him. Around 15m was good.

Next.

Agree with your there Justin, £15 million would have been a coup, yet in this inflated market that is merely the product of wishful thinking.

Again we've sold ourselves short (excuse the pun) by leaving these deals until the last three or four days. Thankfully we did our business involving Mata, Lukaku, Oriol and Courtois early, otherwise it would have been a very nervy August for us all.

I hope and pray the deal falls flat and remains unsuccessful till eternity. AVB should focus his attention on De Bruyne and Moutinho instead. We don't have a lot of time left.

Totally agree with you there, Moutinho would be a much better and easier signing than Modric! I also believe that signing Pereira would put Ashley Cole under huge threat, and I wouldn't like that at all, because he's still the best left back in the Premier League at almost 31 years of age!

I however, only believe in a deal, if it meant Pereira played on the left wing, and Mata would play a more creative role, but I don't see that happening somehow!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You