Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

At least Courtois is willing to duke it out with one of the best in the world for that number 1 spot, unlike a certain someone.

He doesn't, he said he will leave if he wasn't made no1. We had no choice because he is one of the best GK in the world already

He doesn't, he said he will leave if he wasn't made no1. We had no choice because he is one of the best GK in the world already

He isn't the undisputed number 1 here at all, that's the truth. If he's out of form he'll easily be replaced by Cech, simple.

At least Courtois is willing to duke it out with one of the best in the world for that number 1 spot, unlike a certain someone.

That has a question mark over it. There have been signals from his camp before that he will only return as a no.1. I personally feel that he has the nod over Cech and will start here as no.1 as part of the agreement for him to stay. Just has not been made clear. His father even said "with the level Thibaut is at now, there is no way he will go to a club and be second choice." That there was a sign of saying part of the requirements of him returning is for him to be no.1. If Cech starts of the season and Courtois can't displace him (which I doubt is going to happen anyway because I reckon Courtois is our no.1) I am pretty sure Courtois would want to leave.

Courtois also said in May: "If I move somewhere, I will play. At my age, the most important thing for me, and what I want to do, is to play." He did not give any indication whatsoever that he was prepared to fight for his place. But like I was saying I reckon he knows he will be the no.1 initially.

That has a question mark over it. There have been signals from his camp before that he will only return as a no.1. I personally feel that he has the nod over Cech and will start here as no.1 as part of the agreement for him to stay. Just has not been made clear. His father even said "with the level Thibaut is at now, there is no way he will go to a club and be second choice." That there was a sign of saying part of the requirements of him returning is for him to be no.1. If Cech starts of the season and Courtois can't displace him (which I doubt is going to happen anyway because I reckon Courtois is our no.1) I am pretty sure Courtois would want to leave.

Courtois also said in May: "If I move somewhere, I will play. At my age, the most important thing for me, and what I want to do, is to play." He did not give any indication whatsoever that he was prepared to fight for his place. But like I was saying I reckon he knows he will be the no.1 initially.

He certainly has the right to question whether he's number 1 - he's one of the best in the world in his position and has already won titles like the Europe League, La Liga, Copa Del Rey, all where he played a pivotal role in. He sort of has a right to at least get some assurance that he'll get minutes at GK - which is also a completely different position to any outfield players as it's difficult to share minutes. Romelu's case was completely different since he is an outfield player and hasn't achieved anything near as much as Courtois has done and isn't even one of the best in the world, and as I've said before, that's completely delusional.

He certainly has the right to question whether he's number 1 - he's one of the best in the world in his position and has already won titles like the Europe League, La Liga, Copa Del Rey, all where he played a pivotal role in. He sort of has a right to at least get some assurance that he'll get minutes at GK - which is also a completely different position to any outfield players as it's difficult to share minutes. Romelu's case was completely different since he is an outfield player and hasn't achieved anything near as much as Courtois has done and isn't even one of the best in the world, and as I've said before, that's completely delusional.

Yeah, I see your point but my point was that I think Courtois has the same stance as Lukaku at all. He wants to be guaranteed no.1 here and he has made that clear. He commented that he respected Petr but he never gave any indication that he is willing to fight for his place with him. It is like he wants he shirt guaranteed to him as well. He has the right to state why he feels he should be no.1 though but his attitude sounds similar to Lukaku in that he wants a guaranteed spot. My only point I was making.

And what mistake did we make with Lukaku exactly? Buying Costa and not handing him over the first striker position, like he demanded?

The difference is that Courtois is Champion of the Spanish league and CL semi-finalist. He has proven himself at the very top level, Lukaku never did.

CL finalist..