Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

It was logical that Courtois had to be back,’ Mourinho stressed. ‘It would be nonsense to have such a fantastic young goalkeeper and not to have him back. That decision was an easy one.

'If I have to make a decision for Cech to be on the bench, or for Courtois to be on the bench, it's no problem for me. I will do what I think is the best.

Him being non-committal on the GK issue is the right way to go about it in public but do you think the two players themselves have been told what to expect? I get the impression we'll start off with Courtois and Pete will have to wait for mistakes.

I get the impression we'll start off with Courtois and Pete will have to wait for mistakes.

No matter who'll come out on top, it's gonna be a shame for the other. Cech cause he's a Blue legend still at the top of his game (imo) and Courtois because he's simply too damn good to put on the bench. Maybe they can share halves every match? :)

Given no 13 according to DM

There was even an appearance from Victor Moses, who looks set for an exit from Stamford Bridge after Chelsea's incoming goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois was given his No 13 squad number.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2716907/Andre-Schurrle-Co-action-Chelsea-squad-Jose-Mourinho-puts-Blues-players-paces.html

I want Courtois as our no.1 as I believe he is as good as Cech if not better and is the future of the club, however one of the other factors why i want him as no.1 is that it will show that there is actually some evidence where our loan system has worked with us loaning him out and him, successfully becoming integrated into the first team rather than selling every single player we loan out.

Sturridge can somewhat be considered as someone it worked with because we loaned him out to Bolton, then the next season he earned his place in our team and scored but ultimately we made a horrendous mistake in selling him so I hope with Courtois that if he becomes no.1 here he is the keeper for the forseaable future and then yes guys, we actually have proof that one of the players in our team proved the loan system is not all about selling them for profit :yay:

What type of injury does he have? hopefully he can play on Tuesday. Don't think he'll start the season after just 1 half of preseason.

And if he doesn't start the season, surely it'll be more complicated to just drop Cech randomly.