Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

At least Courtois is willing to duke it out with one of the best in the world for that number 1 spot, unlike a certain someone.

True. He clearly is a brighter/more chill person... Or, does his PR better... ;-)

(And obviously proven much more vs. Lukaku)

Wouldn't be grieving -let alone blaming Rom- since CFC made +/- 20M on a teenager playing 10 games for them... Since everyone's clearly happy in the end. :-)

I always liked Thibaut a lot and was very optimistic when we signed him. He has shown us how is a youngster supposed to break into our team. Our handling of his loan was great too. I'm actually still surprised at how well his loan at Madrid actually worked.

Great to have him back!

I always liked Thibaut a lot and was very optimistic when we signed him. He has shown us how is a youngster supposed to break into our team. Our handling of his loan was great too. I'm actually still surprised at how well his loan at Madrid actually worked.

Great to have him back!

How was he as an 18 year old? Were many teams after him?

Well funny story. At 16 he was like 6th goalie at Genk. But due to transfers, injuries he made his debut in 2009 at 16 the first team of Genk then and did great. Then they bought a new goalie (Koteles) but he regained his place cause goalie number 1 couldnt play due to restrictions and number 2 was injuries. So his number 2 game at 17 was a european game (iInter Turku). He stayed since that day and Manu, Tottenham, Schalke amng others came, but he chose Chelsea.

The rest is history.

Wow. That's insane, he knows how to seize an opportunity when given the chance. Can't wait for him to play for us :D

Well funny story. At 16 he was like 6th goalie at Genk. But due to transfers, injuries he made his debut in 2009 at 16 the first team of Genk then and did great. Then they bought a new goalie (Koteles) but he regained his place cause goalie number 1 couldnt play due to restrictions and number 2 was injuries. So his number 2 game at 17 was a european game (iInter Turku). He stayed since that day and Manu, Tottenham, Schalke amng others came, but he chose Chelsea.

The rest is history.

and I think the most defining factor in his loan move to Athletico is that, actually before we landed Courtois, Atletico were the front runners for his signature. But you know the way it is. Whenever chelsea shows an interest in a player, his mind goes AWOL. Chelsea vs Atheltico, I know who I will choose. (no disrespect to Athletico)

and I think the most defining factor in his loan move to Athletico is that, actually before we landed Courtois, Atletico were the front runners for his signature. But you know the way it is. Whenever chelsea shows an interest in a player, his mind goes AWOL. Chelsea vs Atheltico, I know who I will choose. (no disrespect to Athletico)

whats an atheltico :Goober: