Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Lol why you find the need to insult me I do not understand. I made an observation based on seeing you constantly defend our Belgian players. You are a hypocrite for calling someone a fan boy. Simples.

I'm Belgian and a Chelsea fan, can't tell you how happy I am having some countrymen in this club. Ofcourse I'm active in their threads, and I AM gonna defend them when people write down stuff I don't agree on. It's a forum afterall.

Does that make me a fanboy? Dunno, I don't think there would be any difference when say a couple of Englishmen played for Real Madrid and you were active on their forum.

Amazing player, so glad we FINALLY see him play for Chelsea and not lose him too early like KDB, Rom and many more. Though I could imagine he should put on some brawn and train explosive strength. In Germany keeper always get trained on these 2. When a goalie is physically imposing and not only tall but big and strong they don't just have advantages in the air. You have seen it with Neuer at the WC, players were too afraid to take him on, just because of the respect his appearance imposes. They would not go up to the header and risk a collision with him because they were just too small. Also his explosiveness made him great coming off his line and in the 1vs1. Courtois said himself, in the prem, the refs do not protect the goalies as much as they should.

Yea, I joined this board a year early just in case

I dont mean to be rude or racist since most people on here are not English and I currently live in a foreign land myself but born and raised in London.. but you're really not in a position to call someone a "fanboy" when you're a Belgian supporting Chelsea. shouldn't you be supporting Anderlecht or something?

I'm a season ticket holder at Anderlecht. What's your point? It's not like the Belgian league is top tier, pretty much all football fans from countries with inferior leagues support a foreign team, it's not such a hard concept to grasp

It really isn't a problem for a foreign to support a team outside his country. but it's ironic when some bloke from Belgium starts calling a Chelsea fan from London a "fanboy"

It really isn't a problem for a foreign to support a team outside his country. but it's ironic when some bloke from Belgium starts calling a Chelsea fan from London a "fanboy"

You don't have to be a foreigner to be biased toward a player a.k.a being a fanboy. People born in London can have favorite players too no ?

edit: Sorry jason didn't see your post. Won't post anymore about this.

Lol irony was the reason I quoted you in the first place, anyway nevermind

does this discussion ever get old around here?

Normally people celebrate the fact that their club spread the barriers of their country and conquered fans everywhere in the globe.

Only here I see it being a sin and making fans less fans because they're foreigners. I don't know, I just don't get the rational behind it.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with "foreigners" supporting other teams OR liking players from their countries in the teams they support. it's only a problem when a "foreigner" comes here and starts calling random people fan boys because they don't agree with his opinion. like the fella I was arguing with did. he also insulted some dude a couple of posts back, so he's really not helping his cause here. anyways back on topic..