Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Former coach Guy Martens chooses Thibaut.

Petr Cech is willing to fight for his place and Martens understands: "If you have two Messi's you don't put one on the bench do you? Chelsea needs two top keepers but they have two from the top5 in the world. I don't think it was a disadvantage that Thibaut still was on vacation untill today. Mourinho wont make decision today or tmmorow i guess."

"It would stop his development if he is going on the bench from this year. But i expect he will play, Coutois proved he's a world class keeper and he's also strong in big games. Chelsea is settled for many years to come with Courtois. But who am i to judge on Mourinho's decision, he's a worldclass manager."

News in Belgium that Courtois didn't get a squad number, together with some other players that are on their way out of Chelsea (Lukaku, Moses, Romeu,...)?

Romeu extended conract and wont leave while he will most probably wear #6 like he did in past.

Courtois will get #13 IMO.

Ring ring

T: Yeah?

C: Thibaut what number would you like?

T: Ehmm, Nr1 or Nr13

C: Ok, will do

T: Ok, see you at training

How hard can it be?

Getting a little worried, hopefully for nothing..

Does his training start tommorow? Can't wait to see him finally in Chelsea gear..

Ring ring

T: Yeah?

C: Thibaut what number would you like?

T: Ehmm, Nr1 or Nr13

C: Ok, will do

T: Ok, see you at training

How hard can it be?

Getting a little worried, hopefully for nothing..

Does his training start tommorow? Can't wait to see him finally in Chelsea gear..

There's a game tomorrow so he'll probably just be on the bench like Drogba was.

The Daily Star, a tabloid worse than The Sun, is making a huge deal out of the fact we haven't given him a squad number yet.

Might be something to do the fact that he hasn't been asked to report for training just yet.

While he won't play today anyone think he should? Imo it is not like he is gonna have to learn lots of new tactics or anything, same principle of staying in goals and trying to make saves. Maybe learn to communicate with the defence

While he won't play today anyone think he should? Imo it is not like he is gonna have to learn lots of new tactics or anything, same principle of staying in goals and trying to make saves. Maybe learn to communicate with the defence

Not a chance mate.

Good idea sitting him next to Didier wonder why he wasn't sitting next to Eden though thought the Belgian boys would stick together. But who cares. Its great to finally see him in CFC colours just sucks I'm going to miss the game on Sunday since Jose said he expects Courtois to play for 45 minutes.

Good idea sitting him next to Didier wonder why he wasn't sitting next to Eden though thought the Belgian boys would stick together. But who cares. Its great to finally see him in CFC colours just sucks I'm going to miss the game on Sunday since Jose said he expects Courtois to play for 45 minutes.

Think it will be the Atletico guys that stick together tbh. But 3 is an awkward number when travelling on coaches, planes, etc. lol which is another reason to have brought back Tiago! Oh well