Matthew Harding Stand

Opinions and analysis on tactics, players and off the field issues.

Subforums

1. Chelsea Transfers   (6,848 visits to this link)

2. Articles

Read the latest Chelsea news and opinion from our main website.

Browse the old player transfer archives.

5,215 topics in this forum

1. Who would you change? 1 2 3 4 13

• 226 replies
    • 12.9k views
    • 0 replies
    • 3.5k views
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  2. Does Moscow 1 2

• 20 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 0 replies
  3. Butch

• 3 replies
    • 1.7k views
  4. Carlo Ancelotti 1 2 3 4

• 58 replies
    • 5.4k views
    • 0 replies
  5. Michael Essien - The Bison

• 2 replies
    • 1.6k views
  6. Any statisticians here? 1 2

• 18 replies
    • 1k views
  7. Daniel Sturridge 1 2

• 22 replies
    • 5.3k views
  8. A Good Terry Article

• 2 replies
  9. Up for the Cup!

• 0 replies
    • 40 replies
    • 2.8k views
  10. Blues Ease Past Cardiff

• 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 31 replies
    • 2.5k views
  11. Terry and Toni back together 1 2

• 34 replies
    • 2.8k views
  12. Rip Petar Borota

• 13 replies
    • 5k views
  • 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Latest Posts

• Just to clarify, I meant going out and attacking against this type of opposition as they can easily concede 2-3 quick goals.   Against solid teams, absolutely we need more control in midfield.  
    • If anyone is or still downplaying his passing, just look at his passing range yesterday and the winner was all because of his fantastic pass for James. His passing is underrated. May I must add, another solid game from him. Looking better and better.
    • Looking at the squad and I am hoping most of our players get a summer off this year. Looking at the squad, I see the following:  Petrovic - Goes to Euros Sanchez - Summer off Colwill - Surely summer off Trev - Summer off unless Southgate gets desperate with injuries.  Badi - Summer off Disaster - Summer off.  Fofana - Summer off.  Alfie - Summer off  James - Surely Summer off Chilwell - Surely Summer off Gusto - Outside chance of going with
    • I think there's space for a midfielder even if the club don't sell Connor.  Enzo Caicedo Lavia Connor and new signing. Can be the 5 mids for 2/3 places in the team. 
    • Yep. Watching him chest down that long ball and get past a couple of players yesterday 🤌 And the cross for the winner. I'm glad he's going to get a summer off where he can focus on recovery.   
    • Completely agree. He and Palmer are the only players we have that have shown genuine world class play for a period of time. For sure, some of the other players we have have shown flashes, but that is all. James is rightly the Chelsea captain and hopefully will be able to keep himself fit - or at least fitter - moving forward. 
    • We do need more control in the CM, if we just go out and attack we will end up in basketball matches every game, which would be fun but it means that a lot of games will be lost or drawn because of it. No success team in the PL has not had control in CM. Best example of a team with no real control in CM but outrageous attack was Newcastle circa 1995-97. 
    • Lukaku will move to Saudi in the Summer. He only has two years left on his contract. If he goes this year he'll still get a decent long one as he is still only 31 and has a bit of a say. He leaves it another year he runs the risk of not getting anything near. 
    • Then, we could just use him. He is still good, very good. Definetly would have a good time with Cole/Malo/Noni, 1/1 can replace or rotate with Jackson. I firmly believe Osimhen has nothing to offer what Lukaku cannot. He is 31 only, team starts to look good, perfect time for him to jump in and repay some.
    • The only question with Reece is going to be how he deals with those niggling injuries as he's built like a tank.   RLC had those ongoing issues as well, mentioning that he couldn't train half the time due to the lower back injuries, thankfully he seems to have found a bit of consistent football in Italy.  Quality wise, he's on another level.  Him & Tino (who's at Newcastle now) were on another level from the academy days, was hoping at least one of them would go on and play regularly fo
    • Forget about 70% possession, how about actually trying to attack teams like Forest, Burnley with pace, dribbling on the wide flanks.   That's how you get at these types of teams who like to score and then go compact or deep just to frustrate you.  I would have expected 70% possession if we had a Jorginho/Kovacic/Fabregas type to recycle possession but we don't as the only one remotely close to them hasn't been seen all season (*Lavia*). 
    • So we'll be stuck paying this guy's wages again next season?  
  • Player Threads

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You