Lay Off Gallas, Fumes Drogba

Didier Drogba has accused Chelsea fans of showing their former player William Gallas a lack of respect during his side's 2-1 win against Arsenal at Stamford Bridge.

Drogba, who scored twice in the second half, said: "The fans should show William Gallas a bit more respect after everything he did for the club. He won two League titles when he was a Chelsea player and he did a lot."

Chelsea claimed that Gallas had threatened to score an own goal if they did not let him leave for Arsenal in the summer of 2006 — an accusation that the France defender has always denied.

The win put Chelsea in second place and back in the hunt for a third Barclays Premier League crown.

Boss Avram Grant said: "We will do our best to win it. To play attacking football and score goals is more important than anything."

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didnt exactly show us much respect!

True helped us win.Then he came out with all that crud (though might have been made up but still) wanting to score an own goal if he didnt get out

Said he was gana/wants to play in England,France and Italy...so he goes to Arsenal and then moans about them the whole time despite the fact he's injured!Was going on how he disagrees with Wengers tatcis,that playing with kids wont work blah blah

Cant see us laying off him for any reason.Nice of you to say it Drogs..aint gana happen

Edited by Laylabelle

Its the way he left mainly, not exactly that he left even tho the choice to go to Arsenal didn't help. He acted like a child after the world cup, he was late back, he was taking the piss. When Jose gave Ballack the number 13, i knew then it was goodbye to William. Still.....When he scored against us, he didnt really celebrate, he gave a post match interview after the game which was quite nice towards us and he seems to still get on with all our players, friendly banter in the tunnel etc. Its just the way he left which is a shame. I don't really hold much of a grudge, was just one of those things. Whats done is done i suppose. He was great for us and did give his all every game.

Guest Lampards Bitch

all of you are right. I still feel like a mug as I got the people up at SB on that open day to cheer Billy as he came out when the speculation was going on. Then the fucker left. I hate him with a passion. Players come and go but it was the mannor that he did it.

The bloke's an arrogant, self-obsessed twat and he's shown that again this season with his behaviour. As good as he was for us, do any of us fancy having a player (not to mention captain) prepared to walk away from his team in a sulk rather than stand right beside them defending a penalty? Kiss our arse Gallas - you're old news.

IT takes a looooog time to gian respect but takes just a moment to lose it. What he did after the world cup, pissed the living daylites out of me. He cribbed that he wouldnt play for us, dint turn up for training, finally when Jose gave the No. 13 to Ballack, he whined and cried even more.

FUCK RIGHT OFF GALLAS!!

What a day for him, Getting booed for 90 mins, losing to his old team, and getting knocked out of the title race!!!

but hold on ppl as much as i hate gallas, what about the drog making that statement in the first place where the fuck was he when his team mate Ash was getting stick at the arses he never said anything, and what about lamps and the stick he got at wet spam kept quite there as well, but when it came to his french speaking pal he comdemns his own supporters, well fuck you drog gallas got exactly what he deserved.

so my advice to you drog is show our players some respect.

OR BETTER STILL SHUT THE FUCK UP ALTOGETHER.

regards:JBD

Drogba is just playing the ol pals act.It was Gallas's first return to SB since his acrimonious and much publicised transfer across London,so he was going to be in for a hostile reception anyway,and believe me it was hostile from where i was sitting in the MHL.But i'm sure we won't prolong the feud with Gallas for as long as West Ham have with Lampard.

all of you are right. I still feel like a mug as I got the people up at SB on that open day to cheer Billy as he came out when the speculation was going on. Then the fucker left. I hate him with a passion. Players come and go but it was the mannor that he did it.

Haha I was sitting there cross armed with a frown thinking.... :thumbsdown:

William Gallas feels he was booed by Chelsea fans on Sunday because the supporters do not know the truth behind his exit from Stamford Bridge.

The French defender left Chelsea for Arsenal in August 2006 amid claims that he had threatened to score an own goal, if his contract demands were not met by the Blues.

Gallas has rejected those accusations and insists he always gave his all during his five years with the West London club.

But, on his first return to Stamford Bridge since leaving, he was roundly jeered by Chelsea fans during Arsenal's 2-1 defeat on Grand Slam Sunday.

The Gunners captain shrugged off the criticism and believes he was only booed because the supporters are not aware of the facts behind his departure.

Respect

"I think the fans boo me because they did not know the truth about why I left Chelsea," Gallas told Sky Sports.

"Maybe I have to say the truth and maybe they will respect me.

"It's true I spent five years there and I gave the maximum. What the Chelsea club said about me, it was not true."

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba also feels that Gallas deserves respect for his achievements during his time with the club.

Drogba said: "William Gallas gave a lot to Chelsea and the minimum the fans can give him is a little bit more respect because he gave us two titles and I wish him all the best."

Skysports

Its not just because of the own goal thing that could've been made up.For me what peed me off was the England/France Italy plan and the fact he went on about how Arsenal was his home he belonged there blah blah and then moaned about them!When he was injured lol.'They should play like Chelsea blah blah' that was so wtf!

To JBD, its different appealing to opposing fans because they do it to get on our backs. Hes appealing to Chelsea fans because they are on his side and he obviously feels that if he asks something of his own fans, they'll listen. If he says to Arsenal fans, Stop Booing Ashley Cole, you really think they'll give a shit? no. Hes appealing to Chelsea fans, his own fans, its different.

imo what ashley did to arsenal fans are far worse than what gallas did to us

you are joking right :whistling:

are you sure about what Ash did and what gallas did, cole did it for money and to be in a more successfull team :eyebrows:

gallas on the other hand..............well first off he said he was fed up with jose keep playing him a left back, plus all the other crap.....and where did he end up playing for the arses, yep left back.

and where's this statement about what really happened? i thought he was busting a gut to exonerate himself but we've still heard fuck all from him, and how long has it been now?

i fucking hate him and i asked the CFC supporters to give stick (i couldn't make it) i wanted to see him cry again, he treated us supporters with utter fucking comtempt, and he and drog want us to show him respect, not from me he wont, and never will.

regards:JBD