What A Way To Treat Fans

a good friend of mine a long time Chelsea fan took his wife & kids to the olymp champs league game,they had booked a table in the restaurant in the hotel complex first floor up on the escalator.well heres the story everything was fine with meal etc,except that he was wearing his Chelsea replica kit as normal,he then told me that a nice waiter come over & said the manager had asked him to come over & asked him to cover up his shirt or put his coat on,well you can imagine his reaction,this restaurant would`nt be here without the football etc etc.my friend did tell me they were very nice to the 10 germans in suits that were tucking into there meal with there megastore bags etc.stories like this just make you realise the way football has gone lately.all about merchandising & TV deals etc.BTW he`s defo not renewing his season ticket either,the way things are going with all my long time Chelsea mates none of us will be actually attending games in the future.(WHERE WERE WE WHEN WE WERE SHIT,STOOD ON THE TERRACES)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disgusting that, if that happened to me id tell them to fuck right up and remind them where they are.

One of the reasons i dont enjoy it anymore is because of all these corparate snobs in suits walking about. Just pisses me off when they take there wifes that know nothing about football or support Chelsea.

What really does it is when you get a row of a people in suits behind you who tell you to sit down if you stand.

Disgusting that, if that happened to me id tell them to fuck right up and remind them where they are.

One of the reasons i dont enjoy it anymore is because of all these corparate snobs in suits walking about. Just pisses me off when they take there wifes that know nothing about football or support Chelsea.

What really does it is when you get a row of a people in suits behind you who tell you to sit down if you stand.

Had about 5 of those behind me at the Liverpool game.They thought that if they asked nicely we would sit down.

Well the abuse they got when they asked the guy beside me was comical,not a word from them the rest of the game

a good friend of mine a long time Chelsea fan took his wife & kids to the olymp champs league game,they had booked a table in the restaurant in the hotel complex first floor up on the escalator.well heres the story everything was fine with meal etc,except that he was wearing his Chelsea replica kit as normal,he then told me that a nice waiter come over & said the manager had asked him to come over & asked him to cover up his shirt or put his coat on,well you can imagine his reaction,this restaurant would`nt be here without the football etc etc.my friend did tell me they were very nice to the 10 germans in suits that were tucking into there meal with there megastore bags etc.stories like this just make you realise the way football has gone lately.all about merchandising & TV deals etc.BTW he`s defo not renewing his season ticket either,the way things are going with all my long time Chelsea mates none of us will be actually attending games in the future.(WHERE WERE WE WHEN WE WERE SHIT,STOOD ON THE TERRACES)

Thats fucking shocking fella. Shows that they think the megastore tat is for the idiots, the poor mugs who actually got the club to where it is.

Havent been for a while now, and wont be in the near future -not just the cash- but it has an air of a rich mans plaything at the moment, with an ugly puppet mismanaging. Still Chelsea through and through etc, but christ wasnt it more enjoyable to go when we were shit?! YES, definitely in some ways.

Thats fucking shocking fella. Shows that they think the megastore tat is for the idiots, the poor mugs who actually got the club to where it is.

Havent been for a while now, and wont be in the near future -not just the cash- but it has an air of a rich mans plaything at the moment, with an ugly puppet mismanaging. Still Chelsea through and through etc, but christ wasnt it more enjoyable to go when we were shit?! YES, definitely in some ways.

totally agree with you mate.my view on the club changed when i got banned for 3 matches the way the club treated me was beyond belief.& that murdoch ruined the game years ago.(sky money)

totally agree with you mate.my view on the club changed when i got banned for 3 matches the way the club treated me was beyond belief.& that murdoch ruined the game years ago.(sky money)

On reflection although the Premier League has brought exciting football and the best percentage of players in the World -at what price ? I now think the inception of the Premier League in 1992 was one of the worst things to happen. You now have an elite 18, and another elite 4 clubs within that.

The Premier League was formed by a few TV people and already millionaires, who realised that 100 000s of people trudged week in week out to watch their clubs and would die for them. They became aware that 'Hey theres a global market for this' They realised by taking control of the top echelons they could attract billionaires to invest and make themselves richer. Out of the millions of mainly working class that watched it they also realised theres a sizeable middle class that will easily pay £50 a time it.

The price is a sanitised , overpriced, non standing product that has alienated core fans. OK it needed some health and safety changes after Hillsboro , Bradford etc but they used that as an excuse to change it completely in pursuit of cash.

Yeah, I remember when you had that altercation with scousers and the OB contacted the club. Disgraceful how they treated pepople like yourself that had been going for years.

On reflection although the Premier League has brought exciting football and the best percentage of players in the World -at what price ? I now think the inception of the Premier League in 1992 was one of the worst things to happen. You now have an elite 18, and another elite 4 clubs within that.

The Premier League was formed by a few TV people and already millionaires, who realised that 100 000s of people trudged week in week out to watch their clubs and would die for them. They became aware that 'Hey theres a global market for this' They realised by taking control of the top echelons they could attract billionaires to invest and make themselves richer. Out of the millions of mainly working class that watched it they also realised theres a sizeable middle class that will easily pay £50 a time it.

The price is a sanitised , overpriced, non standing product that has alienated core fans. OK it needed some health and safety changes after Hillsboro , Bradford etc but they used that as an excuse to change it completely in pursuit of cash.

Yeah, I remember when you had that altercation with scousers and the OB contacted the club. Disgraceful how they treated pepople like yourself that had been going for years.

Chelsea security did`nt wanna know mate.if i had gone to court i would have been found not guility.but maybe Chelsea security think there above the law.reminds me of the chant,(where were you when you were shit)stood on the shed terrace )

ps a pic of me & my son at kingstonian a few years back.this pic was on the Chelsea web site a few years back in the black & white section.

me in the white cap left middle as you look.my lad bottom left as you look leaning on wall.

kingstonian.jpg