• Werner
    • Ziyech
    • Abraham
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)

Way too much negativity.

We'll smash them.

Someone's gotta play early kick off. England's last game is Wednesday but at Wembley so them boys should be fine. Reece definitely will be ready to go as he can't play in them.

The Germans last play Tuesday which gives them an extra day and hopefully kai won't play much anyway with them.

Morocco play 2 games again the last one Tuesday.

France are also Tuesday and at home so not a massively long trip.

And Brazil also play 2 games last one late Tuesday so thiago silva will be the only player I expect to miss the newcastle game and whilst he is our best cb I think we can still do a job with zouma and rudi.

Yeah our record is shit vs Newcastle but this isn't the same newcastle. It's not papiss cisse and demba ba. Callum Wilson is decent and Allan saint maximin has his moments but they haven't got much else.

5 hours ago, Hutcho said:

Way too much negativity.

We'll smash them.

Someone's gotta play early kick off. England's last game is Wednesday but at Wembley so them boys should be fine. Reece definitely will be ready to go as he can't play in them.

The Germans last play Tuesday which gives them an extra day and hopefully kai won't play much anyway with them.

Morocco play 2 games again the last one Tuesday.

France are also Tuesday and at home so not a massively long trip.

And Brazil also play 2 games last one late Tuesday so thiago silva will be the only player I expect to miss the newcastle game and whilst he is our best cb I think we can still do a job with zouma and rudi.

Yeah our record is shit vs Newcastle but this isn't the same newcastle. It's not papiss cisse and demba ba. Callum Wilson is decent and Allan saint maximin has his moments but they haven't got much else.

It is insane that Thiago still has to play for the Brasil National team at 36yo or else the quality of their defence starts to go to shit.

Lolol

I mean it is fucking BRASIL, the biggest, best footballing nation and player factory in history.

1 hour ago, Mana said:

They didn’t have those players last season and we still lost.

We lost because we kept making bad decisions in attack and our keeper practically threw one in at the end, neither of which should be a problem this time.

They didn’t have those players last season and we still lost.

We can play well, but a fluke Saint-Maximin goal could kill us. We need to have strong discipline all over the pitch from minute one. We cannot switch off. I see this game as big as playing big 6 away.

We have 7 new players lol. Our team is nothing like ours from last year.

And Kepa. Pre kepa and post kepa are 2 totally different teams it's not even remotely close.

A fluke goal from any player in any team can kill us. We can't switch off in any game ever. There is no reason to be more negative about this game than any other.

10 minutes ago, Mana said:

You both are forgetting that regardless our squad is way better than Newcastle for like decades. Even during our 14/15 title win season, when we had prime Fabregas and Costa and no Kepa - we still lost to Newcastle at St. James'. We were going undefeated that season until we met them. 

On paper, we should win... but that's like every time we visit St. James'. I know football isn't that way, but 1 win since 2012 at their ground is shocking.

It's a poor record but there was an underlying reason to most of them.

The two losses under Mou were because for some reason Pardew knew how to nullify his sides. The 15/16 draw was well 15/16, the 3-0 in 17/18 Conte threw in the towel by then and we had half an eye on the FA Cup final, we won there under Sarri and last season like i said wasteful end product plus Kepa throwing one in.