• Barkley
    • Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Willian (sub)
    • Gilmour (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

11 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

We were 2-0 up at home to Sheffield United, we got dominated in that second half.....that's enough reason to worry.

Nah it'll be alright in the end mate, too early in the season to worry that much :D

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

Why?

I've posted on the Lamps thread on this subject, why do you expect us in this situation to have a god given right to beat anyone?

Surely you didn't expect us to hit the ground running, me i'm along for the ride and see where it takes us.

And please none of this it's only this team and that team should be no problem for Chelsea, 'cos this season will be rollercoaster ride time.

I never put my expectations to far up, I knew that we were going to struggle, i'm sure you must of as well, i heard moans and groans around the ground yesterday, the lads need supporting and we need to get behind them, I firmly believe that things will come right in the end.

I said it in another post, I expected this season to be filled with ups and downs but we shouldn't be dropping points against lesser/limited sides like Sheffield United, certainly not when we were 2-0 up at HOME and at half time. If it was against Man City, Liverpool or even Wolves or Leicester, you could still make an excuse for the result but against a side that will likely finish in the lower region of the table, that's just not acceptable. Even Lampard said so himself after the match. If we're gonna start throwing away points, 2-0 leads against the Sheffield Uniteds of this world, then god help us all. 

2pts dropped for sure........sadly Lamps showed with that Gillmore sub he has alot to learn. You have 5min left, under the cosh, you dont experiment, you protect the result. Im sure he will learn, but still a horrible result......sadly we have too many issues, from board to players to ban etc. But most of us expected it I guess. Still all our own faults though, we are the reason.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

He brought Alonso on at Norwich to see out the game and we won. Did you say anything then?

Hardly a good example. Alonso replaced an injured Mount with Emerson moving up the flank. Nothing changed in terms of the defensive system.

4 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Hardly a good example. Alonso replaced an injured Mount with Emerson moving up the flank. Nothing changed in terms of the defensive system.

Still brought on a defensive sub when he could have brought Batshuayi on and switched formation.

Frank has a lot to learn...  but with half a team to come back, it certainly has a feelgood factor for me.

Next big one... shape up Willian or do one in January.I thought he would play a big part this season with hazard gone, but I now think the way frank is giving kids lots of game time, that he will favour Hudson odoi on the left side when fit.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

He brought Alonso on at Norwich to see out the game and we won. Did you say anything then?

And this isn't or shouldn't be about the 'Mourinho spirit'. It's a matter of reading the game, recognizing the situation and making the right adjustments to get the wins. Even the best managers like Guardiola, Klopp have made pragmatic changes to see out wins. A tiny bit of pragmatism wouldn't hurt. 

Tbh on reflection i think the Gilmour sub was correct, putting on AC, Tomori or Zouma in a position they've likely not trained in all season would have been a lot more risky. The one qualm i have though is why did he not play more in pre season if he was potentially going to be 4th choice CM?

The Michy sub however was very bad, he's the type you bring on when your desperate for a goal whatever means how, not desperately trying to hold a lead.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Tbh on reflection i think the Gilmour sub was correct, putting on AC, Tomori or Zouma in a position they've likely not trained in all season would have been a lot more risky. The one qualm i have though is why did he not play more in pre season if he was potentially going to be 4th choice CM?

Feel like that is something the coaching staff should be preparing the team really. The Gilmour sub had no impact whatsoever. 

The Michy sub however was very bad, he's the type you bring on when your desperate for a goal whatever means how, not desperately trying to hold a lead.
He doesn't seem like the ideal option with 7 minutes remaining. Playing Alonso/Emerson on the left wing and a midfield three of Joringho, Mount & Willian should have been able to see it out.

Gilmour didn't exactly solidify our midfield.

Weakest players in this squad are probably Willian, Zouma, Barkley, Alonso, Batshuayi, and maybe Pulisic. Sure, Barkley will get more opportunities this season and we will see about Pulisic too, but I think Zouma is just going to be an incessant liability (he has always looked shaky and injury-prone to me since he joined us, nevermind the OG). Willian will continue to be ineffective against any strong side.

I would predict that Willian, Alonso, Zouma, Bats, and Barkley will be on the way when this club are ready to make buys ahead of next summer's window.

Tomori looks good and Kovacic is looking great.

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

All sub are a bit of head scratcher, it made us somewhat more offensive rather more defensive which is weird. It feel like Lamp think that we can score more.