test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tomo

Summer Transfer Targets

Started by Tomo,

185 posts in this topic
8 hours ago, Tomo said:

I think in many cases investment is required regardless. Striker especially, even if Tammy hits over 20 we will still need another striker as the alternative would be Tammy going down/losing form away from being back in the shit again. Ultimately to compete long term we need serious depth, either through a 'B team' that in itself is top 6/8 quality or a solid 6-8 players that can play in multiple positions.

We definitely need to strengthen, we've made those mistakes before.

The success of our young players though will likely go a long way to determining who and what areas we strengthen. At the moment the assumption across much the fan base is that Reece James will take over at right back and be superb. If he isn't though, then right back could become a priority position. If he develops as we all hope he will though, Azpilicueta is more than capable of being a second choice right back so suddenly we go from it being a priority position to not needing anything there for the forseeable future.

I agree, I think we will definitely need a striker in the summer. However Tammy's success and development this season may well determine whether we are in the market for a plan A or plan B striker.

Tomo likes this

17 hours ago, Tomo said:

I think in many cases investment is required regardless. Striker especially, even if Tammy hits over 20 we will still need another striker as the alternative would be Tammy going down/losing form away from being back in the shit again. Ultimately to compete long term we need serious depth, either through a 'B team' that in itself is top 6/8 quality or a solid 6-8 players that can play in multiple positions.

Indeed! specifically a striker with different characteristics. More skillful? I understand folks are enthusiastic with Tammy atm, but it wouldn't surprise me if his form dipped esp against stronger opposition. To me Bats and Tammy are both very similar. Poachers. They are both not very good with the ball at their feet and don't hold the ball up particularly well. Tammy actually isn't that great in the air yet, despite his height - though this is def one area I expect him to improve on.

Tomo likes this

I still think Belotti is a proper striker and would fit into Lampard's football like a glove. If there was a chance to get him for a reasonable price (not more than 60 million or so), he could be a great option

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

I still think Belotti is a proper striker and would fit into Lampard's football like a glove. If there was a chance to get him for a reasonable price (not more than 60 million or so), he could be a great option

I don´t think that Belotti is good enough. Especially in the PL, he would not do well.

If Tammy performs that way he is doing now, I would be happy to have Batsman and Tammy for next season.

What we need more is a world class CB and a world class winger. Let us see how CHO will do because if he gets back to his best, he will be a starter again. But Pulisic is not doing that well and because he was never a consistent player, we need to buy a world class winger. There are sadly not many names that would make me happy. I would go for Ziyech, Zaha or Sancho. The last one would be ideal because of his age and potential. CB wise I would go for Konate or Skriniar. Romagnoli would be the third option.

If we want to reach the heights of previous years we need an out and out top class striker, whoever that maybe.

Wings backs are massive in football now, Reece needs to come in and offer us massive amounts like he has shown. Emerson has kicked on and is miles ahead of Alonso in terms of both defending and attacking. If Reece, Ruben and CHO come into the fold and be massive hits then we will save stacks of cash, but that doesn't mean it doesn't need spending elsewhere. A CB to play with Rudiger is a must, I really do not trust AC or Zouma I think they are way too inconsistent.

6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I would go for Ziyech, Zaha or Sancho. The last one would be ideal because of his age and potential. CB wise I would go for Konate or Skriniar. Romagnoli would be the third option.

If not Sancho

I SO recco Federico Chiesa and Mikel Oyarzabal

both are pure class and so young but already have massive top flight experience and both can play both sides

acfe63f11c21827b2357ab5e4b465f6b.png

fd6f30fff525c8f3a93a1e87a130e781.png0f94d93df000ca28b4b8ac069231254c.png

Image result for Federico ChiesaImage result for Federico Chiesa

fc2e45a78bf830b3b3b7da7642192609.png369ccea333114d503f8b544d448f1466.png7e51f4a69209d3330510a3116f413b7b.png

Image result for Mikel OyarzabalImage result for Mikel Oyarzabal

killer1257 and Fernando like this

2 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

I still think Belotti is a proper striker and would fit into Lampard's football like a glove. 

That's if lamps is still Chelsea manager next season we have a ruthless board that don't give managers time 

3 minutes ago, the wes said:

That's if lamps is still Chelsea manager next season we have a ruthless board that don't give managers time 

Ruthless?

Seriously? 

If they was ruthless Sarri would have been long gone. ie losing to City 6 to 0......

They have lost that ruthlessness for me. 

the wes likes this

18 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Ruthless?

Seriously? 

If they was ruthless Sarri would have been long gone. ie losing to City 6 to 0......

They have lost that ruthlessness for me. 

Sarri was just season here and had very good season in terms of results. 

2 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

I agree. If Tammy comes good we need another striker with different characteristics like Belotti or Werner. Dembele is similar to Abraham. 

53 minutes ago, Vesper said:

If not Sancho

I SO recco Federico Chiesa and Mikel Oyarzabal

both are pure class and so young but already have massive top flight experience and both can play both sides

acfe63f11c21827b2357ab5e4b465f6b.png

fd6f30fff525c8f3a93a1e87a130e781.png0f94d93df000ca28b4b8ac069231254c.png

Image result for Federico ChiesaImage result for Federico Chiesa

fc2e45a78bf830b3b3b7da7642192609.png369ccea333114d503f8b544d448f1466.png7e51f4a69209d3330510a3116f413b7b.png

Image result for Mikel OyarzabalImage result for Mikel Oyarzabal

I would  go for that Mikel guy because he reminds me of Bernardo Silva in big and with less speed. That guy has creativity, great dribbling and can shoot. I would love to have him here. I see a lot of potential. This guy offers something that neither CHO nor Pulisic has

Vesper likes this

At the end of the day we need to spend on quality whether the youth come good or not. We need quality depth to fight on several fronts and show that we are still Chelsea......we need to remind them of that.

Chiesa looks good man, def one to go after before city and the likes do. We def need a striker even if Tammy turns out good, need depth.

Get rid of the deadwood ( enough already ), go in fast and seal the deals. Cuz all our rivals here and abroad need a boost. Juve is getting old, Barca will go for neymar etc, city will be city, utd will spend, arsenal too, pool will go for depth for sure this time, spurs....fuck'em, Zidane will go for mbappe, even AM spend big amounts now........so its crucial to be astute come summer.

Vesper likes this

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I think we have good case getting the ban overturned in January especially with city getting away with a ban 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

xk.gif

Palace will be fighting to avoid relegation I think, so zero chance they will sell him for anything short of INSANE cash.

TBH, I would much rather have a go for Richarlison in the summer, and let Everton grab Zaha, they both will go for roughly the same money and next summer Richarlison (4 and a half years younger) will be 23 (basically the whole season, he turns 24 on May 10th, 2021), whilst Zaha will be 27yo, and turns 28 on November 10, 2020. I see NO reason to spend £70m, £80m on a player who we only get two full sub 30yo seasons out of.

Zaha (and Martial) still only really intrigue me, (for the amount of money they would cost) as CF's.

here are the best wingers in the EPL atm

no real order, and my baseline is who would I take over Pedro or Willian at this exact minute (some due strictly to their age, IF Pedro was 24,25, NO FUCKING WAY would I trade/sell him unless we are talking Sterling, Mane, Salah, Bernardo, or maybe Sane (probably not Sane, Pedro was a BEAST when he was younger)

the ONLY wingers who are remotely available who interest me at all on here are

Martial (as a CF especially and he is not really available, we fucked that up BAD when Mo was there and he wanted to swap Martial for Willia plus cash, and Marina got CHEAP as fuck and didnt toss in the £20m or so to get it done, now we may lose Willian on a free and Martial is still worth £70, £80m, fuck that bitch Russian twat)

Richarlison

and Zaha (BUT only if he is around £45-50m or so, due to his age next year, and Palace will never sell him for that low, even at the 27/28 he will be next season, I just do not think he is worth £80m next summer, would much rather pay that for Chiesa, who I rate at £70-75m and is only 21yo now, and 22yo next summer)

Nelson and Sarr and James (United will never sell James now) all intrigue, but need to see what they can do over a full season or two

The following will get me a tonne of stick, but who would be an absolute MONSTER under Lamps is Son, he is one of the most underrated players in the world, and when Kane is down, and he is played centrally, he is almost as productive as old punchy-face Harry. He will never be sold by Levy now, as there is a good shot Kane leaves next year, as he wants trophies, and he will never get them at Spuds.

1924cbb2da4b3aeae716f0c2cedf18ff.png7a15e353c76a21be2f4f69d17a8ea345.png1395fb2816d565bc2a597b32cba2042a.pngc31e83d04539d7cc94d63cc5506a1889.pngc7b0240ea84e6de12b06d41834d9f114.png285306b8cb12687a36e13c5b9571fb41.png

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Palace will be fighting to avoid relegation I think, so zero chance they will sell him for anything short of INSANE cash.

TBH, I would much rather have a go for Richarlison in the summer, and let Everton grab Zaha, they both will go for roughly the same money and next summer Richarlison (4 and a half years younger) will be 23 (basically the whole season, he turns 24 on May 10th, 2021), whilst Zaha will be 27yo, and turns 28 on November 10, 2020. I see NO reason to spend £70m, £80m on a player who we only get two full sub 30yo seasons out of.

Zaha (and Martial) still only really intrigue me, (for the amount of money they would cost) as CF's.

here are the best wingers in the EPL atm

no real order, and my baseline is who would I take over Pedro or Willian at this exact minute (some due strictly to their age, IF Pedro was 24,25, NO FUCKING WAY would I trade/sell him unless we are talking Sterling, Mane, Salah, Bernardo, or maybe Sane (probably not Sane, Pedro was a BEAST when he was younger)

the ONLY wingers who are remotely available who interest me at all on here are

Martial (as a CF especially and he is not really available, we fucked that up BAD when Mo was there and he wanted to swap Martial for Willia plus cash, and Marina got CHEAP as fuck and didnt toss in the £20m or so to get it done, now we may lose Willian on a free and Martial is still worth £70, £80m, fuck that bitch Russian twat)

Richarlison

and Zaha (BUT only if he is around £45-50m or so, due to his age next year, and Palace will never sell him for that low, even at the 27/28 he will be next season, I just do not think he is worth £80m next summer, would much rather pay that for Chiesa, who I rate at £70-75m and is only 21yo now, and 22yo next summer)

Nelson and Sarr and James (United will never sell James now) all intrigue, but need to see what they can do over a full season or two

The following will get me a tonne of stick, but who would be an absolute MONSTER under Lamps is Son, he is one of the most underrated players in the world, and when Kane is down, and he is played centrally, he is almost as productive as old punchy-face Harry. He will never be sold by Levy now, as there is a good shot Kane leaves next year, as he wants trophies, and he will never get them at Spuds.

1924cbb2da4b3aeae716f0c2cedf18ff.png7a15e353c76a21be2f4f69d17a8ea345.png1395fb2816d565bc2a597b32cba2042a.pngc31e83d04539d7cc94d63cc5506a1889.pngc7b0240ea84e6de12b06d41834d9f114.png285306b8cb12687a36e13c5b9571fb41.png

I like Richarlison but Everton are nightmare to do deals with it wouldn't surprise me Everton would want £100m for him 

Vesper likes this