Super Frank Thread

1 minute ago, Mana said:

It doesn't have to be Sky Sports then? Replace it with any media company like BBC? Point is, I want movement from this football club instead of nothing being done. I want to hear "talks with xxx player" or something. If the talks fail because the other club don't want to sell, fair enough. At least I applaud CFC for at least trying.

But not even attempting, while we are losing game after game is making me go nuts.

So basically you just want the media to report something to get rid of your own insecurity?

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

WTF is this?

Why are you trying to spin it and say I have media insecurities? I don't care about the media on what they do. I just want to know if Chelsea are doing something (and the reason why I 'put' the media in is because usually the media picks this up)

No, not media insecurity, just insecurity. It's because you said you want to know that the club are trying to do something and for you (and everyone else) to know, the media have to report it. 

#delusional

Frank Lampard praises ‘outstanding’ Chelsea star N’Golo Kante after Newcastle defeat

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/18/frank-lampard-praises-outstanding-chelsea-star-ngolo-kante-newcastle-defeat-12081945/

snip

‘Sometimes we can [switch to two in attack] if a game feels that way but in that case it would have meant bringing off N’Golo Kante – who was outstanding all game – or Jorginho at the base of our midfield and you have to be careful with their counter-attack. ‘We were creating a lot so the Michy change was to change the feeling of the striker. Can he come on and make something happen because he’s very dangerous around the box so it was just like-for-like.’

snip

smdh

insult to our intelligence

I do not like gaslighting attempts AT ALL

IF Lampard really, truly believes half the bullshit he was been peddling recently

he will be sacked by holiday time this coming December or so

it is inevitable

27044c3fb227699f57ca55a1c5a21730.png

501b533cfd294742cdc7a0536c251e51.png

these 6 games against SHIT teams in the last month and a half
17 points dropped out of 18
I would agree that we lost too many Points against those Teams, but the Everton game was very, very hard. They played the game of their life, went into very possible tackle and ran like they were trying to win a marathon or something. Really hard one to win.

Lamps lost some of them due to playing the wrong guys. Why did Kova not play Today ? Azpi needs to be on the bench. He loses way too many balls.
Why does James not play more? Now he is injured...

RLC needs to come back asap, so he can bench Mount too

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

I would agree that we lost too many Points against those Teams, but the Everton game was very, very hard. They played the game of their life, went into very possible tackle and ran like they were trying to win a marathon or something. Really hard one to win.

Lamps lost some of them due to playing the wrong guys. Why did Kova not play Today ? Azpi needs to be on the bench. He loses way too many balls.
Why does James not play more? Now he is injured...

RLC needs to come back asap, so he can bench Mount too

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Everton I can completely understand

and I am NOT a person who expects to win or draw every single game, not even close

but those other 5 games

to not walk out with at least 11 points out of 15 is criminal (3 wins, 2 draws versus SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT)

we walked with ONE

7 hours ago, Mana said:

I want to hear "talks with xxx player" or something. If the talks fail because the other club don't want to sell, fair enough. At least I applaud CFC for at least trying.

To be fair we tried. Werner, Dembele, Sancho, Alaba, Chilwell we tried for all of them and their clubs publicly said they won't leave in January! If I'm Chelsea I would push for Cavani and Isco/James on loan short term or something. 

22 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

To be fair we tried. Werner, Dembele, Sancho, Alaba, Chilwell we tried for all of them and their clubs publicly said they won't leave in January! If I'm Chelsea I would push for Cavani and Isco/James on loan short term or something. 

Tried? Being linked with players and making moves is 2 different stories. We havent made a move for anyone but Dembele in all realism. Nobody would expect Alaba to leave Bayern for Chelsea, not even Chelsea realisitically I would imagine. Werner has already been reported that he will leave in the summer of 2020 or 2021 for seasons now in the German media and as of now it looks more realistic than January. Chillwell would never leave Leicester in January in this season where they are 2nd and I doubt the club would be so stupid to think so either. Sancho is again, been told he is allowed to leave in the summer so I doubt we tried this window. Dembele is the only one we definitely tried this window and even then couldnt pull off a deal. 

17 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tried? Being linked with players and making moves is 2 different stories. We havent made a move for anyone but Dembele in all realism. Nobody would expect Alaba to leave Bayern for Chelsea, not even Chelsea realisitically I would imagine. Werner has already been reported that he will leave in the summer of 2020 or 2021 for seasons now in the German media and as of now it looks more realistic than January. Chillwell would never leave Leicester in January in this season where they are 2nd and I doubt the club would be so stupid to think so either. Sancho is again, been told he is allowed to leave in the summer so I doubt we tried this window. Dembele is the only one we definitely tried this window and even then couldnt pull off a deal. 

Even if we didn't make a move for some of them it's because we know they are not available now but all mentioned will be in the summer. So no one can blame the club for waiting a couple of more months for top targets instead of going for someone else. But I did propose what we should do. 

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

#becomingOGSstyleeclueless

Azpi at LB is a problem but not the only problem. There's also Willian, who's supposed to be the attacking player, in front of him who practically does nothing offensively. If he's contributing offensively consistently, then the issue can be ignored for the time being (like Azpi-Hazard previously) but since it isn't, our left side is non-existent offensively. 

Also, people need to make up their mind over Emerson/Alonso/Azpi at LB (not necessarily pointing the finger at you). If Emerson/Alonso plays and drops a clanger, people want them out. If Azpi plays there and doesn't do anything offensively, people also want him out. The LB is definitely an area we need to strengthen but right now, we have to make do with what we have. 

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Azpi at LB is a problem but not the only problem. There's also Willian, who's supposed to be the attacking player, in front of him who practically does nothing offensively. If he's contributing offensively consistently, then the issue can be ignored for the time being (like Azpi-Hazard previously) but since it isn't, our left side is non-existent offensively. 

Also, people need to make up their mind over Emerson/Alonso/Azpi at LB (not necessarily pointing the finger at you). If Emerson/Alonso plays and drops a clanger, people want them out. If Azpi plays there and doesn't do anything offensively, people also want him out. The LB is definitely an area we need to strengthen but right now, we have to make do with what we have. 

My LB stance is crystal clear based of a myriad number of posts (RB stance too TBH, but that is becoming pointless as Azpi is rapidly ageing and we are not going to get fuckall for him soon)

But each window they all go down in value (our ones to sell, ie all but Reece) and each window we fail to do fuckall. I assume January 2020 now will be no different. I think it is madness, when we have buyers for both Emerson and Alonso NOW and we also have the chance to grab 2 really decent LB's (two of which can be done simply via hitting a 32m and then a 51m RC clause, although as you know, I want Gosens (Emerson is a PERFECT swap option for Atalanta with Gosens, as they are almost exact same age and Emerson is Italian citizen, thus counts as HG and speaks Italian) and ONE of Grimaldo or Telles, not both Grimaldo and Telles)

Instead I fear we will drop (and maybe even fail trying to buy, leaving us truly high n' dry yet again) £80m on Chilwell in the summer, and then still fail to sell one of our two dregs, making the net transfer fee spend 60m or so MORE than just bringing in Gosens and Telles and 40m or so more than bring in Grimaldo and Gosens now, 

PLUS if we do that we still have a dregs at backup option (if we keep Alonso, he will soon be basically vastly even further reduced in resale value as well as he hits 30yo next season) and we are literally dice rolling an insane amount of money on Chilwell, who has often looked so so poor the last month or two. IF he doesn't recover his form and we still drop crazy quid on him, we are utterly losing the plot to a club-busting (in both FFP money and performance on the field areas) degree (one of but many crazy bad deals doing that potentially or one already done.)

GOODBYE HALCYON DAYS

https://chelseafancast.com/2020/01/goodbye-halcyon-days/

Another weekend, another defeat. This one seeming to carry more gravitas than the others. It’s mid-January, there appears to be no signings in the near future and we’ve all said goodbye to those halcyon days of asking for the transfer ban to be extended. Our eighth defeat after just 23 Premier League games. The same number of defeats suffered by Maurizio Sarri in the whole of last season, and we’ve still got 15 games to go.

We could quite easily be looking at 15 defeats, which would be worse than the 2015/2016 season where we finished 10th. The good news on that though, is that we’ve already matched the number of wins (12).

I hate to say it, but if our manager wasn’t our greatest ever player, and just another coach from Europe, I’d be calling for them to be sacked.

But, our manager is Frank Lampard and our squad is considerably worse off than last season, thanks largely to the departure of Eden Hazard, which thanks to a transfer ban Chelsea haven’t been able to replace. And even if they could, how do you replaced the 3rd best player in world football? Much like last season our position in the table is inflated thanks to the form of our rivals. Spurs, Arsenal and Manchester United are currently as useful as a pair of see through Speedo’s at the local swimming baths.

But, that could change. Any one of those three could potential make a couple of signings that could change the complex of their season. Arsenal need a defender, Spurs need a striker and United, well they need a new manager, but they’ve got previous of paying over the odds to bring in players.

And then there’s us. Having spent a lot of time and a lot of money fighting UEFA over our transfer ban, we seem content enough to wait until the summer to bring in some preferred targets. Which in some ways is a positive sign that the club have learned some lessons of the past and repeats of signings with Danny Drinkwater will be avoided in the future. However, there’s no point focusing on the light at the end of the tunnel when the ground is giving way beneath your feet.

In a piece on the Athletic, by Fancast regular Liam Twomey, the financial implications of Chelsea’s failure to maintain Champions League football were laid bare.

We simply cannot afford to miss out on a top four spot this year, which is a real possibility.

SNIP

more at the link

This Azpi at LB has to fucking stop and quickly and this where Frank needs to be criticised. Time after time he selects him in this position and it simply does not work.

The club should addressed this position ages ago, and we are still worrying about it. I'm sick and tired of wasteful transfer windows.

General questions

IF we lose all of the following 10 games

do you support Lampard being sacked?

do you think he will be sacked if we do lose all 10?

if not

how many of the ten would he have to lose to get sacked and have you support this?

again, this also assumes we win every other game not listed

it could be even worse

I am NOT predicting we lose all of these btw

simply asking where the breaking point would be

we also could win some of these are still drop other games against shit teams (like we have been doing)

f654c08d4020cd899122f1507315dedd.png229837b583a7f4d0e59e100f825bcc7e.png7e4bcb004d5b33798eb67e5ca50b8c13.pngc043c62cc4b8a97376bc0b072bcf92ed.pngc3cc88b6445ddda2546197cfab3d33cf.png65943811e595f00f5f70016ed3c0b988.png

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

General questions

IF we lose all of the following 10 games

do you support Lampard being sacked?

do you think he will be sacked if we do lose all 10?

if not

how many of the ten would he have to lose to get sacked and have you support this?

again, this also assumes we win every other game not listed

it could be even worse

I am NOT predicting we lose all of these btw

simply asking where the breaking point would be

we also could win some of these are still drop other games against shit teams (like we have been doing)

f654c08d4020cd899122f1507315dedd.png229837b583a7f4d0e59e100f825bcc7e.png7e4bcb004d5b33798eb67e5ca50b8c13.pngc043c62cc4b8a97376bc0b072bcf92ed.pngc3cc88b6445ddda2546197cfab3d33cf.png65943811e595f00f5f70016ed3c0b988.png

it depends from the final results imho. if he is able to reach the 4th placement in EPL, the minimal goal of the season would be reached and he would deserve a summer market session to improve the squad according to his idea of football. 

at the moment I think he is beyond initial expectations, with the improvement of many youths and good results too.