Super Frank Thread

I didnt expect to be anywhere near 4th start of the season and had no real expectations. To be honest did many? I predicted maybe 7th/6th place. We've been lucky other teams are also a bit crap but Man U have stepped up lately.

Inexperienced manager and a mish mash of players. What is worrying is the way we keep losing in the same way! Dont expect to get much from those games.

It's hard to predict what the board will do..one sense theyve been ruthless before but look what it has cost them in the past. Sacking Conte has cost what 85,000 and whatever else before that. 

15 hours ago, Mana said:

We have Arsenal, Leicester, United AND Spuds all next. I can see L’s on our faces in 2/4 games while the rest are draws.

Oh and after them - Bournemouth away! We know what happened last time!

Nah, I’m done. If we don’t get anybody this window - our season is over.

I swear we could face Bakayoko by himself and you'd find a way to make us underdogs.

It all depends on the manner of the defeats (if they happen). If we're beaten comprehensively in some of these matches then I think Lampard will be under real pressure especially if we don't buy anyone. We as fans have to take Lampard at face value forget his status at the club he has to be judged on the teams performances and they have been in large pretty woeful. 

They are a horrendous set of fixtures coming up and I'm pretty sure most of us are concerned. Eight defeats in the league and still in fourth sums up how overrated the premier league is the lack of quality apart from the mickey mousers and City is startling. Those defeats against the lower clubs are going to kick us in the bollocks because we can't rely on other teams performing as badly as us with the set of fixtures we have coming up.

Long as we dont lose any by a stupid scoreline..know we lost 4-0 to Man U early on but we also lost 3-1 to Everton later on which is not much better.

Still think it may not been the wisest decision to hire Lampard so early on but time will tell..if given more time. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

General questions

IF we lose all of the following 10 games

do you support Lampard being sacked?

do you think he will be sacked if we do lose all 10?

if not

how many of the ten would he have to lose to get sacked and have you support this?

again, this also assumes we win every other game not listed

it could be even worse

I am NOT predicting we lose all of these btw

simply asking where the breaking point would be

we also could win some of these are still drop other games against shit teams (like we have been doing)

f654c08d4020cd899122f1507315dedd.png229837b583a7f4d0e59e100f825bcc7e.png7e4bcb004d5b33798eb67e5ca50b8c13.pngc043c62cc4b8a97376bc0b072bcf92ed.pngc3cc88b6445ddda2546197cfab3d33cf.png65943811e595f00f5f70016ed3c0b988.png

I don't think there's very much chance of losing all ten.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I don't think there's very much chance of losing all ten.

I said that as well

but how many of the ten (and there may be other losses from non listed games)

especially the 8 EPL games listed

would it take to get Lamps sacked?

Is he untouchable no matter what?

I am not advocating a sacking at all, just curious to see what others think the limit is

Depends..I know it's worked before but we cant keep sacking managers and paying out year after year. Its costly.

This is why think theres more patience that and the circumstances around his hiring. Depends what the objective was beginning of season. Top 4 seems unlikely at the start.

Hard to say what the limit is as its expected really. He took over a okay squad..lost a spark which we havent replaced and at the minute we're a okay team doing annoying things.

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I said that as well

but how many of the ten (and there may be other losses from non listed games)

especially the 8 EPL games listed

would it take to get Lamps sacked?

Is he untouchable no matter what?

I am not advocating a sacking at all, just curious to see what others think the limit is

For me the minimum requirement was challenge for top four while showing some encouragement that the projected end product is something worth sticking by, so far it's so far so good on both counts.

Although he needs to stop playing Kante week in week out, unfortunately I think Rudi is untouchable aswell.

What really worries me is..

The pattern.

For the past 3 managers maybe even 4, we keep seeing the same shit.

Start off flying under the new managers regime... playing decent, decisive football only to drop off mid season or after 1 season and result back to playing like braindead imbiciles. 

It has to be the group of footballers. It just has to be. 

Is this the overall outcome of poor recruitment, poor squad management by the board and an overrated youth academy? 

Who knows... but we wre literally reliving groundhog day before our very eyes. 

17 hours ago, Jason said:

For the umpteenth time, it's all good saying we need to sign players this month but who is actually world class/quality out there that we can sign right now? Do share some names!

Im talking about overall not this window per say. We are being run to the ground with our policies, reqruitment and scouting. Miss out again on top4 and it will be felt big time.

9 minutes ago, DDA said:

What really worries me is..

The pattern.

For the past 3 managers maybe even 4, we keep seeing the same shit.

Start off flying under the new managers regime... playing decent, decisive football only to drop off mid season or after 1 season and result back to playing like braindead imbiciles. 

It has to be the group of footballers. It just has to be. 

Is this the overall outcome of poor recruitment, poor squad management by the board and an overrated youth academy? 

Who knows... but we wre literally reliving groundhog day before our very eyes. 

I don't think there's any real pattern, the 'problem' is the fact we are just a very inconsistent team right now.

We will out football Ajax away, force a finished article Liverpool side to park the bus for a whole half while simultaneously losing to teams we should be burying, it's the way it is at this point.

Hopefully some good signings added to the young players being a year ahead in development will see these inconsistency issues erode bit by bit but at this point we just got to ride with the punches.

WHat I wanna know is what the fuck do we do in practice? THe same issues still there. What Progress have we seen since the start? We do not run in any Space at all, this is not fast direct footy FL promised us, we dont do 1-2, we dont do triangles etc. The whole structor of our play looks shot, the positioning all over the place, cant defend set-pieces. And he needs to show more passion and be more vocal on the pitch, yesterday FL looked like he waiting on a buss.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

I don't think there's any real pattern, the 'problem' is the fact we are just a very inconsistent team right now.

Just now? Or was it the same under Mourinho in his second spell once they had enough of him?? Conte in his second season? And under Sarri after the first half of his season? 

The players start off running around the pitch like superstars. Moving into the space.. interchanging and playing cute passes like they should be. Then all of a sudden .... we see what we are doing now. Statues and idiotic decision making. 

How can you explain this?

8 minutes ago, DDA said:

Just now? Or was it the same under Mourinho in his second spell once they had enough of him?? Conte in his second season? And under Sarri after the first half of his season? 

The players start off running around the pitch like superstars. Moving into the space.. interchanging and playing cute passes like they should be. Then all of a sudden .... we see what we are doing now. Statues and idiotic decision making. 

How can you explain this?

Jose's win the 2015 title at all costs goal exhausted the players mentally, Conte acted like a cunt and made the working environment toxic. Completely worlds apart from what is happening now, we're trying to build something long lasting and sustainable, that isn't going to happen overnight especially if we want to build it significantly through our academy side.

It's the decision-making in the third that is costing us. 

Tammy, Mount, and CHO you can forgive because of their inexperience. Willian was never known of having end product. (The rumor Lampard wants to extend his contract should hopefully just be that. A rumor) 

So is it really that surprising were that inconsistent?