Super Frank Thread

14 hours ago, Mana said:

I've seen big players last summer snub United because they are not big as they were before, including failure to get Champions League and having a rookie intern. (Which star player would want to work under Ole?)

We will be in the same position as United in the summer if we fail to get CL this season (and Lampard gets another season). Get one or two signings done. A LOAN even. Just something. We will not get top 4 with this squad if other sides strengthen. I don't trust them anymore.

Define something? Should we sign another Zappacosta? 

Give me a name of a player that is better than ours that is attainable. 

1 hour ago, communicate said:

Define something? Should we sign another Zappacosta? 

Give me a name of a player that is better than ours that is attainable. 

at LB it is easy

I want BOTH of the following

Sell fucking Alonso  to Inter and buy

Alex Telles (£32m RC) tracking to 10 goals and 16 assists, has over 50 assists as a LB (including CL) in the past 3 and half years, and he is a SUPERB corner taker

and then (or first) swap for

Robin Gosens (offer a straight swap of Emerson for him to Atalanta) tracking to at least 15 goals and 11 or 12 assists (over a 3500 min season)  tall, pacy, solid defensively, motor on him, typical high end German fullback with a great shot and cross

they are almost the exact same age (28 days apart) at 25yo

Emerson is an Italian citizen and speaks (obviously) fluent Italian and has played for years in Serie A and is much more suited for Serie A (Gosens is built for the EPL as any LB is atm)

they are both worth around £30m (hell, I would pay £35-40m for Gosens, I have watched a tonne of his games now, he is the real deal, so I would even toss a bit of cash in the deal to get it done)

done and dusted

it is madness to keep trotting out Azpi at LB

he crushes, just kills, our offensive play on the left, the other two (regardless of how in demand they are, and they are in demand) are dogshit for us, the EPL, and the way we play

LB is by far my number one enraging thing atm about the club (Kante will be soon be as well come summer if we do not do something to sort him now)

we have NO QUALITY PLAYERS THERE AT ALL (the only position you can say this about)

FUCK waiting for the insanely over priced Chilwell (who is massively slumping atm and is so NOT a guarantee but anyway) fuck paying 100m euros for Gaya or 60m for the super short Grimaldo

Theo Hernandez I also rate, but he will be shit hard to pull from AC Milan (plus they just have been bought by the 2nd richest man on the planet, so have literally a 100 billion fortune backing them now)

Alaba is a pipe dream, Bayern are not selling him now or in the summer, they will probably wait until summer 2021, (when he is 29yo) to sell him (even if they would sell him now, they would want at least £70m, no way do I believe they will sell him for 60m euros in January, which I have seen tossed out there)

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

at LB it is easy

I want BOTH of the following

Sell fucking Alonso  to Inter and buy

Alex Telles (£32m RC) tracking to 10 goals and 16 assists, has over 50 assists as a LB (including CL) in the past 3 and half years, and he is a SUPERB corner taker

and then (or first) swap for

Robin Gosens (offer a straight swap of Emerson for him to Atalanta) tracking to at least 15 goals and 11 or 12 assists (over a 3500 min season)  tall, pacy, solid defensively, motor on him, typical high end German fullback with a great shot and cross

Alaba is a pipe dream, Bayern are not selling him now or in the summer, they will probably wait until summer 2021, (when he is 29yo) to sell him (even if they would sell him now, they would want at least £70m, no way do I believe they will sell him for 60m euros in January, which I have seen tossed out there)

Alaba contract expires in June 2021 so they will most likely sell him in the summer this year. And it has to be cheaper because of this. It doesn't look like he will renew and he said if he leaves Real, Barca (they are set at LB) or PL are only options. Let City have Chilwell and we have open path for Alaba. 

But I must say I do like Gosens a lot! 

27 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Alaba contract expires in June 2021 so they will most likely sell him in the summer this year. And it has to be cheaper because of this. It doesn't look like he will renew and he said if he leaves Real, Barca (they are set at LB) or PL are only options. Let City have Chilwell and we have open path for Alaba. 

But I must say I do like Gosens a lot! 

IF Alaba is around £45-50m then I can be persuaded to accept him over Telles, but I really want Gosens NOW

am 100% sold on him as a great attacking left fullback, left wingback, and even maybe LMF/RW in a pinch

he screams Chels quality to me

gut feeling strictly but I truly like the cut of his jib

I think he can do major damage under the Lamp's system

he is MILES beyond the dregs buys of Zappacosta, and Baba and the utterly mediocre (for the EPL) Emerson

he is like a far better defending so much faster, much stronger, far more driven Alonso (he is only 1 and a half inches shorter than the turtle too, so adds greatly needed height)

Emerson as bait for Atalanta surely can help close a deal as Serie A LOVES Emerson (look at how long Juve have been trying to prise him away from us, under both Massimiliano Allegri and now the old smoker Sarri) He is HG in Italy, which is a huge advantage.

We have already scouted him, so let's get it done!!!

Lotthar Matthäus believes Atalanta's Robin Gosens deserves a shot in the German national team.

https://bulinews.com/news/4269/lothar-matthäus-atalantas-robin-gosens-deserves-be-called-for-germany

Lothar Matthäus has urged Germany coach Joachim Löw to call up Atalanta's Robin Gosens for the national team.
Gosens, who can play at left-back and as a left midfielder, has made an impression on Matthäus with his performances for Atalanta over the past few seasons.

"With the affinity I have for Italy, Robin Gosens is no longer a nobody to me. He has been playing at a high level for two years. He's dangerous in front of goal, and I think he's capable of playing internationally. He has proven that in the Champions League," Matthäus, a former Inter player, wrote in a column for Kicker.

"I don't see why Löw shouldn't test him. He's very well trained tactically. That's why I would like to see him in the German national team," he added.
The 25-year-old has made 21 appearances for Atalanta this season, racking up seven goals and four assists.

snip

Matthäus is notoriously hard on players too, so if he rates Gosens, that is a big deal

37 minutes ago, Vesper said:

IF Alaba is around £45-50m then I can be persuaded to accept him over Telles, but I really want Gosens NOW

am 100% sold on him as a great attacking left fullback, left wingback, and even maybe LMF/RW in a pinch

he screams Chels quality to me

gut feeling strictly but I truly like the cut of his jib

I think he can do major damage under the Lamp's system

he is MILES beyond the dregs buys of Zappacosta, and Baba and the utterly mediocre (for the EPL) Emerson

he is like a far better defending so much faster, much stronger, far more driven Alonso (he is only 1 and a half inches shorter than the turtle too, so adds greatly needed height)

Emerson as bait for Atalanta surely can help close a deal as Serie A LOVES Emerson (look at how long Juve have been trying to prise him away from us, under both Massimiliano Allegri and now the old smoker Sarri) He is HG in Italy, which is a huge advantage.

We have already scouted him, so let's get it done!!!

Lotthar Matthäus believes Atalanta's Robin Gosens deserves a shot in the German national team.

https://bulinews.com/news/4269/lothar-matthäus-atalantas-robin-gosens-deserves-be-called-for-germany

Lothar Matthäus has urged Germany coach Joachim Löw to call up Atalanta's Robin Gosens for the national team.
Gosens, who can play at left-back and as a left midfielder, has made an impression on Matthäus with his performances for Atalanta over the past few seasons.

"With the affinity I have for Italy, Robin Gosens is no longer a nobody to me. He has been playing at a high level for two years. He's dangerous in front of goal, and I think he's capable of playing internationally. He has proven that in the Champions League," Matthäus, a former Inter player, wrote in a column for Kicker.

"I don't see why Löw shouldn't test him. He's very well trained tactically. That's why I would like to see him in the German national team," he added.
The 25-year-old has made 21 appearances for Atalanta this season, racking up seven goals and four assists.

snip

Matthäus is notoriously hard on players too, so if he rates Gosens, that is a big deal

I love Lothar. He qualified for the Champions League with Partizan knocking out Newcastle in qualifications back in 2003. They had Shearer and Sir Bobby Robson and we had Taribo West :D

About Gosens apparently he still didn't chose national team. Germany or Netherlands (can't use Holland anymore :rolleyes:). 

LAMPARD DELIVERS POSITIVE INJURY UPDATE ON LOFTUS-CHEEK, DISMISSES TWO TRANSFER RUMOURS AND PRAISES CHELSEA'S ADOPTION OF IHRA ANTISEMITISM DEFINITION

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/01/17/frank-lampard-press-conference-pre-newcastle-away?cardIndex=0-0

Can't blame Lampard for that one, if I'm honest, and I'm probably one of his biggest critics. No penetration, no quality. This season is a write-off - we'll end up being 5/6/7th by the end of February and that's where we'll stay. That's our level. We're not a Champions League club at present. 

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

I can blame him if he thinks this squad is good enough

HAHAHAHA, okay. 

Lampard clearlyfucking obviously KNOWS this team isn't good enough. For some reason, the board are clearly not willing to invest. They've decided they want to use the season to blood the youngsters. 

15 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

Can't blame Lampard for that one, if I'm honest, and I'm probably one of his biggest critics. No penetration, no quality. This season is a write-off - we'll end up being 5/6/7th by the end of February and that's where we'll stay. That's our level. We're not a Champions League club at present. 

Which teams will you reckon will gazump us?

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Which teams will you reckon will gazump us?

This is the weird thing, because everyone else is shit. I honestly can see United overtaking us, however if they lose tomorrow we have, to some extent, got away with losing.