Super Frank Thread

All the attacking flair we had when Lamps came in is all gone.

Having Mount as our main creative Attacking midfielder whilst having no ounce of creativity will be the death of Frank unfortunately. We have no creative player in our whole attack, no one can pass to a runner through on goal. Abraham is starved of quality service and as a poacher he thrives on service. What happened to our ferocious high pressing we used to play with when Lamps came in??

Maybe its because of the stop of the midfield trio of Jorginho-Kovacic-Mount that we have lost all attacking flair??

52 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Having Mount as our main creative Attacking midfielder whilst having no ounce of creativity will be the death of Frank unfortunately. We have no creative player in our whole attack, no one can pass to a runner through on goal. Abraham is starved of quality service and as a poacher he thrives on service. What happened to our ferocious high pressing we used to play with when Lamps came in??

Maybe its because of the stop of the midfield trio of Jorginho-Kovacic-Mount that we have lost all attacking flair??

I miss it too, we did do it vs spurs though, we pressed them to death but we see it way way too rarely. Klopps pool even with that shit team he had the first 2 years they pressed like crazy, we can do it too, it has to be coached though.

Lampard will ride these players into the ground, and if they collectively fail, he will be sacked eventually in large part due to them, so lets hope most are soon moved out or replaced with serious upgrades

Zouma (simply not good enough in all round game (simply watch our losses where he was a starter), but Lamps loves him to death, so he will be a key anchor around his neck perhaps)

AC (IF reports are true and Lamps doesn't want to pull the RC buyback on Ake and instead hope that AC comes good, well, this is crazy talk IMHO)

Azpi (spent overall, utter lacking in offensive flow at RB, and seeing him at LB makes me want to look for a knife) It goes without saying 3 of our 4 fullbacks are either shit or spent

Kante (dreadful overall lately and simply not used correctly now for 2 years, I say sell him, and am fully prepared to take the heat for saying so, we will never get close to what we can now or in the summer and it simply is gaslighting to say Kante is a 100-120m MF the way we use him, he is nowhere near WC in his current role, it just is not the case, in fact he is a weak point far too often, his passing has been abysmal)

Mount (not going to fully and definitively judge him yet, but simply not good enough in key areas atm, not a creative player as of now, and Lamps is obsessed with trotting him out and keeping him on)

Willian (no issue with his play, but he is 32 in the summer and he is being worn down by so many minutes atm, he looked utterly gassed versus the turgid Seagulls)

CHO (he looks damaged, sorry, tragic but it is likely he is not going to contribute much until next year, if ever)

Tammy (too many minutes, we need a goddamn great 2nd (or co-first) striker, as we have SHIT now for options, plus Tammy is fairly one dimensional)

we can (and very likely will) do NOTHING in regards to most, if not all of these players so I expect my predictions to be judged and found to be at least partially true (if not fully) if this is indeed the core of the team we roll on with for the next year or two

7 hours ago, Henrique said:

Every game is Mount+10. Mount is also the biggest flaw in his managerial skills, I mean, anyone who thinks Mount is "essential" for this team doesn't have any clue about the game.

Its funny i just would say the opposite.

People thinking Mount don’t deserve credit don’t know a clue about football.

The boy work very hard without the ball, moving very well between the lines etc.

Saying his skills, passing and decision are weak are just a lie.

He has maybe a lack of quality in the finishing area or some bad decision yes but his style of play require a lot of energy so it’s understandable he has waste in his game.

The fact is Kovacic-Kante-Jorginho are all solid, i love the three but they are not good to score goals.

Our wingers neither, in any case not enough for wingers.

And our main problem is we can’t kill the game.

If you pull out Mount to play with Kova-Jorgi-Kante, it doesn’t help us at this moment.

Mount is determinant 1 game on 3 not bad for a kid who can improve and play his firs months in Premier League. With more work he could be even more.

The thing with Mount it’s he needs to be more rested.

Plymouth Argyle set to complete permanent signing of Josh Grant from Chelsea

The 21-year-old has been on loan to the Pilgrims for the first half of this season

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/plymouth-argyle-josh-grant-chelsea-3696045

On 02/01/2020 at 6:39 PM, kellzfresh said:

That was the exact story with Sarri too - start out with high intensity pressing and fluid attack, go on a great run, then fall off. Strong indication that the problem lies with the players that they can't keep it up for more than a few months into the season.

We need reinforcements, badly.

7 hours ago, manpe said:

That was the exact story with Sarri too - start out with high intensity pressing and fluid attack, go on a great run, then fall off. Strong indication that the problem lies with the players that they can't keep it up for more than a few months into the season.

We need reinforcements, badly.

I think it's too simplistic to say 'we need reinforcements' to solve this. Sure, you're not wrong and it will help but we have seen this played out multiple times in seasons before last. 2008/09, 2010/11, 2012/13, 2017/18 are some examples.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

I think it's too simplistic to say 'we need reinforcements' to solve this. Sure, you're not wrong and it will help but we have seen this played out multiple times in seasons before last. 2008/09, 2010/11, 2012/13, 2017/18 are some examples.

what we truly need is to learn when to cut bait and ditch shit

for far too long we cling onto dregs or ex good players who anyone with a brain could see would soon be dregs

now we are doing it all again

playing cunty-cunt with selling to Inter or Juve so we will fuck about, lose out on Chilwell, never make a move for Telles, claim the rest are too expensive and say 'DAMN, looks like Alonso and Emerson and Emergency-Azpi are it after all once again, relax it will be FINE' (pro-tip, no, no it will NOT)

now we are reportedly renewing Zouma until he is over 30 (thus no way we are selling)

Lamps not wanting to pull trigger on Ake because he thinks AC will come good (and thus Ake is gone for good, as the buyback clause expires)

dithering about over Kante (his role and also potentially cashing in as his role now is NOT working out at all) <<<< BIG ONE

all the piss-poor buys and loanee dregs who we cannot sell

hopes and prayers for CHO and RLC to recover from what could be career-wrecking injures

the INSANE lack of movement on strikers (not talking Werner as that is out of our control, we just need to buy some lower-priced upgrade for now and get Bats and Giroud the fuck off the books)<<< thsi soon changes I think, so yay!

Bats now is supposedly staying <<< THIS NEEDS TO NOT HAPPEN, it is madness to think year after year that he is ever going to be Chels material

Pedro and Willian are TOO OLD, especially IF we renew Willian

I understand Sancho is out there, but ffs, we might get Chilwell'd there too and end up with FUCKALL other than some dice roll hope and prayer or (HELL NO) an 80m Zaha calamitous buy

Mount, well I have no clue but if we toss ALL our AMF eggs into his and  the super injured RLC baskets we are again courting disaster, hopefully our academy kids come good  like Anjorin and Gallagher (wo is not an AMF anyway)

UTTER LACK OF CREATIVITY overall

Azpi is the perfect summation, along with Willian, AC, Pedro, Bats and Alonso of failing to sell players OFF when you know they are not good enough or are spent and too bloody old, worn-out

I really think Lamps is obsessed with Moussa Dembele, and I actually think he would take him over Werner or maybe even Lautaro Martinez

if Dembele turns into yet another French BUST (they are legion) we are SOOOOO fucked

if we miss out on Chilwell and refuse to buy Telles and claim Gaya and Grimaldo are too expensive (they are, especially Gaya, and I just do not rate Grimaldo that much, despite the argy-bargy this draws from his fan club) we are fucked unless there is some miracle LB rabbit/hat-pull I am missing

Same goes for Sancho, IF we do not buy smart IF we miss out on him (hint, £80m Zaha in, me OUT...of my mind)

we get those 3 massive areas wrong, and the CB's don't do what Lamps is convinced they will do, PLUS we cock-up on Kante overall

we are going to drive into big old Arsenal or worse style ditch

bad bad bad overarching methodology and zeitgeist here from the board on down

really in a mood this morning, eeeek

just sick of reading articles that re-enforce the assclown level

“Strong possibility” of loan for promising Chelsea youngster according to insider

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2020/01/strong-possibility-loan-promising-chelsea-youngster-according/

Chelsea have just beaten Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup, and there was one notable absence.

Marc Guehi had been superb in two Carabao Cup ties for us, and it seemed likely he would get at least a chance off the bench today, if not a start.

Instead Frank Lampard went with two of his senior defenders, meaning Guehi has missed another chance for first team action.

Twitter insider CareFree Youth has indicted on Twitter that a loan move for the defender for the rest of the season is now a “strong possibility”, given our cup games are out of the way and there are just 10 development squad games left in the season.

On 05/01/2020 at 11:49 PM, Vesper said:

“Strong possibility” of loan for promising Chelsea youngster according to insider

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2020/01/strong-possibility-loan-promising-chelsea-youngster-according/

Chelsea have just beaten Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup, and there was one notable absence.

Marc Guehi had been superb in two Carabao Cup ties for us, and it seemed likely he would get at least a chance off the bench today, if not a start.

Instead Frank Lampard went with two of his senior defenders, meaning Guehi has missed another chance for first team action.

Twitter insider CareFree Youth has indicted on Twitter that a loan move for the defender for the rest of the season is now a “strong possibility”, given our cup games are out of the way and there are just 10 development squad games left in the season.

carefreeyouth an insider?  Never heard so much bollocks in my life.  He knows fuck all

23 minutes ago, Vesper said:

he was correct though (as he/she normally is)

so there is that

he was, but it was already rumoured elsewhere before he "broke it".

Take zero notice of him, seriously.  He has no inside info.  Next time he tweets about a potential signing, he wont name the player, at all.   Soon as its in the media he will then make up some shit like "this is the guy i was on about, i just wasnt allowed to say anything"   He's a sad wanabe.

Never once spoke about lemar, soon as it was in the papers he said  "i knew we had asked about lemar but not sure if we have bid"   oh really, but you waited until it was in the public media before revealing that?  lol

We have a pretty soft schedule at the end of the season. If we get through February still in the top 4, I think we can finish top 4 with the players we have. I also would like to see a better winger and LB. in January. Clubs that are buying are paying WC prices for good players. I would love to see us have the bank roll to go after both Sancho and Werner, or those caliber of players in the summer.