Super Frank Thread

10 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

We sacked Jose, Carlo, Conte, Sarri and Villa Boas who had all achieved more than Lampard as a manager. If the board arent happy with results they will pull the trigger regardless. Dont be fooled to think otherwise, Lampard may be one of our greatest ever players but Di Matteo got the same treatment to be replaced by Rafa Benitez.... half a seasom after winning a CL and FA cup, nobody is unsackable here. Thats the harsh reality.

I think you missed what I was trying to say. I was emphasizing that in case of a sack I am pretty sure we would go for someone who has won a title,

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

That said, I don't think Lampard is safe no matter what and nor should he be, but it will probably take a dive into midtable to him to be under pressure this year.

I'm sure the board placed objectives for Lampard to achieve this season but at the same time, I believe the club are taking a long term view to things now rather than just focus on short term winning. Results are results but progression is also key here.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Regarding Di Matteo, people keep on forgetting Roman never wanted him as permanent manager to begin with but was forced to hire him because of fans' pressure after winning the Champions League and FA Cup.

Still the point stands. It doesnt matter who you are or what youve won, if the board arent happy they will 9 times out of 10 sack the manager if there is a better/another option avaliable. 

3 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

I think you missed what I was trying to say. I was emphasizing that in case of a sack I am pretty sure we would go for someone who has won a title,

Perhaps but Pochettino is as good as many of the top managers out there.

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Still the point stands. It doesnt matter who you are or what youve won, if the board arent happy they will 9 times.out of 10, sack you if there is a better/another option avaliable. 

Sure but the thing is, how many times can we get away with sacking the manager after 1-2 seasons? Who would want to come here? 

Sure but the thing is, how many times can we get away with sacking the manager after 1-2 seasons? Who would want to come here? 
Surely any individual that wants to make the step up and break the mold?

Even though Roman's policy is cutthroat, it's like that for a reason. Ancelotti is the only manager I can think of that was arguably sacked prematurely.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Even though Roman's policy is cutthroat, it's like that for a reason. Ancelotti is the only manager I can think of that was arguably sacked prematurely.

Roman doesn't simply sack the manager just because of bad results/performances, as Tomo mentioned above.

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Surely any individual that wants to make the step up and break the mold?

Sure but I think we're now at a point where most clubs take a long term view as opposed to focusing on short term winning. If managers know they can get time and patience elsewhere, why would they come here if they can't get some of the reassurances?

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Someone who looks forward to the money they get when they get sacked? 

I know managers always will cause a jobs a job but it be silly for someone to come with a long term plan. It has worked well in the past but luck runs out sooner or later.

I know same errors and whatever hes doing isn't working but no one could expect miracle this season. I expected from start 6th at the most..if that

It's very topsy turvy.. gone from give him time.. to hmmm.. to oh we beat Spurs he can stay to sack.. to against Arsenal not good enough to actually maybe to hmm again.

Just now, Laylabelle said:

Someone who looks forward to the money they get when they get sacked? 

I know managers always will cause a jobs a job but it be silly for someone to come with a long term plan. It has worked well in the past but luck runs out sooner or later.

I know same errors and whatever hes doing isn't working but no one could expect miracle this season. It's very topsy turvy.. gone from give him time.. to hmmm.. to oh we beat Spurs he can stay to sack.. to against Arsenal not good enough to actually maybe to hmm again.

Unless we downgrade to the likes of Pulis, Hughes, Allardyce etc, the better managers would want a bit of long term planning (e.g. 3-4 years), stability to build their team. If they're gonna get the sack over some poor results in the first season, then they might as well look elsewhere. Imagine Liverpool and Man City had sacked Klopp and Guardiola respectively over some poor results in their first seasons!

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Unless we downgrade to the likes of Pulis, Hughes, Allardyce etc, the better managers would want a bit of long term planning (e.g. 3-4 years), stability to build their team. If they're gonna get the sack over some poor results in the first season, then they might as well look elsewhere. Imagine Liverpool and Man City had sacked Klopp and Guardiola respectively over some poor results in their first seasons!

Imagine! That's the thing we've got that reputation now. Its not just our fans that discuss it you see comments from others how long till the sack etc. 

Its been a long time since we've had a manager get past 2 seasons never mind 3 or 4...I hope he gets time I really do. Not because who he is because it gets silly

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

I used to think that too about managers but I do believe there are too many managers out of work/in work who would be willing to take it on if they could move. Allegri and Pochettino are the big two right now out of work but there will be other up and coming managers as there always is. 

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

I used to think that too about managers but I do believe there are too many managers out of work/in work who would be willing to take it on if they could move. Allegri and Pochettino are the big two right now out of work but there will be other up and coming managers as there always is. 

But there are not many managers out there who you would consider top class. 

Pochettino is available but say if he has the option of Man City and us, do you think he would come here?

Allegri is a good manager but it's debatable whether he's the right manager for the job. 

2 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

I would be shocked if we sack Super Frank for Allegri or Poch.

Only Simeone would be fit for the Chelsea job.

We will support Frank im sure of it, unless we go way down of course. But if he was to be sacked I would take Simone on the spot, he like Conte and FL would get us instantly, has the passion, the know how, and can def motivate his squad. Tactically very very astute. Now some might say he is a step back and all that,, that the modern game wont suit him or Allegri.....I bet they do just fine. In any case FL is the manager and im sure he will get 2 Windows to right the ship.......Truth be told, Lamps inherited an unbalanced squad that needed serious improvement.

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

It's sad this discussion has come up already 

I've tried to deny this to myself for so long but we have a ridiculously impatient fanbase, by the far the highest in the UK.