Super Frank Thread

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Which teams will you reckon will gazump us?

Problem is we have a run of Arsenal..Leicester..Spurs and Man U coming up. We're dropping points. If not..how not lol.

Dont think we'll slide far but if by some miracle Man u get something again against Liverpool they can get closer. 

Way to early to write others off when we keep doing stupid things. Just lucky we're all bad as each other. And everyone is all dropping points together! 

I dont think our champions league run will be long so least wont have that to deal with.

8 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

This is the weird thing, because everyone else is shit. I honestly can see United overtaking us, however if they lose tomorrow we have, to some extent, got away with losing. 

Agree but with the run we have coming up.. I dont think we'll get away with it for long. Unless they all drop points when we're not playing them.

Man U have sprung up! Even if they lose tommrow it's only 5 point gap. That's not much when we have them to play.

25 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

HAHAHAHA, okay. 

Lampard clearlyfucking obviously KNOWS this team isn't good enough. For some reason, the board are clearly not willing to invest. They've decided they want to use the season to blood the youngsters. 

If they have decided to blood the youth and hence no transfers then they need to get the fuck out. That is no way to run an elite Club. We will lose plenty in CL money and it will be harder to go after quality players.

This might be a perverse thing to say but I hope the media start putting pressure on Lampard because I'm pretty sure he thinks he's fireproof. There is and I'm sorry but it has to be said a self satisfied vibe about Lampard he's been getting praise for the young players but they are now as stale as last weeks bread and it's beginning to show.

We've had some horrendous results this season I'm not expecting us to win every game but today was another awful performance and it's a worrying trend. Lets not forget before the sendings off Ajax were 4-1 up with no fans in the ground and were pissing on us we were turgid against Valencia and extremely lucky in the second leg.I'm really not looking forward to the Bayern games in fact I'm bricking it we could easily get a Spurs type caning.

He's got to go into the market it's obvious to everyone our only saving grace is everyone around is equally as shit.

29 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

If they have decided to blood the youth and hence no transfers then they need to get the fuck out. That is no way to run an elite Club. We will lose plenty in CL money and it will be harder to go after quality players.

For the umpteenth time, it's all good saying we need to sign players this month but who is actually world class/quality out there that we can sign right now? Do share some names!

Just now, Mana said:

Honestly, I'm THIS close also to scrapping this 'youth/attacking football' business. It sounds excellent and godly on paper, but when it's executed badly (like now) that's when goes to chaos and much prefer the older method that actually won us trophies.

Chelsea isn't a toy. It isn't an football academy. It is an elite football club. We are currently not acting like one.

We have a rookie manager who currently thinks this is good enough, we have a board not hiring a new DoF (this is the time we need a DoF because we can't leave a novice like Lampard knowing what to get)

And as much as I love Cech, he has done near feck all since his appointment...this window was his time to shine, and we got zilch.

I'm sick of people being short-sighted of "Let's not spend anything, wait until the summer" BS.

Basically telling me we should give up everything this season. Getting top 4 is vital, because players like Sancho won't come to us if they see us in the European Mickey Mouse Cup. So what's the point of waiting until the summer if top 4 is gone?

It also tells them we are very unstable, one season in CL, one season out.

I don't know what the feck is Chelsea Football Club anymore.

You keep on saying we need to sign players this month but aren't giving any names of players that we can realistically get when asked. 

Just now, Mana said:

Am I a scout? Why are you asking me? SURELY there are better players than Willian, Alonso, Emerson available that we can replace this window. Even for a loan. Surely.

There are not, and if they are, it would be just marginally. Which again, something we shouldn’t aspire to or else we will be caught in a cycle. 

We need genuine upgrades in quality 

Just now, Mana said:

Am I a scout? Why are you asking me? SURELY there are better players than Willian, Alonso, Emerson available that we can replace this window. Even if a loan. Surely.

No, you're not but you keep on saying we need to sign players this month when realistically, the world class/quality ones aren't available this month. But you have been persisting with the same comments and hence why I asked for names. Because if we go sign players this month, we'll most likely end up with the Zappacostas, Drinkwaters of this world again and I'm sure you won't be happy with that all. 

Just now, Mana said:

That's why I mentioned loan deals. But anyway, if we can't find better players than we have at the moment (fecking YIKES), then we have to look at Lampard. Because good coaches are suppose to make rubbish players overperform. Chris Wilder and Nuno Santo are perfect examples.

What player, that’s an upgrade on what we have, would be contempt with just a loan? Cavani wants a permanent move. 

You aren’t being realistic at all

9 minutes ago, Mana said:

Lol, we got Zappacosta in the summer, so we are NOT immune to shitty players in the summer.

The point stands. If we buy this month, we're more likely to end up with rubbish players, certainly more so than in the summer. 

10 minutes ago, Mana said:

It's simply down to good scouting. I'm pretty sure there are better players available than Alonso, Emerson and Willian but we are looking at the wrong places. These players are at best Aston Villa quality.

There are but the good ones just aren't obtainable this month. 

8 minutes ago, Mana said:

No, I'm not contempt with a loan, but if there is a player that we want, unless the player is already in a big club - we are fecking Chelsea FC we should make the move to get him. We have the money. The longer this takes, yes it WILL be harder to get somebody in because the other club will have less time to get a replacement.

Jesus, this isn't Football Manager or FIFA, where we can just go throw money at clubs and get them to sell their best players immediately. 

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

But will these rubbish players overperform for Lampard? That could be the difference. Because whatever this club is doing right now...isn't working. We are one United winning run away from out of the top 4. 

The others - Spurs, Arsenal, United - are just as inconsistent as us. You say United are one winning run away from us being out of the Top 4. Equally, we're one winning run away from being pretty much guaranteed to finish in the Top 4.

7 minutes ago, Mana said:

But will these players be obtainable....ever?

You can't just expect these players to be available in the summer and they would come to us, especially when we have no Champions League football. 

CL football is so important for the club. I don't care if we not challenging for CL, being in it is so important. It could play a HUGE part this coming summer.

Equally, you just can't expect clubs to sell their best players or players to just ditch their club when they have targets to achieve this month. It's not a straightforward thing as you're making it out to be. 

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

I'm not worried about the North London clubs catching us up. It's Man United.

Be honest with yourself. Do you see Chelsea (especially when CL returns) start a winning run? It was all good in the beginning, but the kids are tiring out and have become more inconsistent than ever. I don't honestly see Chelsea getting a winning run again with the current squad. We asked for too much on these kids.

United are getting Bruno. Now it's not enough for them to beat everyone left, right and centre, but they would have strengthened. And they are already 5 points below us.

United haven't even got any kind of winning run this season and you suddenly expect them to do so in these last few months? Their longest winning run this season is just 3, we managed at least 7. And United don't exactly have an experienced squad either. 

If you have been following Sky Sports a lot recently, then yeah United are 1000000% getting Bruno. Other more reliable reports are saying they don't agree with the price Sporting are asking etc. Also it seems to me like you're just panicking over clubs making signings as opposed to making sure we actually sign the right players and not just sign players for the sake of them. 

26 minutes ago, Mana said:

At least try. Do something. I want Sky Sports to know that Chelsea are doing their best to get players. I don't want the board to just sit there and say, "Sancho? Nah, can't get him this isn't FIFA. Maybe the summer."

Are you taking the piss here? Very bizarre post... what has sky sports got to do with anything?

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

Funny enough, as long we continue to be inconsistent this way, a winning run of 3 will be enough to knock us off.

Honestly? If someone like Chris Wilder was managing United, United will be easily be 4th. Ole is one of the worst managers in the PL with his terrible novice coaching staff....yet they are only 5 points behind us and ahead of Mourinho.

They aren't experienced (correct you are), but they have much better looking attack.

United have a much better attack? Really? For starters, they have scored less than us in the league and it's well known that United don't have a clue on how to attack if teams sit back and defend against them. Don't give them time and space and they are basically just like us against Newcastle today. They are only good when teams have a go at them, which is why their results against the big teams have been better than against the smaller teams.

4 minutes ago, Mana said:

The talks have stalled, but if United really want him, they will in the end go for it. If they back out now, they are clowns because this is the 2nd time they backed out of Bruno.

If they really want him, then why aren't they willing to pay the fee Sporting want now? Why are they hesitating over it?