Super Frank Thread

It's worth noting that Derby have been struggling under Phillip Cocu this season. Sure they have lost players like Mount, Tomori and some others who did well for them last season but they have also brought in some new ones and Cocu hasn't managed to get them going (currently 15th in the table). 

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard hits out at Roy Keane after Man Utd legend’s brutal assessment

Frank Lampard says Roy Keane has got it wrong believing that young English managers are given more leeway.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1231041/Chelsea-news-Frank-Lampard-Roy-Keane-Man-Utd-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer

“Frank Lampard has lost eight games, but for some reason, Frank is doing alright, because he is English,” Keane said while deflecting criticism from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

“Frank’s track record, his CV, he went to Derby, he didn’t get promoted. But Frank has got all the answers for Chelsea…”

“That’s the moment my ears pricked up,” Lampard revealed.

snip

My view on Lampard is the same as to what it was in the summer when he was my first choice to replace Sarri.

The position that the club was in with the transfer embargo, losing Hazard, etc, it needed a manager that was willing to make big decisions which may have short term ramifications to build and establish a longer term plan for the club. Lampard would be prepared to do this because he wants the club to be successful whether he's manager or not.

If Sarri had stayed or another continental manager had come in, I'm 90% sure that they would have leaned on the experienced players to get us through this season - Luiz, Azpi, Alonso, Pedro, Willian, Giroud. We would have come out of this season with half our first team the wrong side of 30 and the squad in desperate need of refreshing.

The injection of the young players into the side has helped freshen things up this season and it doesn't look anywhere near as stale. Of course we still need some signings in key areas but the squad feels in a much better position than it did 6 months ago.

Whether Lampard is the right man to continue to improve us and get us back to winning trophies and challenging for the league again is up for debate because he's still so inexperienced himself. There's an inconsistency about him and a number of high points balanced out with low points this season, very similar to our younger players. I think like our younger players he needs time and patience and as long as there is a form of progression over time, I don't see any reason why the club shouldn't give him at least a couple of seasons to try and build and mould this team and the younger players in the squad when Liverpool and City are comfortably the two dominant teams in the league, and not likely to change over the next couple of years at least.

But what I hope at the very least what Lampard has done is shifted the culture of the club to not be afraid to give the academy players opportunities and look to integrate them into the first team. It's a key component to being able to be more aggressive in the transfer market over the next coming windows.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Jesus what a panel Morrison and Merson two of the thickest footballers ever and that's saying something. They should start a double act and call themselves Laurel and Retardy.

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Jesus what a panel Morrison and Merson two of the thickest footballers ever and that's saying something. They should start a double act and call themselves Laurel and Retardy.

I lost IQ just watching that for 3 minutes

Image result for black girl cry gif

1 minute ago, Nicco said:

This guy can't coach a player to save his life, made every single one of them worse. Tomori mysteriously dissipated from the team, clueless Championship manager.

Same was said of Sarri. 

Now his team is in first in the league of Italy. 

I think the team sucks just that. Because it's same issue since Mourinho. We always do bad around this time, with Mourinho, Conte, Sarri and now Lampard. 

So it's not the managers but the mediocre players we have. 

Any new manager we get it will be the same just like Sarri and others. Do good at the beginning and then fade away during these times. 

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

How can we share points with the worst Arsenal squad in decades. At the Bridge. In fact, it looked like Arsenal were in complete control! 

They had two shots all game.

I know you like to overhype Arsenal but you're really taking the piss here.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

And that's how shit we are - they had two shots all game and we still couldn't beat them. It really truly is the worst Chelsea side defensively in my memory.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

That the thing.. 2 shots..2 goals. They came from behind twice with 10 men.

We had 19 shots...2 goals..One of those was a penalty. It's like Saturday all over again. Dont take your chances it'll cost you. 

We need that spark and need it desperately cause what we have isn't always working

4 minutes ago, Mana said:

Two shots, two goals. Ruthless.

Doesn't mean they dominated.

You kept putting down our win at The Emirates because it only occured because of a mistake, surprise surprise that you're changing the goalposts when it's a mistake that cost us!

3 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

And that's how shit we are - they had two shots all game and we still couldn't beat them. It really truly is the worst Chelsea side defensively in my memory.

By that logic Barca were shit in 2012.