Super Frank Thread

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Spoilt by all the short term success, I guess...

I think it may be the Jose mark one and to an extent Conte's tenure's are coming back to haunt us a bit now, both basically clicked their fingers got us success which gave the impression that it should happen straight away or it's failure. 

Know grand scheme of things its minor but do think whoever put him on December on the calander was a bit optimistic. 

Know managers dont always work out and sometimes you do have to say byeeeee but he had so much against him from the start. Experience and ban. Seems daft to hire.. expect miracles and be surprised when it isn't plain sailing. That's why do think be given more time than usual. I expected us at the start to finish top 6 if they so not shocked.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think it may be the Jose mark one and to an extent Conte's tenure's are coming back to haunt us a bit now, both basically clicked their fingers got us success which gave the impression that it should happen straight away or it's failure. 

Or Ancelotti, Hiddink 1.0, Di Matteo...all won trophies within a season or months after taking the job. 

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

But there are not many managers out there who you would consider top class. 

Pochettino is available but say if he has the option of Man City and us, do you think he would come here?

Allegri is a good manager but it's debatable whether he's the right manager for the job. 

Tbf, Allegri would of been my first choice when it was clear Sarri was going last summer. Whether or not he would of wanted to come here is another story, as hes been linked with Real, Barca, Bayern among others. 

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf, Allegri would of been my first choice when it was clear Sarri was going last summer. Whether or not he would of wanted to come here is another story, as hes been linked with Real, Barca, Bayern among others. 

Same.

Getting linked and actually wanted are two different things. He has been learning English and is seemingly eyeing a job in the Premier League. 

37 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Absolutely not.

We've spent the last two years trying to progress to a more expansive style of football and now wasting all that work and reverting back to low block would mean we've literally wasted two years.

Furthermore, we can kiss goodbye to a league title for a very long time if we appoint Simeone, he can't win it against caricature versions of Real and Barca and you think he'd have the consistency to beat City and Liverpool? 

Even if Frank doesn't prove to be good enough the way he's operating will mean he'd leave a platform for someone who will.

We're still in a position where we have players from the Conte/Mourinho era that aren't suited to how Sarri and now Lampard want us to play.

That's why some people are preaching for time and patience because we cannot make such a drastic shift in style and philosophy within a year or two. It'll likely take 3-4 years to really bear fruit because the player turnover and culture shift won't be immediate.

If we went back to Simeone we would have half of the players who suit that style still here but mostly ageing and/or spent the last season or two out of favour, and the other half which are mostly our younger and expensive players no longer suited.

We have to keep following through with this for the next season or two and see where we're at then. I believe we'll be in a far better position by then compared to now.

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

We're still in a position where we have players from the Conte/Mourinho era that aren't suited to how Sarri and now Lampard want us to play.

That's why some people are preaching for time and patience because we cannot make such a drastic shift in style and philosophy within a year or two. It'll likely take 3-4 years to really bear fruit because the player turnover and culture shift won't be immediate.

If we went back to Simeone we would have half of the players who suit that style still here but mostly ageing and/or spent the last season or two out of favour, and the other half which are mostly our younger and expensive players no longer suited.

We have to keep following through with this for the next season or two and see where we're at then. I believe we'll be in a far better position by then compared to now.

Although this will probably class as an unpopular opinion these days I don't think we are as far away as people think, I strongly fancy us to be the next team not named City or Liverpool to win the league.

A good thing about having a number of young players is they naturally progress that at times it can feel all off a sudden you have an upgrade signing out of nowhere, for example Reece James soon as he gets more upto speed with a bit more consistency all of a sudden that alone makes us stronger and if that comes at a similar time we get in a dynamic left back in then even better.

32 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Although this will probably class as an unpopular opinion these days I don't think we are as far away as people think, I strongly fancy us to be the next team not named City or Liverpool to win the league.

A good thing about having a number of young players is they naturally progress that at times it can feel all off a sudden you have an upgrade signing out of nowhere, for example Reece James soon as he gets more upto speed with a bit more consistency all of a sudden that alone makes us stronger and if that comes at a similar time we get in a dynamic left back in then even better.

I agree, you only have to look at the sudden emergence of Loftus Cheek last season that a number of these younger players could do something similar.

It is vital to get the recruitment right in January and the summer. If we can hit a home-run with 2 or 3 signings on top of what we have we'll be moving really positively in the right direction.

I am sorry but I REALLY have to question what game Lamps was watching

http://londonfootballnews.co.uk/chelsea/lampard-unhappy-after-draw-but-picks-three-chelsea-players-out-for-praise/

snip

While Chelsea’s overall display was below par, Lampard praised N’Golo Kante, Antonio Rudiger and keeper Kepa Arrizabalaga for their performances.

He said: “There were actually some really standout performances, particularly Kante...........

smdh

Kante was poor again

I can see this is going to became an issue here in regards to me if Kante keeps playing poorly and yet is not only continuously rammed down the lineups throat (same for Mount as well) but then praised afterwards as a standout player performance-wise

I have never before made the jump to saying he is playing poorly so much as I have at times, (many times TBF), questioned his role (starting with Sarri)

but he is making so many basic errors lately, especially poor passing and not winning the ball back to anywhere near the level we have all come to expect

the entire team was magnificent versus Spuds, but other than that game there has been so much spotty play, deffo Kante included, of late

53 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I am sorry but I REALLY have to question what game Lamps was watching

http://londonfootballnews.co.uk/chelsea/lampard-unhappy-after-draw-but-picks-three-chelsea-players-out-for-praise/

snip

smdh

Kante was poor again

I can see this is going to became an issue here in regards to me if Kante keeps playing poorly and yet is not only continuously rammed down the lineups throat (same for Mount as well) but then praised afterwards as a standout player performance-wise

I have never before made the jump to saying he is playing poorly so much as I have at times, (many times TBF), questioned his role (starting with Sarri)

but he is making so many basic errors lately, especially poor passing and not winning the ball back to anywhere near the level we have all come to expect

the entire team was magnificent versus Spuds, but other than that game there has been so much spotty play, deffo Kante included, of late

I have come to the conclusion in the last few weeks out of our CM three the combination of Kova/Kante and Kova/Jorgi work well but Jorgi/Kante doesn't, like atall.

I'd go as far as saying Barkley/Jorgi is a better combination.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

But Telles hasn't been mentioned, only Chilwell for the LB spot. 

As for the ST spot, god knows at this point...

IF Pep stays at Shitty this summer, Chilwell will go there I am afraid

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/ben-chilwell-transfer-news-chelsea-man-city-leicester-city-1352370

Leicester’s negotiating position is strengthened by the fact that Chilwell signed a new contract in October which ties him to the club until 2024.

i has been told that Leicester have a strict policy of allowing only one key player to leave the club each year. It is a strategy that aims to maintain squad cohesion and strength, and one that has clearly borne fruit.

Chilwell, i understands, wants to see if City manager Pep Guardiola ­remains in charge beyond the ­summer before making any decision on his future.

It is unclear if Guardiola intends to remain at City beyond the end of this season, but the Spaniard has recently indicated that he will stay until the end of his current contract, which expires in 2021, and that he is open to the possibility of extending his deal.

snip

i has been told that Leicester have a strict policy of allowing only one key player to leave the club each year.

So, if Chilwell leaves, Maddison may stay

also, watch Leicester turn around and grab Telles for 32m after getting 80ish million for Chilwell

they will not only block us, but still have a great pair of fullbacks AND make around 50m in profit

it is going to come down perhaps to us dropping 100m euros on Gaya (will never happen) or dropping 60m on Grimaldo

or buying potential dregs as filler

or simply rolling on with the 2 shit LB's we have now and/or play 17yo atm Maatsen through a trial by fire (madness)

Alex Sandro turns 30 in a year

David Alaba turns 28 the end of June, so this is absolutely the last year he should be looked at, and Bayern will still demand insane money for him, closer to Gaya level than Grimaldo (who is NOT cheap) level

Theo Hernandez has said he loves Milan and will not leave

Marcel Halstenberg turns 29 the end of summer, so is too old to buy for the type of money RB would demand

Real Madrid will not sell Sergio Reguilón (who has potential, but is not at the level of those listed above) only if we dangle Kante as part of some monster deal, which is unlikely

I still do not know which (it only said the club was in the top 5 in the standings on Dec 21, which means us, Shitty, Victimpool, Leicester or Spuds/Manure as I am not sure who was the 5th, I think spuds) bid 30m euros (£25m) for the 18 year old Rayan Aït Nouri from Angers. A case could be made for any of the 6

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Roman doesn't simply sack the manager just because of bad results/performances, as Tomo mentioned above.

I never said he did, but that is clearly the leading factor. He isn't exactly going to sack a manager if they're delivering trophies consistently.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Sure but I think we're now at a point where most clubs take a long term view as opposed to focusing on short term winning. If managers know they can get time and patience elsewhere, why would they come here if they can't get some of the reassurances?

Where's elsewhere at this point (EPL anyway)?

Arsenal & United aren't exactly giving managers ample time since both their long term managers stepped down. Results are arguably more important than ever right now, with the amount money at stake. 

14 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Arsenal & United aren't exactly giving managers ample time since both their long term managers stepped down. 

United most certainly have done, the fact Ole doesn't appear to even be in danger of the sack is absolute madness.

No other big club would have let him get past caretaker.

38 minutes ago, Tomo said:

United most certainly have done, the fact Ole doesn't appear to even be in danger of the sack is absolute madness.

No other big club would have let him get past caretaker.

What happened to Sir Alex's second coming, Moyes?

Ole still being in a job has little relevance to the route United have gone down since 2013. In case you weren't aware, they are currently on their FOURTH permanent manager (can throw Giggs' cameo in to add more fuel) in that time.

Frank had us playing some nice stuff early In the season but recently these bunch of asswipes look out of ideas. I'm not judging Frank fully until he's had his way in the transfer market. How can anyone judge a manger when he is trying to motivate these clowns to play nice football. They dont have the ability to play top football, it's pointless trying. They struggle with the very basics... like playing a through ball lol. This is simply because they shouldn't be playing here.

7 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I never said he did, but that is clearly the leading factor. He isn't exactly going to sack a manager if they're delivering trophies consistently.

But most of the managers had won trophies and still got sacked anyway (a lot of them asked for it). 

7 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Where's elsewhere at this point (EPL anyway)?

Arsenal & United aren't exactly giving managers ample time since both their long term managers stepped down. Results are arguably more important than ever right now, with the amount money at stake. 

Liverpool? Man City? Maybe even Spurs when Pochettino was still there? 

Obviously results are important but the team's progress on the pitch is also important. That's why Klopp, Guardiola have been in their job for years while Pochettino was at Spurs for like 5 years.

Emery simply got the sack because he was getting them nowhere. Had a decent first season but failed to build on it, this after spending a lot of money in the transfer window (something which Lampard hasn't even been able to do). Results got worse, performances got worse, Emery didn't know his best XI and best system and hell, he didn't even know what he wanted his Arsenal to be like. The word was that Arsenal wanted to evaluate Emery at the end of the season but his position became untenable once it became clear that he had no idea how to reverse their fortunes.

With United, I don't even think they have a clue what they want to be considering they have hired four different kind of managers since Fergie. Moyes got the sack because he was just clueless - like Hodgson was at Liverpool - and his subsequent job failures proved it. Van Gaal and Mourinho won trophies but there was no progress under either of them, despite having spent millions. Solskjaer will likely follow suit somewhere down the line but Woodward has backed himself into a corner by publicly backing Solskjaer.