test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Man City 6-0 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   10 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Luiz
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Barkley
    • Kante
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Higuain
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

728 posts in this topic
Just now, milan.cech said:

Conte was right! Suffer without the ball! All hail Conte!

We were embarassing that day. But what are we today?

I can't decide which is worse, TBH.

Just now, Jason said:

We have gotten the most joy when playing on the counter against Guardiola's sides, including the reverse fixture. So why have we gone and tried to play them in an open game, especially when we have been in poor form of late?! 

I agree, should have been more defensive. I like Sarri but we are far to brave today. Should have been more defensive. City simply blitzed us and forget Alonso . Azpi, Luis and Ruddiger lose all their battle that was the problem. 

FabHazard likes this

The fans have been screaming for Hudson Odoi and RLC and Emerson.

Maybe we wouldn't have been winning with these three but good chance there would be more phases of play in the City box and would create actual trouble at the back for City.

Sigh. I just hope this season can be salvaged now

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

The league was stronger at the top back then IMO. We displaced the Arsenal invinclibles and SAF had  great team too. Maybe over the course of the season this City team would collect more points but in a single game or a two-legged fixture, I would trust a prime Mourinho with a prime Lampard, flanked by Robben and Drogba up front to grind out a result vs them. Pep has shown that his teams are vulnerable to elite class counter attacking teams, albeit they are a juggernaut vs teams who give them space or just cant defend like us today.

Absolutely no chance, mate. The Invincibles were on their last legs and that United team was average by United standards. The league is much much stronger now.

communicate, Stats, DYC. and 1 other like this

3 big goals came from individual errors. 

I seem poor quality vs a poor system more than anything. 

That said, starting Alonso and Barkley on the same side, let alone starting either one of them, is down to Sarri. 

First goal killed us mentally. And we already dealing with a mentally weak group. 

The gameplan for Sarri second half should be get 5 players sent off and forfeit the game at 3-0. Sarri don't have a plan B. Here is a dramatic one. Will help us not fall behind Arsenal on GD too.

Johnnyeye, Henrique and Vesper like this

Something has to give soon. Sarri or half the team. I vote BOTH. Hazard is insane if he doesn't leave (if he gives a shit about trophies.) I am at a loss, as the board (in its curreent state) clearly doesn't understand football basics.

Just now, Strike said:

The fans have been screaming for Hudson Odoi and RLC and Emerson.

Maybe we wouldn't have been winning with these three but good chance there would be more phases of play in the City box and would create actual trouble at the back for City.

Sigh. I just hope this season can be salvaged now

the only way we can salvage this season is winning the league cup or Europa cup or and the FA Cup. - with Sarri's system never going to happen. no plan b no chance.

Johnnyeye likes this

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I am asking myself the same. Esp after Sarri beat Pep at the Bridge with a fairly defensive tactic why is going all out to play at the Etihad? Sure the early goal killed our gameplan anyway but we looked fairly proactive in the first 2 mins anyway. Liverpool in the CL created the perfect blueprint how beat them as we did in our 2nd half performance. We might still have lost but not by that margin.

Liverpool won that game by win the ball high from city and scored. Today we were far too open. But our cb performance was shocking. 

Johnnyeye likes this

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I can't decide which is worse, TBH.

What? Losing 10-0 is worse than 1-0, no matter how you play. City could score 10 in the first half If they were willing to.

Johnnyeye likes this

Just now, zinctek said:

the only way we can salvage this season is winning the league cup or Europa cup or and the FA Cup. - with Sarri's system never going to happen. no plan b no chance.

How ?

Johnnyeye and Vesper like this

relax guys we had almost half of the possession , If we can get that up to about 55 I reckon sarri will start planning the open bus parade

Johnnyeye likes this

Just now, cosmicway said:

How ?

how? like i said winning the 3 cups we are in.  Never going to happen 

1 minute ago, zinctek said:

But even winning the bloody League Cup or FA Cup will not salvage our self-destructive season. No chance. Tinpot cups.

bigbluewillie likes this