• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, mannyfreshh said:

Alonso Moses rudiger, Christiansen, bakayoko are not good enough 

For me Christensen is extremely talented but still young and raw. Recent weeks have shown he needs time and patience like any young player because they will go through spells of inconsistent performances.

Rudiger has steadily improved and probably been the only player we brought in the summer to take real credit.

They have both shown more than enough to persevere with as they should both get better.

Defenders improve with experience - unlike forwards who shine from the beginning if they are good enough.
So let's be hopeful about Christensen and Rudiger.
For me Alonso-Moses have had it. Cesc-Azpi-Pedro are getting old.
Baka and Morata, well.
Drinkwater, Barkley are small fry and Giroud is not the man to answer any problems by the looks of it (looks like a Falcao case).
That's a big list.

Devastating result but the result represents the gap in quality. They have an identity and know how to play and hard to say but they are on another level to us right now. Although Azpi, Christensen and Rudiger are good defenders, when they all play in one defence, there is a lack of physicality and can be bullied easily by other teams. They are quite on the lightweight side. Espec Azpi and Christensen. You just think what would have been, if Moses had cleared that ball to Willian but he fucked up and Spurs took over from there. It is worrying though how we play well against bigger teams for about half hour then completely get undone. Arsenal, United, Spurs, Roma... the team just seems to lack the sharpness over 90 mins.

This loss has all but diminished any hope of us getting into top 4, however it is the results against much inferior teams that have let us down and has given us virtually no chance of reaching the top 4. So much work needs to be done over the summer.

28 years.... Guess had to end at some point but really?! 

Listening to it on the radio was painful.. 

Spurs have stepped up a lot unfortunately. Think when they lost the league before it was predicted that was that. Except they keep going and and now way above us. All changed.. 

Surprised at the shtick Christensen and Rudiger are getting. They were OK but the team completely collapsed once again after a strong start. It seems the team can't keep up with the intensity of pressing for 90 mins and has periods where players simply fall back. 

Not upgrading the wingbacks and signing Bakayoko has cost the club this season. No Champions League, No Conte, Possibly No Hazard. Its looking as bad as it can get. . 

I hope the club is not indecisive again in the transfer market but if January was any indication, I don't have much hope. 

more of the same i see, cant say im suprised, gutless and wortless bunch, not Chelsea quality at all, some of these players dont deserve to wear the shirt, manager has given up long time ago. Its always the same with this club, win the league, but instead of building on from that, we take 2 steps back, we severely lack ambition and drive to move forward, it all comes down to the board, they lack long term footballing vision, when you think we had the likes of Salah, De Bruyne, Mata, Lukaku, Filipe Luis, Schurle, Matic, Costa, etc, most of them leaving the club during Mou's 2nd stint, when you think about it, we could be looking at a top team for many years, in the end we simply failed to replace any of them after they left, its impossible for any manager to work under these conditions, clearly something has to change, not even Guardiola would last here. Just to sum it all, horrible season from tranfers to performances, top 4 pretty much settled, im not even expecting us to win FA Cup, just cant wait for this season to end so i can watch the World Cup. Cheers and sorry for the long post

False hope had we won this - Maybe this result is for the best. Painful because it was Spurs and we always want to see Chelsea win, but maybe another season out of the Champions League could be a wake up call for the board. City are moving forward at fast pace and we've even fallen behind Spurs and Liverpool !!! United will always pump money into this team and Arsenal for sure will only get better after Wenger's tenure will end. 

If a yes man is appointed with no clear philosophy that is ready to accept transfers of 10 players worth 200M in total instead of 2-3 world class ones for the same amount then I am lost for words...

I was at the game at the Bridge when they last beat us 28 years ago it had to end sometime but it still hurts like fuck. I've said on this forum before that our younger fans are beginning to realise why us older fans hate Spurs so much. They are our number one rivals going back to the cup final in 1967 and now after finally beating us at the Bridge they are going to be insufferable they really will believe they are now the team in London despite having a trophy cabinet emptier than a hermits address book.

I'm going to have to emigrate if they beat us in the Cup Final hopefully the special needs one will have something up his sleeve. As for yesterday well lets be honest none of us can be surprised our form in 2018 is just appalling and  I think a parting of the ways in the Summer is inevitable and frankly the right decision and that includes half the team and even though he didn't play yesterday that includes our egocentric keeper with the ski slope nose.

1 hour ago, petre.ispirescu said:

but maybe another season out of the Champions League could be a wake up call for the board.

How many times have we heard ourselves say this season after season? It's just not gonna happen. If the bigger disaster of 2015/16 didn't teach them anything, then nothing ever will. We'll just have to suck it up and accept that our short period as a top European club has come to an end. Was fun while it lasted though, some really good memories there. :')

7 hours ago, manpe said:

How many times have we heard ourselves say this season after season? It's just not gonna happen. If the bigger disaster of 2015/16 didn't teach them anything, then nothing ever will. We'll just have to suck it up and accept that our short period as a top European club has come to an end. Was fun while it lasted though, some really good memories there. :')

it makes me so sad to think that we had a real identity back in those days, a force to be reckoned with in europe and in the league, we had real men leading the team not primmadonas like today. We never really replaced the spine that made us a driving force for many years, Cech, Lampard, Terry, Joe Cole, Drogba, A.Cole, Ballack, Essien, etc. im talking about big characters in the team, with footballing brain and ability, who gave their all and never gave up no matter what, when the going got tough you could always count on them to show up, but nowadays we have many gutless cowards and cry babies. Cheers

4 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Pains to say it but Spurs have literally outplayed us in every game in the Conte era. Is that an exaggeration, I don't think so. The only thing is in this game they got the result their football deserves. 

They still hadn't beaten us at home since 1990 with Lineker though which is impressive. And they are still shitcunts, so that also hasn't changed.

51 minutes ago, Mana said:

You know. I noticed no one here actually criticized this player that played throughout the game. And he is the worst player on the pitch.

Yes we all know that Hazard, Morata, the damn-AWFUL Moses, Fabregas and Alonso were abysmal but at least these players tried to show something.

What did Willian do? The fact that no one is talking about him shows how invisible he was. Our best player in our last few games, was definitely the worst against Spuds.

Willian reverted to his usual self. Stepping and dwelling on the ball, not making runs and not being direct. Basically just being a passing option and that's it, like our wing-backs more often than not are mere passing options when mid is congested. It was really a normal performance from him, even though I can't remember him doing anything, but that's normal so I didn't take much note of it.

On 4/1/2018 at 7:13 PM, Mana said:

Fecking THIS.

How CAN you put fecking Moses, Giroud, Alonso, Morata, Fabregas, Bakabambi in the same (or better) level as Spuds and Pool players who play in similar positions?? Please explain.

There's many players at both Liverpool and Spurs that are on that level or worse on paper. Look at the Liverpool team that smashed arguably the best team in Europe that night, would you honestly put Karius, Alexander Arnold, Lovren, Henderson, Milner, Solanke above those players you mentioned (Baka aside)? I certainly wouldn't.