Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea 1-3 Spurs


Jase
 Share
Followers 2

Man of the Match  

11 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

    • Caballero
      0
    • Moses
      0
    • Azpilicueta
      0
    • Christensen
      0
    • Rudiger
      1
    • Alonso
      0
    • Kante
      9
    • Fabregas
      0
    • Willian
      0
    • Hazard
      1
    • Morata
      0
    • Giroud (sub)
      0
    • Palmieri (sub)
      0
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
      0


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, milan.cech said:

In no way did we deserve to come closer to top 4, the clubs are miles ahead. Tottenham are much much better than us (but still losing to them at home is not acceptable).

Pathetic 2nd half. AGAIN. No motivation, no drive, nothing extra in the side. Just finish the season and focus on WC, that is in their heads. We are broken.

they ain't better than us.... stop that narrative....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, eemanyooel said:

they ain't better than us.... stop that narrative....

Whatever makes you sleep well :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cosmicway said:

Could be that Antonio was overrated after last year's success.
But it's a joke to put it down on him or to imagine that someone else can at this stage of the proceedings do anything.

70% blame on the board for not backing him.....But he still has a fairly handy squad to work with, and he lost some handy games during the season. His apparent lack of enthusiasm for the fight and his constant public moaning  over the board decisions has definitely rubbed off on the players.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The season is gone alright.
But the rebuild required is huge and it's what worries me.
We need a massive injection and another thing that has to be taken into account is that expensive transfers sometimes fail (like Shev back in 2008).

Link to post
Share on other sites

The worst thing is that this season could still be worse - if we beat Saints, we have Spurs or United in the cup final :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cosmicway said:

The season is gone alright.
But the rebuild required is huge and it's what worries me.
We need a massive injection and another thing that has to be taken into account is that expensive transfers sometimes fail (like Shev).

Finishing out of the top 4 is not alright Cosmic. It's not alright at all even if we want to claim this is a transition season or whatever. This season has been an utter failure in every way imagineable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, milan.cech said:

The worst thing is that this season could still be worse - if we beat Saints, we have Spurs or United in the cup final :D 

And we have a manager who has lost in virtually every cup final he's played in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As painful as this defeat is, it's not even surprising at all, which I guess sums up the state of us right now. Have never felt more disconnected to the club - no direction or leadership from the board. have a manager who has long given up. have a squad of players who not only lack the quality but are also spineless. It's clear that no one gives a shit anymore these days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MrExcalibur100 said:

Finishing out of the top 4 is not alright Cosmic. It's not alright at all even if we want to claim this is a transition season or whatever. This season has been an utter failure in every way imagineable. 

That's what I said. The season is gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Redknap revelling in the win and drooling over the goals with Alli and Ericksen. The prick never finished a game in his life. I wonder if we had won would he interview our players

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing Son and Alli celebrating like that in Stamford bridge is painful....A disgrace...Rebuilding is needed ..Lack of ambition ..How can a club like this lose ambition?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch PSG steal Tuchel from under our noses while we go for another manager with work man like, defensive coaching philosophy. We're in limbo at the moment. A club with no leadership, identity or direction. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Before their second we were inviting them to take shots and Caballero performed heroics.
Then nobody was covering anyone.
We played some football after the 1-3.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Today mirrored the season as a whole. Decent at times but overall not good enough.

Conte, like Jose imo, hasn't wantedto be here this season which has caused significant problems. It's also clear some of the signings he doesn't trust or believe in which cannot be good for morale and confidence.

Big players i believe this season have failed to step up. Courtois and azpilicueta have both been below par at times, cahill has embarrassed as captain, luiz has been injury and error prone in equal measures. Pedro and hazard have both not reached last seasons performances and morata has just had a terrible spell.

But the board have to finally start taking sone responsibility and decide what they want to do. If they don't want to compete in the transfer market anymore they have to have patience to rebuild over 2-3 seasons and likely lose the likes of hazard and courtois. If they want to compete again then we need 3 - 4 top drawer players and to make sure we also retain our best too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Today mirrored the season as a whole. Decent at times but overall not good enough.

Conte, like Jose imo, hasn't wantedto be here this season which has caused significant problems. It's also clear some of the signings he doesn't trust or believe in which cannot be good for morale and confidence.

Big players i believe this season have failed to step up. Courtois and azpilicueta have both been below par at times, cahill has embarrassed as captain, luiz has been injury and error prone in equal measures. Pedro and hazard have both not reached last seasons performances and morata has just had a terrible spell.

But the board have to finally start taking sone responsibility and decide what they want to do. If they don't want to compete in the transfer market anymore they have to have patience to rebuild over 2-3 seasons and likely lose the likes of hazard and courtois. If they want to compete again then we need 3 - 4 top drawer players and to make sure we also retain our best too.

I don't know about Courtois. Begovitch was fine and Caballero is a good keeper.
With your logic we are going to lose Hazard anyway because he will become 30.
Overall transferwise we resemble a club in economic crisis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

they ain't better than us.... stop that narrative....

They just proved they are and they are also proving it in the table. It doesn't matter at all that on paper we could be better (even that is arguable, their midfield and attack shits on us), what matters is that we are not. I know acceptance is hard, but we are not Spurs or Liverpool level, they have overtaken us by some distance.

 

Shambles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, manpe said:

They just proved they are and they are also proving it in the table. It doesn't matter at all that on paper we could be better (even that is arguable, their midfield and attack shits on us), what matters is that we are not. I know acceptance is hard, but we are not Spurs or Liverpool level, they have overtaken us by some distance.

 

Shambles.

Spurs are better alright but they failed again to impress me as a team of the highest caliber.
Only City really.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...