Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

7 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Its amazing the lads already been with us 10 years. A

Thats why I think our academy teams win so much. Theyve been together since they were children.

A little like a certain Barcelona team that made Europe look like a training facility.

Best attacker today no doubt, but curious game from him.

He was all over Bellerin in the Arsenal game, but seemed to flinch a bit against Walker as if he wasn't sure of his own ability to beat him. Very cautious about not putting a foot wrong.. He did beat him twice (as mentioned in the above post).

And again, have to remember this is still a 17 yr old we are talking about.

Shameful that we had to pin our hopes on him for this match...such is the quality of the surrounding players.

A brilliant performance again for a 17 year old, and can show us that if we have a shit or below average season, we can use it for an example for youth kids to set a stage. CHO, Bulka, both impressed and become possible squad options just from an exceptional preseason.

8 hours ago, the wes said:

play Hudson odoi and Ampadu in Europa league group stage games 

I would play Hudson-Odoi in the league definitely. He is good enough. We just need to manage him correctly and ensure he does not get burned out.

3 hours ago, Stats said:

I would play Hudson-Odoi in the league definitely. He is good enough. We just need to manage him correctly and ensure he does not get burned out.

Definitely.. not in the starting XI though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sarri said he wanted 2 wingers on the bench. Willian/Pedro and CHO, problem solved. What the fuck is Moses still doing here riding the bench and blocking the path of CHO? He's an average winger and not a full-back, he only fitted Conte's system and that's it. Need to get rid and promote CHO to his place.

3 minutes ago, manpe said:

Sarri said he wanted 2 wingers on the bench. Willian/Pedro and CHO, problem solved. What the fuck is Moses still doing here riding the bench and blocking the path of CHO? He's an average winger and not a full-back, he only fitted Conte's system and that's it. Need to get rid and promote CHO to his place.

CHO is a 17 years old kid while Moses has played over 200 games in the Premier League, so it"s Callum's job to overtake Moses. We're gonna have 6 Europa League matches and some Carabao Cup matches this autumn where CHO will play, so he'll have oppurtinities to mark his name.

6 minutes ago, manpe said:

Experience is a tired argument, by that logic Cahill deserves to play ahead of AC. CHO is better, that's enough.

Moses was a starter for Chelsea for 2 years and he has been around since 2012. if CHO is really better he will prove itt in EL and Carabao Cup and he will overtake Moses so there is no reason to be impatient. If he is really that good he wll make it here.

I would have thought that CHOs game against the north London team had shown Sarri that he can do the job. I understand that Pedro has got his feet firmly under the table and Eden will obviously be 1st on the left but to have Willian after his pouting again Saturday instead of him I think is wrong.

But right now in Sarri I trust.

But personally I wouldn't give him a payrise or a contract extension unless it would get us more money when we sold him.

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

Moses was a starter for Chelsea for 2 years

Under a completely different system as a wing back which we dont use (and he had his problems doing that)  and see no space anywhere for him. Sarri has tried him so far as a DMR and a AML. But really all he could be is a Dave backup,

CHO is a straight out forward - left or right wing I dont see where their paths would cross

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Guess Sarri sees Hazard/Willian for the LW and Pedro/Moses for the RW, hence no CHO so far? 

For now, Sarri gets bit of a pass with regards to matchday squad selection. We're playing only one game per week at the moment and the players are still adapting to his methods. Will wait till September and see what he does when the League Cup and Europa League come into the equation. His squad management from that period onward will be telling.