Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

He turns 18 this month. He'll get minutes this season but dont expect him to be a regular, too much expectation too soon.

If anybody expected him to amass even a quarter of the minutes guys like Mbappe, de Ligt, Kluivert, Auoar, Sancho etc have or will amass this season then they are dreaming. When have Chelsea ever done this with youth players? 

I did hope he'd feature more in the Europa, Carabao Cup, FA Cup etc and he still might do to be honest the seasons still young. Jadon Sancho's rise at Dortmund has shown that it can be done by young Englishmen in foreign league but that has raised the expectations and now the likes or Foden, Hudson Odoi or every second, third or fourth PL youngster is being linked with moves to Germany etc. 

Think we shouldn't panic yet. Him and Ampadu still have plenty of matches to contribute to. I think he'll pen a new deal, Sarri was impressed with him the same way Conte was.

Hopefully we shift Moses, Drinkwater and Cahill in January, that will free up more chances of Europa/Cup matches for the two of them to play in some capacity.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

I did hope he'd feature more in the Europa, Carabao Cup, FA Cup etc

thats mainly what I wanted, with some cameos in EPL games

NONE of it has happened, except for that 30 minute mini shift v BATE

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Think we shouldn't panic yet.

He may not renew, then either we sell him for shit or let him walk on a free

that my main concern with his lack of playing time

plus, to start a hack converted wing like Moses over him is a slap in the face, as was tonight, starting a MF over him

we could have used CHO's pace and dynamism

Willian was horrid, as usual, and this time ON HIS GOOD SIDE, LW, FFS

I am just reallllly sick of seeing Willian's mug on the pitch for us, same for Cesc and surely for Cahill as well

They offer next to nothing almost every game, and they fucking both bore and piss me off, a bad combo

CHO is the opposite

Also, I am just overall REALLY sick of hearing the same fucking old, tired excuses about us not selling all these cunts we have

its the same thing every fucking year

ever since the WILFULLY stupid, arrogant, idotic, foolish bollocks move that was the Drinkwater buy, and then the failure to sell off deadwood this summer, I am at wits end with our divvy, fucked up board

12 hours ago, Vesper said:

thats mainly what I wanted, with some cameos in EPL games

NONE of it has happened, except for that 30 minute mini shift v BATE

He may not renew, then either we sell him for shit or let him walk on a free

that my main concern with his lack of playing time

plus, to start a hack converted wing like Moses over him is a slap in the face, as was tonight, starting a MF over him

we could have used CHO's pace and dynamism

Willian was horrid, as usual, and this time ON HIS GOOD SIDE, LW, FFS

I am just reallllly sick of seeing Willian's mug on the pitch for us, same for Cesc and surely for Cahill as well

They offer next to nothing almost every game, and they fucking both bore and piss me off, a bad combo

CHO is the opposite

Also, I am just overall REALLY sick of hearing the same fucking old, tired excuses about us not selling all these cunts we have

its the same thing every fucking year

ever since the WILFULLY stupid, arrogant, idotic, foolish bollocks move that was the Drinkwater buy, and then the failure to sell off deadwood this summer, I am at wits end with our divvy, fucked up board

As much as im disappointed he's only had 30 minutes so far we have to factor in the fact he's only in his second year as a full time pro.For all the talk about Sancho and what a good career move he has made he had only 16 minutes of first team action this time this year.

If he's still struggling for significant minutes this time next year then yes Sarri's policy with youth players needs assessing, but right now it really isn't too big an issue.

12 minutes ago, Tomo said:

As much as im disappointed he's only had 30 minutes so far we have to factor in the fact he's only in his second year as a full time pro.For all the talk about Sancho and what a good career move he has made he had only 16 minutes of first team action this time this year.

If he's still struggling for significant minutes this time next year then yes Sarri's policy with youth players needs assessing, but right now it really isn't too big an issue.

I see what you are saying. My worry is that if teams put in offers for him in the summer with 1 year left remaining on his contract and he refuses to sign on, we will probably be forced to sell him so he does not run out his contract here and then we may not get the opportunity to show that he will get enough chances. So if he does not sign a contract it becomes a big issue because if he wants to leabe come summer and does not sign a contract, we will sell him imo like City done with Sancho, which is why I am surprised about the limited chances he has got this season so far.

Just now, Stats said:

I see what you are saying. My worry is that if teams put in offers for him in the summer with 1 year left remaining on his contract and he refuses to sign on, we will probably be forced to sell him so he does not run out his contract here and then we may not get the opportunity to show that he will get enough chances. So if he does not sign a contract it becomes a big issue because if he wants to leabe come summer and does not sign a contract, we will sell him imo like City done with Sancho, which is why I am surprised about the limited chances he has got this season so far.

Players won't see it in the same way the fans do, if CHO see's that there's a genuine progression plan for him behind the scenes i am fairly confident he will sign. I read somewhere (can't find the article again but if i do ill link it here and tag you) that Marcin Bulka stuck around this summer because Sarri has a plan for him.

14 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

He turns 18 this month. He'll get minutes this season but dont expect him to be a regular, too much expectation too soon.

If anybody expected him to amass even a quarter of the minutes guys like Mbappe, de Ligt, Kluivert, Auoar, Sancho etc have or will amass this season then they are dreaming. When have Chelsea ever done this with youth players? 

I did hope he'd feature more in the Europa, Carabao Cup, FA Cup etc and he still might do to be honest the seasons still young. Jadon Sancho's rise at Dortmund has shown that it can be done by young Englishmen in foreign league but that has raised the expectations and now the likes or Foden, Hudson Odoi or every second, third or fourth PL youngster is being linked with moves to Germany etc. 

Think we shouldn't panic yet. Him and Ampadu still have plenty of matches to contribute to. I think he'll pen a new deal, Sarri was impressed with him the same way Conte was.

Hopefully we shift Moses, Drinkwater and Cahill in January, that will free up more chances of Europa/Cup matches for the two of them to play in some capacity.

I honestly don't see where these minutes are going to come from, if none of our attackers move on (putting the prospect of someone getting injured aside). EL group stages were his main chance to impress, so he has three more chances IMO to change the course of his season.

His eagerness or reluctancy to sign a new contract is totally up in the air. 

15 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I wonder if it is like in Germany where for an underage person to work i.e. to play football at senior level on Sundays or after 10pm he has to be granted a special permission every single time by some federal youth protection office so I could understand if a club would not want to put up with that bureaucratic struggle every time we have a cup/EL match or play on sunday which is probably 50% of our games just to have him in the matchday squad when we have tons of overage players in his position that maybe could explain his lack of action in some cases but less in other cases like last week vs Bate. 

I think it is too early to judge both situations i.e. Jadon sancho's and CHOs so far. Obviously I would love to have us only play world class talents and make them the next Messi but I have not really seen enough of either of them to be dead cert they will make it in the long run. 

• 3 weeks later...

My ideal plan: Sign him to a new 5 year deal then send this kid to bundesliga for an 18th month loan. He will settle in and develop the way he should. Bundesliga is the best breeding ground for young attackers in a style somewhat similar to the PL. We can't stunt him the way we did RLC.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7804903/chelsea-news-callum-hudson-odoi-contract-latest/

If there was no resolution to this and CHO does end up leaving, we only have ourselves to blame. the fact he has only made 2 sub appearances and not managed 1 start with his contract not sorted out is quite frankly ridiculous. Especially with all the promise he showed in pre-season then he was just left out in oblivion. Also to the fact that we are heavily linked with Pulisic, I wonder how much that will sway things. But if we lose CHO, I will lose all faith in the academy tbh. He is one of our and English football's best prospects and it looks like he might be getting the same picture in regards to seeking a future elsewhere for the sake of his career. Can't believe we have not started him one game this season.

2 hours ago, Stats said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7804903/chelsea-news-callum-hudson-odoi-contract-latest/

If there was no resolution to this and CHO does end up leaving, we only have ourselves to blame. the fact he has only made 2 sub appearances and not managed 1 start with his contract not sorted out is quite frankly ridiculous. Especially with all the promise he showed in pre-season then he was just left out in oblivion. Also to the fact that we are heavily linked with Pulisic, I wonder how much that will sway things. But if we lose CHO, I will lose all faith in the academy tbh. He is one of our and English football's best prospects and it looks like he might be getting the same picture in regards to seeking a future elsewhere for the sake of his career. Can't believe we have not started him one game this season.

The article draws a totally false comparison

CHO is a LW

Pulisic is a RW

both the vast majority of the time

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The article draws a totally false comparison

CHO is a LW

Pulisic is a RW

both the vast majority of the time

However if Hazard stays, both will be competing to play with him. Not instead of Hazard. If he sees signs off something blocking his gateway to the first 11, I can defo see him leaving. Especially he sees what Sancho is achieving. He must know he can set himself a similar platform, however if he stays here and we are buying other wingers, then when will he get his big chance? If it was a scenario where we would have to play CHO, we could easily play him and Hazard in the same team.

1 hour ago, Stats said:

However if Hazard stays, both will be competing to play with him. Not instead of Hazard. If he sees signs off something blocking his gateway to the first 11, I can defo see him leaving. Especially he sees what Sancho is achieving. He must know he can set himself a similar platform, however if he stays here and we are buying other wingers, then when will he get his big chance? If it was a scenario where we would have to play CHO, we could easily play him and Hazard in the same team.

Pulisic will bench Willian, hopefully. I dont want Pulisic though. I think £70m for him is madness. 

CHO has to be aware that Eden is probably gone in the summer, unless we do get the 2 year transfer ban and it prevents us from buying any players in the summer, in which case we will probably just have to eat Eden leaving on a free in 2021 as we cant just have true shit Willian, a rapidly ageing Pedro, and CHO as our only wingers. (plus Pulisic or whoever we buy this January).

Our board is shit, and if/when the bans come, it is probably going to destroy us for years to come. I am sure European bans will be handed down too.

I have little to no hope Roman and the board will set things right.

The very fact they rate Willian and Alonso and Luiz as top of the pile WC players shows you how fucked up it has all become.

If things really break badly we are going to be living a nightmare soon. It is not like I have been sounding a clarion call on this well before I joined this board.:(

On 11/23/2018 at 7:15 PM, DDA said:

The only reason for CHO not starting one single game this season has to be a lack of tactical understanding. There is litetally no other excuse for it.

Morata keeps starting yet his tactical understanding is to stay offside and fall. Luiz keeps starting yet his tactical understanding in defence is.... CHO can't be worse.

23 hours ago, manpe said:

Morata keeps starting yet his tactical understanding is to stay offside and fall. Luiz keeps starting yet his tactical understanding in defence is.... CHO can't be worse.

I am trying to see things through the eyes of reason. Otherwise, my head will explode.