57 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

His FA cup youth final Highlights. He can play on the right wing :getin:

Well its a great idea. I hope he fills his boots tomorrow

26 minutes ago, communicate said:

Better than messi say wikipedia

:D:D

Must be written by his mum!

Just had a thought!

Sarri wont go play Pedro  Morata  Willian tomorrow will he?

2 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

This kid has to start for us. I trust him more than willian and pedro hes an excellent talent and deserves to start 

Hazard.      Bats.       CHO.      

Please can we have Eden Martial Cddy?

The highlights of the youth final seem like a number 10. Could he take Barkleys spot? He seemed defensively good against Arsenal. 

Jorginho 

Kante                 CHO

Pedro               Bats             Hazard 

1 hour ago, Supermonkey92 said:

The highlights of the youth final seem like a number 10. Could he take Barkleys spot? He seemed defensively good against Arsenal. 

Jorginho 

Kante                 CHO

Pedro               Bats             Hazard 

Has he got a footballing head? Can he read the pitch? Or does he play on adrenaline and by instinct?

55 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Id love martial here but honesty mate can u see it? We have been far to incompetent this window.

I'm holding out hope that Mou will crack and Ive sent out feelers to find someone who can hypnotize Granny to help us before we have to erase her!

23 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Really hope he starts...

22 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He surely has to. It would say more about Sarri than anything, if Willian walks into the starting XI

CHO will 100% start. Talk the talk, walk the walk, Sarri is about that life.

10 hours ago, Starman60 said:

Watched him against Arsenal the other night and he terrorised Bellerin. This guy seems to have it all,pace, touch and football brain. Would love to see him start against City as he's a star in the making. I know I have thought the same about other youngsters but this guy is different. Hopefully he can keep his feet on the ground and his head out of the clouds. There has been an awful lot of talk on here about our poor transfer window. We have a class youth system but very few graduates. Maybe we should put faith in a couple of them and save our money. If CHO keeps up his form and is the real deal he will be priceless.

In addition to Calum two lads on loan in the Championship, plus a lad in the current development squad, have serious first team chances in my opinion. IF this opinion proves correct that's stunningly brilliant work by Cobham. For years I've argued that it was too early to judge the work of our academy. My point being that only players who have had their entire football education at the new academy represent evidence of how Cobham does its job.

Given that the average age at which players establish themselves in the first team is around 22, and given that players start their journeys with Premier League clubs as early as 6, it takes a long time to see the real results. Up to now the players surfacing have either started in the old academy, which the club recognised as hopeless and dismantled, or were not genuine Cobham graduates because they were recruited as mid to late teenagers.

If this way of looking at things is right then we should expect to see a gradual improvement in the general level of academy players. I believe that this is what we are seeing. For example, in my opinion, George Mceachran is a better player than his big brother yet, while Josh was touted as the star of his academy generation, George is not generally regarded as being even in the top five. 

Its amazing the lads already been with us 10 years. A

Thats why I think our academy teams win so much. Theyve been together since they were children. Know each others games inside out. Ans also think that MIGHT be why most dont progress to another level. Not being in their comfort zone anymore.

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Thats why I think our academy teams win so much. Theyve been together since they were children. Know each others games inside out. Ans also think that MIGHT be why most dont progress to another level. Not being in their comfort zone anymore.

A very good point. One which a lot of people probably haven't considered.

5 hours ago, Unionjack said:

1 hour ago, Starman60 said:

A very good point. One which a lot of people probably haven't considered.

I think there is probably a different reason.

To start with all academies recruit players from the age of 6, with parents signing forms committing their youngsters to a club from age 8, so all teams have a big percentage of players who have grown up together. That means it's no advantage to us that our lads have too.

Further, our graduates have progressed. I know you mean at Chelsea but I think it's worth remembering that the promise of any school can only be that it will help students make the most of their talent. No school can turn me into Einstein, or Joey Barton into Lionel Messi. Cobham has done well for the kids passing through it. There are a lot of Cobham graduates making professional careers for themselves at all levels in this country and abroad.

If none have yet cemented a place in Chelsea's first XI, it's because none have been good enough but Cobham is working on it.