test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

9. Álvaro Morata

Started by The Skipper,

1,747 posts in this topic
On 5/13/2018 at 5:09 AM, Mana said:

There is no question that Morata is the biggest overall flop of the season

For me, Bakayoko is the biggest flop of the century, starting with this season.

Mufassir08 likes this

6 minutes ago, DDA said:

For me, Bakayoko is the biggest flop of the century, starting with this season.

Baka, as bad as he is didn't have a star name, hardly anybody knew Baka exists until he moved to Chelsea. The expectations of Morata of impacting the league was much higher than Baka's. That's why Morata is the PL's top 6 biggest flop of the season. Morata's downfall was much higher than Bakabambi.

I am NOT saying Morata is worse than Baka. Far from it, I'm aware Baka is a million times worse. But it's about the expectation.

Just now, Mana said:

Baka, as bad as he is didn't have a star name, hardly anybody knew Baka exists until he moved to Chelsea. The expectations of Morata of impacting the league was much higher than Baka's. That's why Morata is the biggest flop of the season. Morata's downfall was much bigger than Bakabambi.

I am NOT saying Morata is worse than Baka. Far from it, I'm aware Baka is a million times worse. But it's about the expectation.

Bakayoko was known by many before he came here. He had a stand out season for Monaco along with others in that particular side, (Most notibaly in the CL). Yea Morata has flopped this side of Christmas but he did have a pretty decent start scoring goals and linking up well with Hazard and co. Bakayoko has arguably had one decent game for us in the whole season and that was vs Liverpool a few weeks back. The rest of the time he has been pathetic, so for me that has made him a bigger flop.

OneMoSalah likes this

Just now, DDA said:

Bakayoko was known by many before he came here. He had a stand out season for Monaco along with others in that particular side, (Most notibaly in the CL). Yea Morata has flopped this side of Christmas but he did have a pretty decent start scoring goals and linking up well with Hazard and co. Bakayoko has arguably had one decent game for us in the whole season and that was vs Liverpool a few weeks back. The rest of the time he has been pathetic, so for me that has made him a bigger flop.

That's not true I'm afraid. No one I know including myself knew Baka existed until rumours of him coming to Chelsea. And you said a stand out season which was last season. So that gave nobody time to understand how good Baka was. Have you heard of one season wonders? (Which is funny since Morata is also a definition of a one season wonder).

If you ask anyone that's not a Chelsea fan, they will say Morata's the biggest flop. I didn't have much expectation for Baka as I did for Morata. It has to be the same for almost every Chelsea fan here. No one here can say "Baka is going to shine more than Morata" at the beginning of the season.

I wasn't that happy when we signed Morata because of his track record, but I wanted to give him a chance. Show the world that Madrid made the biggest mistake of their lives. He failed to do that, can't even match his goal scoring record. He has serious trouble scoring with his feet too.

And that to me, is why Morata's the biggest flop.

We should pick our next striker taking into account his personality first and only then his scoring abilities. You just can see that Morata isn't going to be a success here, no matter what. He's not enough of a prick, he's fragile and sensitive. 

We need a bully, someone confident, someone who can bounce back and not fall into a depresion after missing a sitter.

Cavani would be terrific, but I don't think he wants Europa League football. I'd also take Mariano Diaz, from Lyon, in a heartbeat. 

7 hours ago, Mana said:

That's not true I'm afraid. No one I know including myself knew Baka existed until rumours of him coming to Chelsea

I'm afraid what you are saying here isn't true. Just because you had never heard of him before rumours to Chelsea arose, doesn't mean that 'nobody' had ever heard of him. That is a sweeping statement that I just cannot agree with. I had been watching Monaco progress through the CL the season before he came and he was being mentioned alot. Rumours of the elite clubs around Europe looking at him were in full force quite a while before he was specifically linked with us. Just saying.

Starman60 likes this

11 hours ago, Mana said:

That's not true I'm afraid. No one I know including myself knew Baka existed until rumours of him coming to Chelsea. And you said a stand out season which was last season. So that gave nobody time to understand how good Baka was. Have you heard of one season wonders? (Which is funny since Morata is also a definition of a one season wonder).

If you ask anyone that's not a Chelsea fan, they will say Morata's the biggest flop. I didn't have much expectation for Baka as I did for Morata. It has to be the same for almost every Chelsea fan here. No one here can say "Baka is going to shine more than Morata" at the beginning of the season.

I wasn't that happy when we signed Morata because of his track record, but I wanted to give him a chance. Show the world that Madrid made the biggest mistake of their lives. He failed to do that, can't even match his goal scoring record. He has serious trouble scoring with his feet too.

And that to me, is why Morata's the biggest flop.

I'm sorry but Bakayoko had been earning rave reviews all season in France so how you or nobody you know never heard of him before, I am not sure, especially when watching the champions league that season too (although I wasn't completely impressed with him as a player). Bigger clubs had been looking at him, PSG (although I doubt he'd be regularly playing there I mean Kryochiawak or whatever was one hell of a player at Sevilla and got loaned out as he was not playing), Juventus, Manchester United... but we got him. He was actually highly thought of in France and perhaps still is I don't know. Just because you hadn't heard of him doesn't mean nobody else had not. Many people on here who had watched him last season had said he was better than Matic already and had much more to his game etc. I didn't agree and still don't agree that he'll ever be better than him but. Morata is hardly a one season wonder either. I get it hes struggled this season but hes hardly a one season wonder, he had a pretty good year at Juventus when they got to the CL final under Allegri as well as the previous season at Madrid, fair enough its not exactly a huge difference but one season wonder? Hardly. 

DDA likes this