The Conte Thread

On 22/10/2017 at 8:41 PM, Jason said:

It is disturbing that Klopp continues a free pass from the media despite all the mess at Liverpool (and he has been there for 2 years!) while Conte's job is on the line after 2 losses. :doh:

Its been ages since Liverpool won the Premier League. Since Roman bought Chelsea, its the most successful club in the league, so the demands and expectations are different. Not to mention Conte himself was the man that created the crisis even before the first game of the season was played: he was the one the created Costa situation, he was the one the spread the rumores about being unhappy (at least he never denied them in a convincing way), he was the one demanding more players in press conferences, he was the one clearly unhappy that Matic was sold (instead of praising Bakayoko). 

In terms of relation with the press Conte is easily the most stupid Chelsea coach of Abramovich era.

On 10/25/2017 at 2:31 AM, Henrique said:

he was the one the created Costa situation,

We're in October 2017 and people are still pretending like Costa hadn't down tooled since January and wanted to leave. :lol:

On 10/25/2017 at 2:31 AM, Henrique said:

In terms of relation with the press Conte is easily the most stupid Chelsea coach of Abramovich era.

Right...because Mourinho, for example, didn't created crisis in his previous regime - moaning about the lack of signings, having a go at team doctor, challenging the board to sack him, throwing players under the bus after defeats etc.

13 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

Hahahahaha, Irony of life ... we are all dependent on some or the other things :)

Without the media, we also wouldnt have anyone to criticize. 

Without the fans, not a single one of them would be getting a penny. Not a player, not a referee, not a physio, not a commentator, not a commercial director, not a manager, and not a journo. None of them.

3 hours ago, Henrique said:

In terms of relation with the press Conte is easily the most stupid Chelsea coach of Abramovich era

You're stretching it mate, not 'easily'. For me Mourinho 2.0 was a disaster in terms of media handling.

4 hours ago, Henrique said:

he was the one demanding more players in press conferences, he was the one clearly unhappy that Matic was sold (instead of praising Bakayoko). 

Facts have shown that Conte was totally right.Chelsea bench is very limited.

41 minutes ago, Mana said:

Strongly disagree. Mourinho was much much worse. Couldn't stand the guy on the sacking season.

Yeah. Actually Mou did a lot of damage to our image and Conte fixed it in his first season. Conte's handling of media in previous season was flawless imo.

16 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Without the fans, not a single one of them would be getting a penny. Not a player, not a referee, not a physio, not a commentator, not a commercial director, not a manager, and not a journo. None of them.

That what I mention, we all are dependent on each other

I don´t know if he decides how to take corner kicks, but he should tell the players to stop with these ridiculous, ineffective short corners. This bothers me since the start of the season and again tonight, even though Willian scored in the end. I can´t figure out why the likes of Fabregas, Willian and Hazard keep playing around the corner flag instead of crossing the ball in the box. I mean we have guys like Cahill in the team, who scored like 5 headers last season..

3 hours ago, manpe said:

In January we'll have the annual excuse of waiting for the summer for the "right targets" to become available (the real reason being that we are not ready to pay inflated prices mid-season), and then when the summer comes we fail with the right targets and eventually panic buy somebody who we could have bought in January. The summer window will be shorter this time, it closes right about when Marina returns from her vacation so expect even more disappointments.

Sums it up!!! 

Shorter summer be interesting..least less time to piss around and mess it up

1 hour ago, Beigl said:

I don´t know if he decides how to take corner kicks, but he should tell the players to stop with these ridiculous, ineffective short corners. This bothers me since the start of the season and again tonight, even though Willian scored in the end. I can´t figure out why the likes of Fabregas, Willian and Hazard keep playing around the corner flag instead of crossing the ball in the box. I mean we have guys like Cahill in the team, who scored like 5 headers last season..

But on the other hand, whenever we do just hit corners into the box, it'll more often than not hit the first man or be comfortable for the opposition to do well. Don't think either approach is bad. It's just the execution of it. It's like we don't even practice any of them.

7 hours ago, Beigl said:

I don't think our short corners are that ineffective. Pedro scored from a short corner recently and i can remember several times where Fabregas and Hazard created good opportunities from short corners.