Diego Costa

Spike

Boo hoo. If Coleman wants to dish it out, he should be prepared to take it on the chin when some of it is served back.

Martinez in his time at Everton has always struck me as a bit snarky and back-handed towards Mourinho and Chelsea, so this doesn't surprise me.

I was more annoyed at Howard ,, he was just fucked at being beaten again ,,, RED CARD

While I do think Costa needs to calm down a little bit and that these little squabbles are petty, it happens on the pitch like almost in every game like Craig Burley said. It's nothing but because it's Costa, the media (and even the opposition manager in this case) are too keen to paint him as the bad boy and trying to create an issue out of nothing. Danny Murphy said on MOTD last night that Costa was just bantering and giving Coleman a taste of his own medicine and that there was nothing wrong with it. It's rather pathetic that Martinez and Everton can dish out the ugly treatment but can't take it when others hand it to them. Even worse when referees fall for it, like in the case of Jon Moss yesterday. Cracked under pressure from the Everton fans and players. :doh:

Apparently...

https://twitter.com/Thomas_Flaherty/status/505797259091791872

Graham Poll you mean. I think he's referring to the 'dive' just before Ramires' goal (our 5th).

Is this guy taking the piss? :D Must've been the first time that something like this happened on a football pitch. Funny how some fans desperately try to make him the new suarez. Heard some liverpool fans saying he shouted at the disabled everton fans after colemans og :D Fuck them all

Not forgetting that he also did some good defending a couple times

Yeah. Did track back to cover Hazard when he was out of position which happened quite a few times and made a few decent clearences as well.

An overall performance from the lad.

Don't expect him to calm down anytime during a game. Just pumps him up even more. Love that attitude. Gives the opposition no chance to muscle him around which we saw a lot with Torres.

He has to improve in the aerial aspect though. lost nearly every long ball in his first 3 games. dont know if he can improve in that aspect as he isnt used to it. Spanish League isnt playing with monsters as CBs.

I think now that Suarez is gone the media is desperately looking for a new 'enemy number one' of the PL and because of Costa's temperament they are blatantly forcing it to be him. He started nothing yesterday and he only gave it back as much as he was given, yet he was painted as the villain. As you said, it is so pathetic when the commentators, opposition managers and even the referees get caught up in the narrative that is being forced on Costa. It's "Costa should calm down" instead of "Coleman should stop acting like a bellend" and Coleman as the victim etc. Pathetic pretty much sums it up, but I think it will only motivate Costa even more.

Don't worry. Super - MARIO is here!!!! :lol:

What's the ETA on him doing his first idiotic thing.

He has to improve in the aerial aspect though. lost nearly every long ball in his first 3 games. dont know if he can improve in that aspect as he isnt used to it. Spanish League isnt playing with monsters as CBs.

It's one of his weaknesses as a player. His leap is poor and his timing is off. He's not the guy to be lumping long balls too. Which is why I hope the players will soon only use long balls as a emergency option.

He's made an absolute brilliant start to the season. That's key for any new player, strikers especially. Confidence is sky high, the fans have witnessed his quality and opposition teams already fear him. Now we can only hope he stays fit, keeps this up and trophies will follow.

Costa' second goal just typifies how cool, calm and collected he is in font of goal. As he was through Distin decides to throw his body in the way to try and block his shot, instead of turning onto his stronger foot Costa decides to go the opposite way, away from goal, does a little step over and finishes it with his weaker foot. What a goal.

Now imagine if that was Torres, he would have panicked and Distin would most likely have blocked it.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24xkak_reaction-thibaut-translates-for-costa-hd_sport

Diego laugh is best :D please can anybody translate Diego joke at the end?

I believe he said "es un poco palomo...". My spanish dictionary says palomo may mean a dove or in informal speech a person who is amiable, good, harmless, soft, naive. But he says he's a great goalkeeper anyways.

And Courtois as Costa's translator is just :wub: