test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

19. Diego Costa

Started by DavidEU,

7,949 posts in this topic

That's a bit of a downer to hear Costa could stay. It means we will continue to have a inconsistent striker with poor technical abilities. I think he may be a liability when we go up against the big sides in Europe next season. 

Chelsea? likes this

6 hours ago, It's too big said:

That's a bit of a downer to hear Costa could stay. It means we will continue to have a inconsistent striker with poor technical abilities. I think he may be a liability when we go up against the big sides in Europe next season. 

18 hours ago, DYC. said:

I remember all those 'best striker in the world' and 'better and more important than Hazard' posts so it's funny to see how the general perception has turned so viciously.

While his performances of late are concerning and frustrating, people need to get a grip. Chels are still winning games with him in the team. Chels are still on top with a strong lead. Chels are still in the FA Cup. He's been bad but it's not that deep.

His current form does not erase what he did in the first half of the season. Costa has been key to Chelsea's probable title win.

"Best striker in the world" posts come from people who have rose-tinted glasses or a tinfoil hat on. Even at the beginning of the season, he was never "best striker in the world". Maybe "Best striker at the moment", but never "in the world". How did he earn that title after the catastrophic, disgrace that was last season?? 

I just look at someone like Harry Kane and how consistent he is over Costa. Kane > Costa this season, no question.  (Just because we are top of the league doesn't mean Costa is better, it means Chelsea is more consistent than Spuds.) Actually I can go further then that. Kane is the most consistent striker in the last 2 (+ this season) out of everybody else in the PL.

The Crystal Palace loss was key, in to why we need a new striker next season. Costa benched or sold, I don't care. We needed someone to step up and score, and Costa yet again fails to deliver. That's why the frustration is building towards him. Costa used to be 1st in the top scorers. Now he's 5th, and dropping. You see Kane, Lukaku even Sanchez above him. Alli is one goal behind Costa. 

Once again, Hazard is the one scoring the goals and he is not even a striker. If Hazard has a poor game, then man - I pray for Alonso or some odd Chelsea player to score for us.

Costa should have gone guns a-blazing in the second half of the season then the first. Because the marathon is now becoming a sprint.

And seeing Spuds banging in goals for fun, doesn't help. Now when we win the league, people will go - "Chelsea don't deserve it blahblahblah." "You were lucky, Spuds should have wonblahblahblah" "Spuds were a joy to watch, Chelsea were boring blahblahblah". Not that I care much but it is annoying.

Costa needs to f***ing step up now. This is the time. We go to OT. Then Wembley. Score goals. This is going far too long for the so called "best striker in the world".

Sorry for this rant but if we win the league, I'm not going to say "COSTA'S THE BESTEST PLAYER IN CHELS!!111". His early beast form is becoming a distant memory as now I look on what I'll be thinking what he has done since January. That's why I said earlier, it was better to have the drought beginning of the season, and go guns blazing the second.

quickpassnmove likes this

On 14/04/2017 at 0:06 PM, BlueLion. said:

Let's be absolutely honest here - and we don't need to refer to statistics - he's been a liability since the will-he-or-won't-he-go-to-China rumours in January. I think his performance against Bournemouth was one of the most hapless I've ever seen. 

We'd all love to rail against this post and explain why we think it's wrong. My guess is that @BlueLion. would like that as much as any of us but, sadly, we can't because it isn't wrong.

On 14/04/2017 at 0:27 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Hes not going to leave Chelsea for China. Seriously. Hes having a poor run but don't forget the performances he had put in when he was 100% fit and focused at start of his career here and this season. I still think he has fitness issues. Not severe ones but he always seemed to be in about niggling little injuries at Atletico and even here so dont be surprised. If not a loss of form is normal for any player. Hes still doing stuff, winning free kicks etc, hes not exactly a burden like Torres.

No one is complaining about a loss of form. A loss of form is a run of the mill occurance we all recognise when we see it. What people are suspicious is happening here is a lack of commitment and a lack of effort. That's an entirely different kettle of fish.

Let's hope that facing Jose's team later today will motivate Diego to demonstrate his desire again.

Irakozium257 and The Skipper like this

9 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

We'd all love to rail against this post and explain why we think it's wrong. My guess is that @BlueLion. would like that as much as any of us but, sadly, we can't because it isn't wrong.

Nah, never really been a fan of people trying to offer counter-arguments... especially when there isn't one, it pains me to say. I love Diego, but he is utter garbage at the moment. He's been pants the last couple of months and sadly his slump in form is alarmingly getting gradually worse. His performance last weekend was laughable... he looked drunk at the best of times. His turn for the first goal was excellent, but everything else he tried to do suggested he was under the influence of some pretty heavy narcotics. Useless.

MefiX19 likes this

Get this man OFF THE FIELD.

It is getting ridiculous how bad he plays and is still in favour of Bat.

Loses every fucking ball, breaks up play all the time. Soooo frustrating to watch.

And now with yellow behind his name he should be taken off ASAP.

Somewhere, far away, in an alternate universe, Costa is still a useless cuntish version of Gervinho.

Today he was literally Torres at his worst in disguise. Need to sell him asap.