Diego Costa

Spike

He was decisive in second goal vs spurs, I dont care if it was confirmed as own goal...without Costa, that wouldnt be a goal anyway. This is getting ridiculous btw, every player hits lack of form, the key is to regain it and Costa can do it, Im sure. Its his first season here and he is doing amazing job so far. And for the record, its not just Costa. Take a look at our performances overall, Cesc form, how many goals we scored,...in comparison with first six months. So its not just Costa, but whole team that is underperforming in 2015. If not for defenders, our results would be quite bad now.

Naaa just stating the facts :P you could argue apart from that Liverpool goal none of the other were in theory decisive goals. Still got lots of time to correct that though ;) starting with PSG.

Okay I've seen enough... to the ignore list with you.

Hey Lionsden is entitled to his opinion

Is Aguero better technically - yes

But does Aguero have the same physical presence - no

It just depends on what you want to see in a striker. I'm not sure Aguero would work here, like I'm not sure Costa would cut it at City, although their move for Bony, could be argued as a step towards a physical striker...

We can't all have the same opinion - having somebody question your belief is not a bad thing, don't cheapen it by resorting to insults - analyse their arguments and construct a suitable response. That's what I'm going to try to do :)

you could argue apart from that Liverpool goal none of the other were in theory decisive goals.

I don't know what you expect when you say 'decisive' because going by the normal definition of the word, he's been just that - "big games" or not. How does scoring the first goal of the game against Spurs and Everton not merit bring called decisive? How does killing off the game against Arsenal not merit being called decisive? There's the Liverpool one of course. Besides, he's missed most of the 'bigger' games anyway - United away, City home, Spurs home, Everton home ... do people want him to score from the stands? I know you'll point to the games at the Etihad, the Cup semis vs Liverpool and the Champions League - and fair enough, he was below par in some of them and could have done better but that doesn't take away from the occasions that he has contributed so stop trying to discredit him.

Apart from those, again, nearly all his goals so far have been 'decisive', as you'll see -

First goal of the game : Leicester home, West Brom home

Equalizer : Burnley away, Swansea home

Winner : Swansea home

Put the game to bed : Villa home, Hull home, West Ham home, Newcastle home

I don't know what you expect when you say 'decisive' because going by the normal definition of the word, he's been just that - "big games" or not. How does scoring the first goal of the game against Spurs and Everton not merit bring called decisive? How does killing off the game against Arsenal not merit being called decisive? There's the Liverpool one of course. Besides, he's missed most of the 'bigger' games anyway - United away, City home, Spurs home, Everton home ... do people want him to score from the stands? I know you'll point to the games at the Etihad, the Cup semis vs Liverpool and the Champions League - and fair enough, he was below par in some of them and could have done better but that doesn't take away from the occasions that he has contributed so stop trying to discredit him.

Apart from those, again, nearly all his goals so far have been 'decisive', as you'll see -

First goal of the game : Leicester home, West Brom home

Equalizer : Burnley away, Swansea home

Winner : Swansea home

Put the game to bed : Villa home, Hull home, West Ham home, Newcastle home

Costa isn't perfect but it's shocking to see the amount of ungrateful fans here especially after years of suffering with torres.

The top scorer in the epl is being criticized like he's manutd striker :doh:

Hey Lionsden is entitled to his opinion

Is Aguero better technically - yes

But does Aguero have the same physical presence - no

It just depends on what you want to see in a striker. I'm not sure Aguero would work here, like I'm not sure Costa would cut it at City, although their move for Bony, could be argued as a step towards a physical striker...

We can't all have the same opinion - having somebody question your belief is not a bad thing, don't cheapen it by resorting to insults - analyse their arguments and construct a suitable response. That's what I'm going to try to do :)

There isn't anything wrong with a different opinion, like saying: 'i think Aguero is better than Costa'

But what irks me ( and i think alot of other people on this forum ) are those factlike statements as in: 'Costa has abysmal technique'.

Those do not belong on a forum and understandibly winds people up (but thats maybe the point)

:lol: I like how you're using any excuse to discount the importance of those goals.

Its all hypothetical - you can never say that if Costa didn't score a goal that no-one else would have been on hand to tuck the ball away, but if we take away the goals he's scored this season, our GD would be -17 less, and we'd have dropped points vs Swansea (h) and vs Liverpool (a). Furthermore we'd probably have dropped points in games such as Leicester (h), where we were god awful until he got a breakthrough out of nowhere. The fact he's been the opening goalscorer in six matches, and the winning/game-securing goalscorer in nine others (the second goal is arguably more important than the first in some instances, in terms of making the game safe) suggests he's doing just fine.

His first season with us.

Missed the United match due to Injury.

Hit the post and was involved in the goal against City

Scored against Arsenal

Scored against Liverpool

Missed City at Home due to ban.

Scored against Spurs in the final

Not a big game player :rolleyes:

This

I like Diego very much, but I'm fuming that some players can play bad for long and still be treated with great care, giving them chance after chance and others will got 395 minutes in their whole career here and be discredited at every corner with false epithets.

Diego is like Oscar in that sense. He scored I think 10 goals in the last 31 games. What we've learned with Diego is that after he comes back from an injury his touch is off, he's outmuscled and plays crappy with ball at his feet. He can't soak up pressure from the back and often is dispossessed. Yet he has every time in the world to slowly regain his confidence and physical conditions to come back to his best version. Oscar also can play absolutely crap yet there's talk that he's so young, is overplayed and all that. Don't say that's right or wrong per se but it's definitely so unfair. It only applies to some players and to some don't. It's maybe discussion for another day though, but it's often pisses me off.

However I'd very much welcome a proper alternative to Diego with high technical abilities. I'm against saying that Diego has a bad technique, but he has to be in his absolutely best shape and form to have a proper link up play and one touch football.