Diego Costa

Spike

Is it just me or did his work rate dropped bit.

I remember at the beggining of season he was chasing the ball like mad, but he is just jogging around recently. Sure he isnt lazy or whatever but he was putting more pressure on defenders in first few months.

Actualy his whole participation in play dropped slightly. I remember he wanted the ball all the time in beggining, he was chasing like mad, dribbling with it and passing more. Maybe its just me or change of our setup, but he is much less involved in play these day.

hahahahah. works his ass off creating space for the others, moving their backline all around the pitch. also had a nice few pieces of interplay. he cannot score every game. no striker scores every game. more to a strikers game than goals, pass completion etc especially when the team is still winning. fickle bastards

hahahahah. works his ass off creating space for the others, moving their backline all around the pitch. also had a nice few pieces of interplay. he cannot score every game. no striker scores every game. more to a strikers game than goals, pass completion etc especially when the team is still winning. fickle bastards -Exactly, a few games

-Exactly, a few games -not even bad - where he doesn't score and all of a sudden he's Sheva.

I think he was tired. He looked like he didn't want to press half of the times leaving Oscar to do double the work.

I couldn't* care less about his goalscoring record as long as the team is winning and he is showing the same commitment and passion for the game.

That ONE-ON-ONE miss was clearly a case of the player not high on confidence. The Costa at the start of the season would have buried that chance before Jenkinson even got back to make that challenge.

Eh? He's missed alot of 1v1's this season. His bread and butter are one touch finishes in the box. Usually fluffs his lines when he has time.

Eh? He's missed alot of 1v1's this season. His bread and butter are one touch finishes in the box. Usually fluffs his lines when he has time.

A lot? I don't recall him missing that many.

If you look at that miss on Wednesday, you could see that there was a lack of conviction and he even hesitated on that chance.

Overall what would you guys think if he ends the season with 20 goals and we win the BPL too? I think that would have been a good 1st season for us, could have been more due to the early great start but ends up a good one if we win the league and he personally scores 20 goals.

If we go back to the 1st few pages of this thread lots of people predicted around 10-20 goals and he has proven to have lived up to expectations, but not much beyond that. What I am worried about though is that if this was to be the case this would be the 2nd running season he drifts toward the end of the season, suggesting either an unexplainable reason as with Fabregas or Oscar or just not good enough physically.

In 2012-13 you could argue he ended the season even better than the start but you can argue that Falcao was in the best striker in the world form back then for the 1st half and Costa barely played, hence being fresher for the 2nd half.

15 all comps

15 league. Anything over is a bonus (assuming no spot kicks)

30-35 in all competitions

12 in the league(not taking Pens)

7 in cup competitions

19 all in.

I would be happy with that in his first season.

He'll score more than 20 in the PL.

13-15 league

< 20 all competitions

I will go with 26 goals in all competitions ;-)

31 starting from tomorrow if he play. I wish award with cash is tire to this prediction I will come close or win it

I'd be happy with 15 in the league considering he won't be taking the pens

28 all comps

31 goals in all comps. 27 In the premier league , 1 in the FA Cup final and 3 in the Champions league.

Still sour I guess!

II reckon he will get 20 leauge goals.

9 goals, all of them in FA Cup, plus one own goal in League Cup.

Hopefully 21 goals in the league, 27 in all comps.

register my bet too, pls, 21 all competitions.

Looking back to July when he 1st signed, some people are very close... and he has already surpassed many expectations it seems.

Overall what would you guys think if he ends the season with 20 goals and we win the BPL too? I think that would have been a good 1st season for us, could have been more due to the early great start but ends up a good one if we win the league and he personally scores 20 goals.

If we go back to the 1st few pages of this thread lots of people predicted around 10-20 goals and he has proven to have lived up to expectations, but not much beyond that. What I am worried about though is that if this was to be the case this would be the 2nd running season he drifts toward the end of the season, suggesting either an unexplainable reason as with Fabregas or Oscar or just not good enough physically.

In 2012-13 you could argue he ended the season even better than the start but you can argue that Falcao was in the best striker in the world form back then for the 1st half and Costa barely played, hence being fresher for the 2nd half.

I think he will score 22. The important part is whether the next few goals are crucial ones (winners, sealing the win) rather than a fourth in a stomp.

We haven't been at our best lately, but if he can stick a few more in to grind out results then I think he would have done his best. I think he exceeded most of our expectations (which are fairly low considering our strikeforce last season). So about 5 more winners in the league and 2-3 more in the CL if we reach the latter stages should be attainable for him.

A lot? I don't recall him missing that many.

If you look at that miss on Wednesday, you could see that there was a lack of conviction and he even hesitated on that chance.

Well off the top of my head, yesterday. Against Swansea. Against Everton. Sporting Lisbon away on about 3 separate occassions. Stoke away.