test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

10. Willian

Started by Jason,

6,013 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I'm not sure if CHO was fit and Willian was that CHO would start above him. Willian seems to be some sort of god at this club, 

Willian being untouchable with managers is the biggest urban myth I've ever heard.

For both Conte and Sarri Hazard and Pedro were the first choice wingers and early evidence suggests he won't be starting all too often under Lampard either.

kellzfresh, NikkiCFC and OneMoSalah like this

5 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Its the same with the disruptive influence in the dressing room crap that is always posted as a reason to sell him.... there was one incident, which if Conte had stayed he would of probably sold him along with Luiz and Hazard as they were all at odds with Conte and wanted to leave if he stayed. But nobody said Eden and Luiz were disruptive.... it just suits some people that Willian is this bad guy as a reason to sell him. Hes not. Hes not a great player but he deserves a bit more respect from the fans over something that is far from the truth.

It’s ok to be at odds with a manager but what Willian did was downright disrespectful and unprofessional. Immature f***ing brat. Plus where’s the evidence for Hazard and Luiz “being at odds” with Conte?

6 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

It’s ok to be at odds with a manager but what Willian did was downright disrespectful and unprofessional. Immature f***ing brat. Plus where’s the evidence for Hazard and Luiz “being at odds” with Conte?

It was utterly childish and pathetic, you won 2 trophies under him and this is how you behave? I dont want him gone cuz he acted this way, I want him out cuz he is utter crap and has been for years. I will forever be bewildered how we saw it fit to bounce back 2 amazing offers for him, we could have had a good striker or another winger playing for us now if we had done the sensible thing.

1 hour ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

The fact Luiz said he probably would have left if Conte had stayed and the multiple stories around Conte's future deciding whether or not Eden would look to move to leave to go to Real Madrid after the world cup. 

Lets not forget Joses final season when shit didnt go well Cesc, Eden and Diego Costa were branded as rats as they were apparently disruptive and disillusioned with Jose too although was never actually confirmed or not. But thats never mentioned but one thing with Willian and he gets crucified despite showing examplery behaviour throughout his time here bar one incident which was a frustrating season for more than just him too. Yes what Willian did was poor but it was one thing and the fact the club knew Conte would be leaving and in what the 5 years he had been here before it was the only incident regarding his behaviour, where still yes it was a mistake and if Conte remained he would have had to apologise or get sold but he should hardly pinned to a cross for it now should he? If the club sticked with that manager and he still stayed I would think differently.

The feeling I get is people just like to make him out as a really bad guy to justify selling him. We all know he is below average but fucking hell, the extremes some people go to is mad. Youd think he was running around the training ground missing training sessions, bad mouthing people, being a bad influence in the dressing room etc. 

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Willian is not a great player, far from it. Pedro offers more and that's saying something, because neither are great.

Fucking madness we knocked that huge offer back from Barca.

Pedro can def offer something still and has the experience the young ones can tap into. Buy they are both the oldest wingers in the League.

4 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Willian is not a great player, far from it. Pedro offers more and that's saying something, because neither are great.

Fucking madness we knocked that huge offer back from Barca.

It is madness, but do we even know if Willian wanted the move? I’m sure if he did he would of pushed the club to accept it? 

17 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

It is madness, but do we even know if Willian wanted the move? I’m sure if he did he would of pushed the club to accept it? 

He never said anything directly or handed in a transfer request but I feel he wanted the move, like most who Barca try to buy, but didnt want to push it through so the club could be in a good position to get a good fee. Similarly to Edens situation this summer although he had asked to leave last summer and did talk about Real Madrid and his future a lot on international duty over the years.

That last pass from willian in the last attack just reminded me how shit he is

Just cant believe we turned down 70m offer from barca for him a summer ago

1 minute ago, shrenshah said:

That last pass from willian in the last attack just reminded me how shit he is

Just cant believe we turned down 70m offer from barca for him a summer ago

The less we talk about that offer the better, I feel like punching someone right now.

Shite. Absolute rubbish this man

I'd rather see Emerson playing LW and Alonso taking LB than seeing this guy on the pitch. Thankfully CHO will be fit soon

Vesper likes this

What about Lampard who decides to get him on the pitch and then, the useless Bats and Gilmore (in this situation), leaving on the bench, Giroud, the only substitue who could bring impact offensively but above all, who would have been able to defend and to keep the ball. How many points are we going to loose before Lampard become aware of the real strenghts and weaknesses of his team ? he won't be able to hide too long behind the Abraham's successful gamble (which i'm glad about ). 

Willian offers one thing, which is work rate, which helps defending and occasionally attacking as welll (with pressing).

right now either his injury was worse than I thought or he’s just not running for the manager. He’s not helping at all.

killer1257 likes this

He was infinitely better than Pulisic(Who, as a fan of his, thinks is in over his head here) today if we are being honest.

5 hours ago, Robchels said:

Willian offers one thing, which is work rate, which helps defending and occasionally attacking as welll (with pressing).

right now either his injury was worse than I thought or he’s just not running for the manager. He’s not helping at all.

You know you’re a very sh*t footballer when your only asset is your “work rate”.

Vesper likes this