Willian

Jase

1 minute ago, DYC. said:

Most players producing high key passes numbers take set-pieces. Hazard of course does not take set-pieces, bar the odd corner here and there. His key passes come from open play. That's the major difference.

And Willian will do enough for a Chelsea player to get on the end of his crosses, but the quality of his delivery isn't that great. I think you'll agree Chels haven't really been threatening from set-pieces.

I think the criticism Willian receives is exaggerated, but I understand the frustation because for years Chels have failed to bring in an upgrade.

But this is nothing new. Willian has shown us who he is from the go. Pretty good player but never decisive. Supporting cast as I like to call him. If Chels possessed more quality overall, he would not be problem, but that's not the case. 

And the funny thing is, though I've never been a fan of Willian, he's the best right winger Chels have had in the Abramovich era. The likes of Joe Cole and Anelka had good spells but it never lasted long. And people love to talk about Robben but Robben was not a right winger back then. He could do a job there but he was better on the left in those days. And Robben wasn't great in Chelsea colours. He was exciting to watch and very talented, but inconsistent and struggled with his fitness. Never hit double figures either. He just played in a better team.

Yeah, I can understand that argument. I just think a lot of these stats are just filler and can be deceptive and just find it rather ironic that the same sort of stats that people churn out to try and argue when Hazard has been poor, Willian is similarly excelling in and being slagged to death, and for the most part it's probably justified because he has been poor this season in my opinion.

I'm also with you on set pieces, I think his corners in particular have been mostly poor this season. But if a lot of his key passes come from set pieces either (1) god knows how bad the rest of the league's set piece takers must be, and (2) without him it could be argued that we would miss those set piece 'key passes' (despite on the face of things being overall poor)

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

lol, you always quote me before I can go back in and sort my dyslexic spelling. I have horrid dyslexia (made earning my post grad degrees a true bish!)

You nutter. I really dont HOPE peeps arem't petty enough to bother about spelling and grammar on here. But if so then funk em!

But Iggy did once comment that he was quoting a post of mine once and every other word was underlined in red lol But I type what I think and rarely change what Ive typed before I post it. But I do SOMETIME edit it to correct spelling once its posted/

I read something the other day that peeps spelling and handwriting is becoming  more and more illegible due to computers etc.

We just dont write anymore. And with kids using computers to do homework etc it starts at a early age.  We just dont form words so peeps handwriting is getting to be worse than Drs.

59 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Was that the actual offer?  I proposed that in this thread (or the Malcolm one, they are kind of the same right now) as a possible answer to the question "How the hell can Marina turn this down?" .

If that was the actual offer, then yes, our board isn't screwing this one up, that's a terrible offer.

Barca values Malcom at £45m so simple maths means £5m cash. £15 or £20m and deal done. Thats fair to both sides given valuation, offer, and purchase history.

4 minutes ago, the wes said:

POTENTIAL IS HIGH!!!????!!!!

He is bloody 30 years old!!!

I am going to choke Sarri myself!

Was replying to that tweet you quoted.

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Barca values Malcom at £45m so simple maths means £5m cash. £15 or £20m and deal done. Thats fair to both sides given valuation, offer, and purchase history.

I get the maths of 45 + 5 = 50.

I mean, how do we know that Barca value Malcolm at 45?

4 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I get the maths of 45 + 5 = 50.

I mean, how do we know that Barca value Malcolm at 45?

I saw in some articles, I mean, that's is the absolute most they possibly could IF they are saying player plus cash

it isnt like they will offer Malcom plus £1m

like I said, £15m or £20m plus Malcom is fair value to both sides

given the history

we HAVE to do something, simply have to

we are losing Eden and CHO (90% sure on both, and even if Eden stays that doesnt begin to fix wingers, if we roll out next year with Willian in the mix still and CHO gone plus only Pulisic added, we are still in shaky shape, as Pedro will also start to really fall off too, due to advanced effects of age)

Willian MUST be taken away from crazy Sarri as an option, he is fucking up the team, along with shit strikers and Alonso

I cover all this here

1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Was that the actual offer?  I proposed that in this thread (or the Malcolm one, they are kind of the same right now) as a possible answer to the question "How the hell can Marina turn this down?" .

If that was the actual offer, then yes, our board isn't screwing this one up, that's a terrible offer.

Here may be the source of there £45m valuation on Malcom

I will try and find the other articles

I say after he has been a fail he is worth LESS than what Barca paid

they certainly cannot claim MORE just because he put that fucking blaugrana kit on!

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1067002/Barcelona-transfer-news-Lionel-Messi-Barca-gossip-latest

Barcelona have received a £45m bid for winger Malcom - just six months after signing him from Bordeaux.

Malcom has struggled to fit in at Barcelona ands made just one start and four substitute appearances in La Liga.

But Chinese Super League outfit Guangzhou Evergrande are ready to spend big on him.

7 hours ago, Robchels said:

It's funny and all, but dismissing the little information and insight that we, supporters, have into the business does not make much sense to me.

The market is telling us something: we have one of the very top clubs making bids for a player that many here detest.

Maybe, just maybe, he's not such a horrible player? No, he hasn't been effective in the final third, but clubs (and big ones at that) clearly see value in whatever the fuck he does.

I at least have never thought he's a horrible player.  He just doesn't seem to fit into system that we are trying to play.  I'm sure Barca see his ability the same way I'm sure Sarri can see his ability and why he kept him this summer.  Unfortunately that ability hasn't translated well for us this year.  I think he's just a little too slow and takes too many touches which I thought was the antithesis of Sarri's system.  He's also 30 now, his value isn't going to be increasing in the future.  

The issue I see is we want more cash for him and Barca want to get rid of Malcom.  I personally wouldn't be adverse to getting Malcom but perhaps now isn't the right time for that with our situation with CHO.  The club might think he'd see that as pushing him out the door if we bring another winger.  I can see the hesitation on the clubs part even if I think this deal could be the last chance we have to sell Willian on for a decent sum.