Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Willian


Jas
 Share
Followers 7

Recommended Posts

I don't really get all the outrage over shirt numbers. It's the players who make the number noteworthy/memorable, not the other way round. And if Hazard hadn't worn the No.10 shirt previously, would people even be feeling outraged over Willian taking it? 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Willian's heat map vs Man City.

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't really get all the outrage over shirt numbers. It's the players who make the number noteworthy/memorable, not the other way round. And if Hazard hadn't worn the No.10 shirt previously, would people even be feeling outraged over Willian taking it? 

The no 10 shirt was worn by Pele and Maradona and is an iconic shirt number but shows the pettiness and ego of modern footballers if they think in anyway they compare to the greatest ever players. It's like the captain of the Dog and Duck demanding the number 10 shirt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Iggy Doonican said:

The no 10 shirt was worn by Pele and Maradona and is an iconic shirt number but shows the pettiness and ego of modern footballers if they think in anyway they compare to the greatest ever players. It's like the captain of the Dog and Duck demanding the number 10 shirt.

I get that but our No.10 shirt has never really carried that same WOW factor. I mean, these are the list of folks who wore that number at the club.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jason said:

I get that but our No.10 shirt has never really carried that same WOW factor. I mean, these are the list of folks who wore that number at the club.

 

If it was me, having seen Jokanovic wear it for the Chels, I'd be picking any number but 10!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont see the outrage in all honesty.

Its just a shirt number. Yeah fair enough number 10 is iconic in football history with the likes of Maradonna, Pele, Messi etc but still its just a number and in reality means bugger all as it doesnt make a player any better or any worse.

Also as stated by someone else, if Hazard didnt wear it beforehand it really really wouldnt be half the issue I feel. And also, if fucking Yossi Benayoun could wear the number 10 for us why shouldn't Willian 🤣 Hes probably one of the most senior players in the squad in attacking areas, has been here for what 7 seasons, been a regular player throughout that time so I dont see why its really a massive issue or debate as if we have a genuine major contender for who should of taken it instead. Callum was obviously who many wanted to take it being a young English, homegrown academy player but he definitely still has work to do to get such a prestigious shirt number if you will, but again I honestly don't care who wears what number except for that time Cuadrado wanted the number 74 or whatever when we initially signed him.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does everyone hate Willian lol

 

Been a great player for this club and whilst has never hit the heights of hazard etc has always been a very useful no. 2.

 

Let the kids earn the no. 10 after all its just a number. CHO when fit will get a shit ton of minutes

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

Why does everyone hate Willian lol

 

Been a great player for this club and whilst has never hit the heights of hazard etc has always been a very useful no. 2.

 

Let the kids earn the no. 10 after all its just a number. CHO when fit will get a shit ton of minutes

he has been shit for years in so so many games, far more tan he has been great

his best years where when we were dregs 

ball hog, not a team player

locker room poison¨selfish Brasilian shit-stirrer

was a little bitch and tossed his kid under the bus on

Image result for willian conte

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Our squad is better with him in it that not. I don't agree he's been that bad at all. He's had bad games but who hasnt.
The overreaction over the squad numbers is baffling to me to be honest.

Who were people expecting to get it? CHO? Who has many years to get it....

It's just a number. Our captain wears 28 who cares

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Hutcho said:

Why does everyone hate Willian lol

 

Been a great player for this club and whilst has never hit the heights of hazard etc has always been a very useful no. 2.

 

Let the kids earn the no. 10 after all its just a number. CHO when fit will get a shit ton of minutes

because he scores about 5 league goals a decade and undermined our manager on social media

Link to post
Share on other sites
RLC 
Him or CHO will get it when willy leaves. Willian done way more and won way more to date.


Again its just a number who cares and we have a transfer ban so need him
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I’m mad because Willian clearly has this club by its balls. 

and now they are talking about a 2 year (not 1) extension, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ffs :rant:

Chelsea seek treble contract boost as they enter talks with Willian, Tammy Abraham and Reece James over new long-term deals with all three set for significant first-team roles next season

Willian, Tammy Abraham and Reece James are in all line for contract extensions
All three players are expected to play a significant role for Chelsea next season 
Chelsea officials are confident that Willian will agree to a new two-year contract
James is also set to land a new deal after Chelsea rejected several bids for him
They are also keen to extend Abraham's existing deal, which expires in 2022

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7315189/Chelsea-target-treble-contract-boost-Willian-Tammy-Abraham-Reece-James.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I’m mad because Willian clearly has this club by its balls. 

Blame the board. God knows why they're still happy over keeping an average player. Could have gotten over 50 million (or whatever it was) for him last summer!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason said:

Blame the board. God knows why they're still happy over keeping an average player. Could have gotten over 50 million (or whatever it was) for him last summer!

£65m:rant:

Football transfer news and rumours: 'Chelsea consider £65m Barcelona bid for Willian'

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/07/23/football-transfer-news-rumours-chelsea-consider-65m-barcelona2/

 

Matt Law hammered Willian too, later on, on of the very rare times Law has had a go at a Chels player and the board in public

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

and now they are talking about a 2 year (not 1) extension, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ffs :rant:

Chelsea seek treble contract boost as they enter talks with Willian, Tammy Abraham and Reece James over new long-term deals with all three set for significant first-team roles next season

Willian, Tammy Abraham and Reece James are in all line for contract extensions
All three players are expected to play a significant role for Chelsea next season 
Chelsea officials are confident that Willian will agree to a new two-year contract
James is also set to land a new deal after Chelsea rejected several bids for him
They are also keen to extend Abraham's existing deal, which expires in 2022

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7315189/Chelsea-target-treble-contract-boost-Willian-Tammy-Abraham-Reece-James.html

I take this as a two year contract not two year extension. As he still has a year left on his contract at present, it would effectively be a one year extension which I would be in agreement with because we still have him under contract at the end of the season, whether it's having him for another year because he has performed well enough this coming season, or still retaining a transfer fee to sell him next summer.

If it's a two year extension (i.e. 3 year contract essentially) then that would definitely be too much.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...