test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Peppi85

Charly Musonda Jr.

Started by Peppi85,

1,350 posts in this topic
Problem is that for the large majority of these talents the step from youth ranks to Chelsea first team football is just too big. Loans are the only way we can help them get to the level but they ofcourse need to be willing and perform at those clubs.
He needs to play one way or another but i highly doubt he would play at other top teams give his current level. He needs a mid table maybe sub top team in a lesser league to develop.
I generally agree with you. Just worried he'd be stuck on the bench at another club/have a similar spell to the one in Spain. Hope he gets a run of games somewhere within the next year.

7 hours ago, LAM09 said:

That's probably down to him being signed by us along with his brothers early on. We will never know what he could have done by now had he stayed at Anderlecht. Just look at Tielemans right now.

I'm not saying he is Hazard's second coming, but he definitely has something about him. The fact some say he's the best Belgium has ever produced must say something.

But he could also have stagnanted badly there and im sure many have at Anderlect too. Our coaches at youth level are top class and Newton and Ferreira make sure they are well looked after on loan, blaming the club for player's falling off a cliff is to easy a copout for me, if he was as good as Tielmens mentally, tacticallly and technically thatwould have come through at some point.

1 hour ago, Georgy said:

Did someone say on the other page he isn't even close to Willian LOLOL

Yes I said that. Willian is out of form but when he’s playing good Charly doesn’t get close to him for me. When Willian was our outstanding player, carrying us in that disasterous season a few years back there was nobody running about posting saying he needs to be dropped or what not and our squad in that department has hardly changed much since then. He is one the guys getting a hard time along with Cahill (sometimes deservedly), Batshuayi (I’ve been critical of him, don’t see him as a good option) but NOBODY played good today not even Eden, David Luiz and the rest of the “untouchables” that fans won’t criticize but I guess it won’t be long before the sign Riyhad Mahrez to replace Willian people come out of hiding again. 

communicate likes this

2 hours ago, Georgy said:

Did someone say on the other page he isn't even close to Willian LOLOL

Let me guess, you thought Kakuta was the new Zidane?

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Let me guess, you thought Kakuta was the new Zidane?

Are you seriously comparing Zidane who was wanted by every club on the planet to Willian who is already lucky to play at a top club?

Kakuta would've needed to outperform an absolute world class Zidane. Hard to see that.

Musonda needs to play better than someone who can't dribble, pass, shoot, I say it's doable but Conte like every manager has that weird fixation by playing the same players over and over even if they play like crap.

Reddish-Blue likes this

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yes I said that. Willian is out of form but when he’s playing good Charly doesn’t get close to him for me. When Willian was our outstanding player, carrying us in that disasterous season a few years back there was nobody running about posting saying he needs to be dropped or what not and our squad in that department has hardly changed much since then. He is one the guys getting a hard time along with Cahill (sometimes deservedly), Batshuayi (I’ve been critical of him, don’t see him as a good option) but NOBODY played good today not even Eden, David Luiz and the rest of the “untouchables” that fans won’t criticize but I guess it won’t be long before the sign Riyhad Mahrez to replace Willian people come out of hiding again. 

He carried us all the through finishing 7 or 8 what an achievement. 3/4 goals he did that season were because of deflected free kicks. Hope United still want him next summer, really bad player at his absolute best he was still mediocre as feck. 

Reddish-Blue likes this

6 minutes ago, Georgy said:

He carried us all the through finishing 7 or 8 what an achievement. 3/4 goals he did that season were because of deflected free kicks. Hope United still want him next summer, really bad player at his absolute best he was still mediocre as feck. 

Okay fair enough, he was still by a mile the best player for us that year and I doubt we’d of even gone as far in the CL or been were we were in the league without him but still you expect a 19/20 year old to be a main player here ahead of Willian, who when he is in form is a good option, or Pedro, who same again showed last season he is more than capable of being a match winner. I would of been happy to have seen us taken an upgrade in the summer if we could of gotten someone like a Bernardo Silva or Alexis Sanchez as most of us would of been but we didn’t.

It’s the old everybody wants young players to play thing ahead of the older experienced players who are “shite” and or out of form, but then if they do and don’t provide people will have expected too much too early and they will fizzle out. I don’t think Charly is ready to be a regular here because if he was he would be, Christensen hasnt started every game but he’s in the squad and played regularlyish but he’s had 2 full seasons of playing every week at a high level in Germany and CL to prepare him, where as Charly hasn’t and has shown not much bar a goal against a championship team, where other than that he looked meh.

This season has been odd, it started poorly and picked up and a few injuries havent helped but summer recruitment was poor regardless (options at CF, LWB, RW or 10), I still think Conte was desperate for another wide player/10 who’s further on in their development to have as an option as opposed to Charly and would expect the same again come January or next summer. 

Hope for Charly's sake, he gets some game time.  The kid has more natural creativity than Pedro & Willian combined.

The question is: do you stick with woefully out of form experience or do you give a kid a chance to walk to walk after the insta post?

Can somebody explain to me what happened to him in Betis? 

I don't think Musonda  was brilliant against palace but better than willian who was awful. 

10 hours ago, Georgy said:

Are you seriously comparing Zidane who was wanted by every club on the planet to Willian who is already lucky to play at a top club?

Kakuta would've needed to outperform an absolute world class Zidane. Hard to see that.

Musonda needs to play better than someone who can't dribble, pass, shoot, I say it's doable but Conte like every manager has that weird fixation by playing the same players over and over even if they play like crap.

No im comparing how Kakuta was hyped back then to what's happening to Musonda now.

LDN Blue likes this

On 10/11/2017 at 5:03 PM, Tomo said:

How have you ended up quoting me? That wasn't my post :lol:

Hahaha I quoted it off your reply. Didn't realise how it came across :lol: 

9 hours ago, Polo7 said:

Did more in 30 seconds than Willian did in 70.

70 mins is fair.... IMO did more in 30secs than all willian games thus far this season... 

Polo7 likes this

If people are still wound up over RLC, can't imagine if this guy leaves. He was good for a brief period for Betis, but in Spain players are more protected and it's a more technical league. This guy is tiny. He can get bullied off the ball easily. He's got quite good feet though. 

1 hour ago, -Kaplan- said:

If people are still wound up over RLC, can't imagine if this guy leaves. He was good for a brief period for Betis, but in Spain players are more protected and it's a more technical league. This guy is tiny. He can get bullied off the ball easily. He's got quite good feet though. 

Idd, even Morata is struggling with the physiccality. I wonder though because he's being linked again with Arsenal, i wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea sells him this january. 

-Kaplan- likes this

41 minutes ago, Shakez said:

Idd, even Morata is struggling with the physiccality. I wonder though because he's being linked again with Arsenal, i wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea sells him this january. 

I don't blame the kid wanting to leave if the rumours are true especially when we have out of form Willian getting ahead of him in the team we could end with another KDB Situation again if Musonda turns into a cracking player 

Fernando likes this