Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

19 hours ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

We better not fuk up with him. Has to be given 10-15 starts this year.

He has to earn them first.

Unfortunately the Qarabag game is badly timed for Charly. Later in the group we might have expected him to start but, with it being first up, Antonio will probably want to go maximum strength and try to put those 3 points in the bank. If Charly does not start against Forest however, it will be a bad sign. A sign that he is not training well and failing to impress Antonio. Let's hope to see him out there on the 20th.

On 09/09/2017 at 6:17 AM, OhForAGreavsie said:

He has to earn them first.

Unfortunately the Qarabag game is badly timed for Charly. Later in the group we might have expected him to start but, with it being first up, Antonio will probably want to go maximum strength and try to put those 3 points in the bank. If Charly does not start against Forest however, it will be a bad sign. A sign that he is not training well and failing to impress Antonio. Let's hope to see him out there on the 20th.

I have been impressed with him every time he has stepped on the pitch for us so far. At times he came on in bad situations with all the red cards we have gotten lately, and even when he was forced to play more centrally and defensively, he impressed. Obviously being a young player, I don't expect his end product to be up to scratch like some of the long standing players here, but he offers directness which someone like Willian at times can be frustrating with. 

He definitely has a spot in the team. Hope he gets his chance to shine tomorrow. 

5 hours ago, Thor said:

I have been impressed with him every time he has stepped on the pitch for us so far. At times he came on in bad situations with all the red cards we have gotten lately, and even when he was forced to play more centrally and defensively, he impressed. Obviously being a young player, I don't expect his end product to be up to scratch like some of the long standing players here, but he offers directness which someone like Willian at times can be frustrating with. 

He definitely has a spot in the team. Hope he gets his chance to shine tomorrow. 

Yes, it does seem that Antonio is prepared to rotate tonight. This surprises, and concerns, me a little. When we rotate heavily, the resulting team is almost always very disjointed, and often needs to be rescued by first-teamers joining from the bench. Antonio will have studied Carabag of course so we'll have to trust that he will only make changes if he's confident the risk is manageable.

As for Charly, the best perfomance I ever saw him give was as a 'regista'. That was in a development squad game a few years ago but, although the experiment seemed a roaring success to me, it was never repeated. It appears that neither the club, nor Charly, see the young Belgian as a deep lying playmaker.

I was not as impressed with Charly as you were. He showed technical quality but we know that about him already. Quality is an important indicator of a player's effectiveness, but we know it's not enough on its own. I'm with you in hoping that, if Charly does start this evening, he makes the most of his chance.

If I were ever able to offer Charly some advice I'm sure he'd listen politely but he'd be well within his rights to be thinking, "What the hell do you know?" Even so, I'd like to remind him that most of the times a player touches the ball, a simple pass is the most effective thing he can do with it. The opportunity to make a big impact occurs less frequently. Greatness comes from recognising those opportunities and being able to exploit them.  Charly has work do in both of these regards. I'm looking forward to seeing him play tonight.

5 hours ago, blueblood22 said:

not even on the bench today...disappointing

There are 6 or 7 games coming up in 21 days. No need to panic, he will get minutes. Anyway I didn't think he'd play tonight because Contes first priority would be to get 3 points in the first match (which with Atletico Roma drawing tonight is even better) while having the opportunity to give such a key player Eden minutes before Arsenal to see where he's at. Whether or not Eden starts against Arsenal it was important he got some more minutes after a long lay off.

Charly will play in the cup game I'd imagine. He'll probably play in most of them against weaker opposition this year. I don't think he's going to be pushing Willian, Pedro, Hazard for a place in the PL team every week. If we are short yes but if not expect him to maybe make the bench or play in cup games 

Hopefully his full debut does not end the same way Boga's did after Cahill ruined it for him and you knew Boga was not going to get that chance again this season. Felt so sad for him. Hopefully Musonda shines tomorrow and if Cahill plays he can stay on the field and not ruin one of our youngster's day.

19 minutes ago, Stats said:

Hopefully his full debut does not end the same way Boga's did after Cahill ruined it for him and you knew Boga was not going to get that chance again this season. Felt so sad for him. Hopefully Musonda shines tomorrow and if Cahill plays he can stay on the field and not ruin one of our youngster's day.

Your not serious with the whole Cahill ruining shit are you... so what he got sent off it happens, Luiz got sent off but he didn't ruin anything. Jeez. People will be blaming Cahill for everything this season ranging from anybody missing an open net to any sort of disaster at this rate. "Gary Cahill to blame for Kim Jon Un shooting nuclear missiles"

Anyway, hopefully Charly gets a good amount of minutes in the match to show us what he is all about. Kenedy at LWB too would be nice. Actually hope the two of them play the full 90. 

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Your not serious with the whole Cahill ruining shit are you... so what he got sent off it happens, Luiz got sent off but he didn't ruin anything. Jeez. People will be blaming Cahill for everything this season ranging from anybody missing an open net to any sort of disaster at this rate. "Gary Cahill to blame for Kim Jon Un shooting nuclear missiles"

Anyway, hopefully Charly gets a good amount of minutes in the match to show us what he is all about. Kenedy at LWB too would be nice. Actually hope the two of them play the full 90. 

I get you like Cahill but you don't have to defend him every day. He's pretty average my man.

13 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I am one of Cahill's biggest fans on here and spend majority of times defending him. I have backed him numerous times in this forum and will continue to do so and while a lot of what I said was done with a bit of tongue in cheek, I really feel he let Boga down and if it was not for his reckless challenge, he could have thrived that game but not sure if he will get that chance again. So I am just hoping Musonda's full debut goes better to plan than Boga's did. Nothing wrong with that mate.

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

getting an early red card dosen't ruin the game? Imagine blaming him for that

16 hours ago, Kieran. said:

I get you like Cahill but you don't have to defend him every day. He's pretty average my man.

He's average and perhaps not even better than Rudiger, well he's definitely not better than Rudiger who in an ideal world would start ahead of him most games but he's getting some flak on here which is maybe OTT. He's like our scapegoat now. Red cards happen in football.