Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

21 minutes ago, Shakez said:

Seems like he's staying beyond pre-season :)

Edit: His favorite number is 7 (because of Cristiano), probably a personal request because n7 is unavailable.

Hazard old shirt number 

13 hours ago, Chelsea4 said:

Charly Musonda has been give the number 17 and will soon sign a new contract according to various reports.

Hope he dosn't get shipped out on loan now(with Hazard's injury also ) ,the way this transfer window is going we will need every decent young lion to fight da cause 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Musonda's clearly a special talent. It warms my heart to see the club refuse sign a RW that would hinder his chances. He's already one of the World's best dribblers imo & handing Hazard's old number to him clearly shows they rate him highly.

Anyone reading this post please watch this entire video & tell me when Willian's ever played this well for us in his entire career? This is 100% a Hazard-lite performance.

I'm impressed. If Pedro/Hazard could be soon fit, I don't see a need for another RWF/LWF. Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Musonda and Boga. Michy/Morata at the worst case scenario could play there too (hope not Morata ofc). Sounds good.

7 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

Musonda's clearly a special talent. It warms my heart to see the club refuse sign a RW that would hinder his chances. He's already one of the World's best dribblers imo & handing Hazard's old number to him clearly shows they rate him highly.

Anyone reading this post please watch this entire video & tell me when Willian's ever played this well for us in his entire career? This is 100% a Hazard-lite performance.

LOL, in the first 3 plays of this video, he creates 3 100% goalscoring chances any half-decent striker should convert in his sleep. Why do we loan out so talented palyers to so incredibly shitty sides?

One games worth of highlights does not make a player. That's completely moronic logic. To then use that as a metric while shitting on Willian...I can't even.

He's talented and it's nice that he's seemingly sticking around this year. But let's keep expectations in check. He's very, very raw and returned last December for more than just not clicking with managerial changes. 

24 minutes ago, GQman2121 said:

One games worth of highlights does not make a player. That's completely moronic logic. To then use that as a metric while shitting on Willian...I can't even.

He's talented and it's nice that he's seemingly sticking around this year. But let's keep expectations in check. He's very, very raw and returned last December for more than just not clicking with managerial changes. 

No one deemed him an accomplished player already. But you can tell from these highlights that he is definitely talented, which is all w recognized here. I'd rather give him a chance than force Morata on the wing or bullshit like that. 

1 hour ago, GQman2121 said:

Young players with huge potential like Musonda, need to be around other top class players imo. I think loaning them out to mid/low table sides in other leagues is a recipe for disaster. I don't know of any young player of 18/19/20 who played for a poor side and developed into a world class player at that club. Even Messi would struggle on loan to a poor side who can't take advantage of a player like Messi's ability. 

25 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Young players with huge potential like Musonda, need to be around other top class players imo. I think loaning them out to mid/low table sides in other leagues is a recipe for disaster. I don't know of any young player of 18/19/20 who played for a poor side and developed into a world class player at that club. Even Messi would struggle on loan to a poor side who can't take advantage of a player like Messi's ability. 

Its hard because big sides don't want to take loanees on their team, they buy their players (or want a "to buy fee" included in the contract). The loanees want to play, and they get better as its just a stepping stone for them.
If you loan a player who is not deemed good enough for a big side he will just fade into obscurity there. Example: Wallace at Inter. Man he looked promising!

29 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Players need to play. You need to see them and have enough tape on them to determine if they're worth further investment or time developing. You can only learn so much from having them in practice or playing sparsely during a season.

Look at Aké. He played, was recalled, and then sold for £20m where he's going to start and be a critical piece for Howe and Bournemouth this year. That doesn't mean he's good enough to start for a club in Europe battling on four fronts, but he went out, did the work and is now set to heavily contribute. 

That's really all you can ask for from a young player. We just have to hope one of them develops into a player at the caliber required at this level.

We deemed Ake and Chalobah not good enough. 

RLC and Zouma are on big top flight loans and will be revisited next year.

Musonda, Baker and Christensen are now up and we get to see if or how they're going to be used and tested. 

I think this is the right way to go about this process. You just have to get lucky with talent which is something everyone in the country is struggling with. This is not solely a Chelsea Football Club dilemma.

30 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

I rate him very highly, he seems like a real deal :) I hope he we don't bring another winger ... he should start some PL matches when we go up against defensive teams like Burnley ;) 

It would be a joy to watch him alongside Hazard and Morata ;) 

You can say I am being negitive here but he has literally done fuck all. Simple passes, dribbling and the odd miss control. I hope to see more of him as he does look like a special talent though but I will say it again, the lad needs to start drinking mass gainers.

You can say I am being negitive here but he has literally done fuck all. Simple passes, dribbling and the odd miss control. I hope to see more of him as he does look like a special talent though but I will say it again, the lad needs to start drinking mass gainers.
He's been part of two preseason games with 30m~ to his name. Looked more lively than Willian has in his 3+ starts IMO.

Only seen glimpses of him at Betis but have heard how highly rated he his. Hope he's given a chance to play more often than not.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

He's been part of two preseason games with 30m~ to his name. Looked more lively than Willian has in his 3+ starts IMO.

Only seen glimpses of him at Betis but have heard how highly rated he his. Hope he's given a chance to play more often than not.

He has been given the number 17 shirt. Is that a sign they want him to follow in Edens footsteps? Maybe thats how highly the club rate him.