Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

He has been given the number 17 shirt. Is that a sign they want him to follow in Edens footsteps? Maybe thats how highly the club rate him.
Don't take much notice of numbers really unless it's 10 or 7. We can only hope he has a similar rise here.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
6 minutes ago, DDA said:
He has been given the number 17 shirt. Is that a sign they want him to follow in Edens footsteps? Maybe thats how highly the club rate him.

Don't take much notice of numbers really unless it's 10 or 7. We can only hope he has a similar rise here.

I don't normally but when he took his bib off to enter the pitch at Wembley earlier today, I saw the number 17 and it had that special feeling about it. Guess I am footballing fantasist, I don't know but yea, here's to C.Musonda.jnr having a successful future here.

He looks to be a great talent. I think we're good for wingers. So glad to see him getting some time on the pitch, as well as Boga to a lesser degree. 

He brings directness to our game, which I liked as soon as he got on the pitch. Maybe not the best time to actually show his stuff seeing as the field got smaller with Arsenal being able to crowd our players with a man less, but you can see the talent. I realise he is a winger, but I thought he did quite well when he came into the middle of the pitch as well. 

Give him a go. He is exceptionally skilled, an athlete and a youngster ready to make the next step. He has all the tools to be a top player. 

4 hours ago, Thor said:

He looks to be a great talent. I think we're good for wingers

I thought that too.

But since conte keep repeating, when pedro and hazard injured, he dont have any option

Its actually makes me worried. Probably conte actually didnt planned musonda or boga as part of our 1st team member.

If musonda or boga send out loan again, it will be really pity. Because it seems we actually have immense talent to develop

There really is no need to sign any more attacking players when we have one world class one in Eden, two established and experienced ones in Willian and Pedro, and two talented and hungry youngsters in Musonda and Boga. Whoever accepts to be 4th choice would not be much better than those two anyway, and I doubt either of Pedro or Willian would accept being 4th choice if we signed an upgrade on them, so Charly and Jeremie would still have place. I also noticed Musonda was wearing nr. 17 shirt, which is quite unusual for a player who is not in first team plans, unless he is.

6 minutes ago, manpe said:

There really is no need to sign any more attacking players when we have one world class one in Eden, two established and experienced ones in Willian and Pedro, and two talented and hungry youngsters in Musonda and Boga. Whoever accepts to be 4th choice would not be much better than those two anyway, and I doubt either of Pedro or Willian would accept being 4th choice if we signed an upgrade on them, so Charly and Jeremie would still have place. I also noticed Musonda was wearing nr. 17 shirt, which is quite unusual for a player who is not in first team plans, unless he is.

Yeah, specially since we played so well yesterday, in Eden's absence...

Honestly, mate, do you see Pedro or Willian as starters for Bayern, Real, Barca or Juve? Cause I think those are the clubs that we want to compete with, not Liverpool or Spurs.

Regarding Musonda, sure, he's a very promissing young player and I hope he gets plenty of game time this season, but again, you cannot count on players like him to take you to the next level. Not now.

We need some strong wingers added to the team. I would take Bale in a heartbeat, even for 100m.

2 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Honestly, mate, do you see Pedro or Willian as starters for Bayern, Real, Barca or Juve? Cause I think those are the clubs that we want to compete with, not Liverpool or Spurs.

No I don't, but we are not competing with these guys. Reality check - we will not be on those teams' levels this season, if you were hoping otherwise. Whoever is available on the market and is an upgrade over those two I don't know, but it's very unlikely we could sign that player anymore when we can't even close Drinkwater. At the moment we need to make sure to be competitive in the league, UCL is not happening so whatever those elite teams are doing doesn't concern us now.

6 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

but again, you cannot count on players like him to take you to the next level. Not now.

I know, never claimed something like that. They are deputies so merely providing squad numbers when the others aren't available or need a rest.

7 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

We need some strong wingers added to the team. I would take Bale in a heartbeat, even for 100m.

Ideally yes, but not in this transfer window. Candreva at best. We have positions that are in serious crisis and with the way this window has been going, we will not have the time or money to sign another high profile attacker.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Hamilton said:

He told the belgian fa he won't play the belgian u21 game next week, nobody knows why?

Chadli, Witsel, Origi are in the senior squad. To be fair, if I would be touted as the next big thing in Belgian football like Charly Musonda is, I would reject the U-21 call, too.

Divock Origi for fucks sake he's been chosen in French league worst team of the season a few years back, looks like a complete donkey everytime he goes on a football pitch and still makes the senior squad.

Origi and Januzaj are two of the most overrated players in world football for the past 4-5 years, I have never understood the hype around them, they are fucking dog shite.

On 01/08/2017 at 3:27 AM, Gilvorak said:

Musonda's clearly a special talent. It warms my heart to see the club refuse sign a RW that would hinder his chances. He's already one of the World's best dribblers imo & handing Hazard's old number to him clearly shows they rate him highly.

Anyone reading this post please watch this entire video & tell me when Willian's ever played this well for us in his entire career? This is 100% a Hazard-lite performance.

Of course they have. You've seen the same performances we all have so you must know this.

Even so the real comparison is game after game, not pick out a highlight performance and use that as a yardstick.

There were some genuinely excellent moments from Charly in that game. Still not enough to save him from an eventual, and I must admit deserved, benching at Betis. Let's remember that once Charly lost his place as a regular starter, he never got it back. We have to love the lad's talent, but we have also to avoid pretending that he is something more than in fact he is currently. We should give him space for more development. He needs it.